Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do believe that is right because I remember a lot of players still calling Archosaur ADC or Ancient Dragon City

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@343 With your release I am having a problem with the Importing Roles to MySQL Failed on the character page. I have tried doing some of the edits that are posted here in the forums but none of them seems to help. Any suggestions?

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
@343 With your release I am having a problem with the Importing Roles to MySQL Failed on the character page. I have tried doing some of the edits that are posted here in the forums but none of them seems to help. Any suggestions?

If that is on PWadmin side, make sure that your creditials are correct.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The creditials are right as I can access everything but when I try and sync the database, I can manually enter character account ID's and bring up characters.

I would try iweb but i get a lot of CGI server errors on a lot of things and I have not messed with any settings from 343's release at all other then entering in the IP and Lan IP as requested in setup.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
343 can you help me make pw server 1.3.6? but i have no idea to make it after i download the files where would i start?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@mercedes if you need some help getting started send me a pm i would get back to you when I can. Btw 343 will not help since his release is pretty much straight forward and easy to do.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried everything I can think of and also searched the forums here for a solution on accounts failing to create characters.

What happened was I used 343's 1.3.6 release for a while then upgraded to 1.4.6. I restored from a backup from the 1.3.6 server to recover the SQL database account information. I took the character's gamedb from 1.3.6 and copied them over to 1.4.6 and this allows the players to log into their old characters. However the problem resides in that new characters are not able to be created on new accounts and old accounts get the error message character name already in use.

I have tried deleting the uniquename database and that didnt work. I tried using a backup of the clsconfig within the gamedbd to see if that would fix the problem. Nothing seems to fix the problem. I even went as far as taking the gamedb creating a backup of the character files and removing them from the server. Starting it back up fresh and then coping the files back again.

I could really use some insight on how to fix this because right now its really hindering the server.

Edit* I even tried doing a database restore on the character database to see if that was the problem and it still did not work. I keep seeing the message dbcreaterole: failed right after the dbcreaterole is sent as a post to PostCreateRole to uniqueserver. I even tried deleting the uniquename database to see if that had anything to do with it and still did not work. However when I wipe the database and start empty i am then able to create a character as if nothing was wrong.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I fixed all earlier problems but now this one really has be baffled. Shut down the server to do a patch and now when the server was relaunched Factions have been hidden as well as mail can not be sent to anyone without it coming up with erroneous letter information.

I did search the forums but could not find anything that helped with this problem.

I am using 343's release and everything was working fine before this patch today. Is it possible that I forgot something or edited something wrong that caused it to happen?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What would cause the database to corrupt, as whats weird is I did a restore and then the gamedb is working, then as the rest of the server loads the gamebd dies. I check the gamebd log and there is nothing there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey first post here. Firstly thank you so much 343 I am a total noob and after about a week of research and basically cursing the gods I have an active 1.5.1 server running. It was mostly self inflicted as I am such a noob... Now my real question that I really need some help from anyone on is there is a lot of talk about the gshop and how easy it is to get back into the game including several boasts at successful integration from multitudes of gshops that are ready made to put in however... I am unable to download any of the links given and I must say I am either too stupid or the files are missing from the links can anyone give me either a working gshop or explain what commands are needed to add items to it as the dev.iso is not working for me at all have burned it, tried to mount it, sung it a lullaby even bought it a drink and still have no luck with it. I have a separate computer running the server and am planning on acquiring a new server in November that can actually run all the game at once. I thank you all for your help in advance. I have looked through posts and have followed many links but to no avail, if you are able to enlighten me I will be eternally grateful. Also the server is for me and my 5 friends and my fiancee not a public gig at all was a gm in a private server and will never repeat that experience even for money.

Reaction score
Hey first post here. Firstly thank you so much 343 I am a total noob and after about a week of research and basically cursing the gods I have an active 1.5.1 server running. It was mostly self inflicted as I am such a noob... Now my real question that I really need some help from anyone on is there is a lot of talk about the gshop and how easy it is to get back into the game including several boasts at successful integration from multitudes of gshops that are ready made to put in however... I am unable to download any of the links given and I must say I am either too stupid or the files are missing from the links can anyone give me either a working gshop or explain what commands are needed to add items to it as the dev.iso is not working for me at all have burned it, tried to mount it, sung it a lullaby even bought it a drink and still have no luck with it. I have a separate computer running the server and am planning on acquiring a new server in November that can actually run all the game at once. I thank you all for your help in advance. I have looked through posts and have followed many links but to no avail, if you are able to enlighten me I will be eternally grateful. Also the server is for me and my 5 friends and my fiancee not a public gig at all was a gm in a private server and will never repeat that experience even for money.

For 151 specifically you'll want to use one of the newer tools for gshop to re-add the "boutique". Try the gshop editor in ../pwtools-bin/sGSHOPedit/

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For 151 specifically you'll want to use one of the newer tools for gshop to re-add the "boutique". Try the gshop editor in ../pwtools-bin/sGSHOPedit/

What tool should I use to re-add the "boutique" on 136 or 146 servers? The same that you tell to Triab? ../pwtools-bin/sGSHOPedit/?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
add gshop client and server files to client and server and add items to it by using sGSHOPedit.

Thanks. It works!

Now I'm trying to discover why does some items that I've added to my char put Map Service (gs) offline :/

It's the first time that I'm creating a PW Server. I have tried so many times before, but it never have worked like now rs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a question I know this has been talked about but my question is as follows,

Is it possible to switch characters from one account to another and if it is how. I have tried using the XML editor to change the status of the userid to the account that it should be move to but it stays on the account that it was. Is there something that I am missing?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you should play with gamedbd. be carefull its risky thing. so always make backup from your db files

Back