Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Reaction score
...Though I've always installed on 'clean' HDDs; it is as simple as:

1- Install Linux (& ia32-libs if running x64)
2- Copy all files from disc or ISO to /
3- Run /root/notes/setup.sh
4- /root/start.sh starts apache, MySQL, and both tomcats (-- so you can then start the actual PW server from pwAdmin...)

With the only files that need IP 'configuration':
/etc/hosts
/opt/lampp/htdocs/config.php
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Maskgen/index.jsp

I actually did it quite a bit differently, used 10.10 64 bit install disc, let it do the tasksel install lamp ssh etc (you could have also said in your guide to use sudo tasksel install lamp and it'd magically set it all up)

Then after going through the server_root.iso I couldn't find a copy of pwAdmin anywhere (which I did happen to find after I installed on my own... you sneaky little hider...)

The only thing I really took off of your disk was /PWServer and the libs from /lib32 everything else I installed on my own so apt can make sure it stays up to date...

It does work just fine this way too, not how you intended probably, but it does work...

Reaction score
I actually did it quite a bit differently, used 10.10 64 bit install disc, let it do the tasksel install lamp ssh etc (you could have also said in your guide to use sudo tasksel install lamp and it'd magically set it all up)

Then after going through the server_root.iso I couldn't find a copy of pwAdmin anywhere (which I did happen to find after I installed on my own... you sneaky little hider...)

The only thing I really took off of your disk was /PWServer and the libs from /lib32 everything else I installed on my own so apt can make sure it stays up to date...

It does work just fine this way too, not how you intended probably, but it does work...

Well sure there are a million and one ways to do anything in the entire I.T. world (as you and I both know)... I just figured the more 'n00b' friendly I made it, the better, because then n00bs could get it to work; and obviously experienced people can do as they see fit ;)

Actually my entire goal was not 'hiding' pwAdmin, I did not 'hide' it "on purpose". If you notice I have two instances of tomcat, one for port 8080 so it can be open to the WAN for pages such as GetGold or GetItem or GuildIcon... pwAdmin is in /2/ which is the 2nd tomcat which operates on port :8443 (non SSH) so that server admins can leave port 8443 closed to the WAN, and therefore keep pwAdmin secure from any outside use at all...

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Start.sh and the files that it's scripted to run. They all give me "Permission Denied" even when running as root. When I alter them to be executable, they work, but then I have to mod the apache folder because the start.sh in the bin won't work. So once all of that is finally done, I can't even get to pwAdmin to start it. Plus when using the pwAdmin that I installed (Separately) it won't start the server.

Also with the picture I uploaded, I used chmod to change the permissions (777) then back to as you had it (644)

I really don't know what to tell you... That scenario/image sort of baffles me... Definitely not how it's supposed to work, it's supposed to be a really simple straight-forward install =\ I think I'll even post a video later of me doing a complete install just to show how simplex I have it set up to be...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi 343

I use your server and client for test tw, but this message appears after the end of the war territorial "Territorial battle fund raising is over" and the schedule does not appear that the clan will be tw.

Possible help?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
hmmm. gotta problem...

./setup.sh in /root/notes/ setup.sh i cannot get it to work. it keeps sending me a message permission denied

then again i am useing the hrace009 version of the vbox but replaced all the files on the server disk to the root directory of my server

also changed all ip's for the required files to 0.10

Reaction score
Hi 343

I use your server and client for test tw, but this message appears after the end of the war territorial "Territorial battle fund raising is over" and the schedule does not appear that the clan will be tw.

Possible help?

How long are you waiting? I do know that after bidding ends, it doesn't instantly issue war times... I don't really know how long it takes, even 'roughly', but I do know it is NOT instant...

hmmm. gotta problem...

./setup.sh in /root/notes/ setup.sh i cannot get it to work. it keeps sending me a message permission denied

then again i am useing the hrace009 version of the vbox but replaced all the files on the server disk to the root directory of my server

also changed all ip's for the required files to 0.10

Best thing I could recommend is starting from literal square one, from installing Linux... I will be doing a short video (time lapsed 2x probably) to show how I set it up... Hopefully I can have that done and 'up' within the next couple days :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got a server connect error. I don't know what I did wrong exactly./etc/hosts
/opt/lampp/htdocs/config.php
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Maskgen/index.jsp
Changed those files to IP of machine.
Edited the server list in the client as well.
I can access the pwAdmin and everything else

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I really don't know what to tell you... That scenario/image sort of baffles me... Definitely not how it's supposed to work, it's supposed to be a really simple straight-forward install =\ I think I'll even post a video later of me doing a complete install just to show how simplex I have it set up to be...

I did pretty much what Das did. I took the items from your /PWServer and just threw them into my existing server. My players enjoy the new area's and can't wait until we get Tideborn and now the Earthgaurd races. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it!

-Josh

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
wow i got everything up frsh install of ubuntu server and copied the files to the root folder, made the root user accessable and when i go to click on anything DENIED not allowed to touch the damn thing

any suggestions

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

correction when i try to type anything like install.sh or start.sh or anything what so ever "Permission Denied"

Reaction score
wow i got everything up frsh install of ubuntu server and copied the files to the root folder, made the root user accessable and when i go to click on anything DENIED not allowed to touch the damn thing

any suggestions

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

correction when i try to type anything like install.sh or start.sh or anything what so ever "Permission Denied"

Linux needs explicit permission to execute anything, not even root can get around that

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
ill try that

also specificly what folders and files should be chmod 0777

and love the front interface when you go to the ip ex.192.168.0.x

very clean and sharp :thumbup:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
mb anybody know why on entering i see
PS sorry i bad know english(

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When i download the second part of your server files it says
CRC failed in "server_root.iso". File is broaken.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have downloaded the File several times now, and whenever i try to extract part 2 of the server files it tells me
CRC failed in "server_root.iso" File is broaken.
Try re-up loading it again, or could you please give me a different mirror, maybe magupload is corupting the file or something.

Reaction score
I have downloaded the File several times now, and whenever i try to extract part 2 of the server files it tells me
CRC failed in "server_root.iso" File is broaken.
Try re-up loading it again, or could you please give me a different mirror, maybe magupload is corupting the file or something.

All of them worked fine for me so it is just you...

Code:
C:\Users\David\Desktop>sha1sum *.iso
1ff22001665fa42fbc59f31449c2c938add32a22 *PW_Client.iso
b2f585b1209e904385d96ad65a3e84a6e93a9f7a *PW_DEV.iso
bec629b03a0f619463d5133db4f77a779e200924 *server_root.iso

if 343 would like to verify those are correct he can feel free to, but thats what I got and they work perfectly...

Reaction score
All of them worked fine for me so it is just you...

Code:
C:\Users\David\Desktop>sha1sum *.iso
1ff22001665fa42fbc59f31449c2c938add32a22 *PW_Client.iso
b2f585b1209e904385d96ad65a3e84a6e93a9f7a *PW_DEV.iso
bec629b03a0f619463d5133db4f77a779e200924 *server_root.iso

if 343 would like to verify those are correct he can feel free to, but thats what I got and they work perfectly...

yes, these sha-1 hashes are correct ;) :)

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Video is up,,, see post #2...

I did it all in 15 minutes -- from 0 to full up and running in only 15 minutes -- NOT time lapsed whatsoever (it is "real time") :eek:

This is exactly how I designed this package to install/work. This is how it has worked for me on every install, ranging from VMware to physical machines (There's no difference really)... So if it does not work for you in this exact manner, (I almost don't know what to say) I'm sorry, but it is sort of difficult to troubleshoot something I myself am not experiencing =\

Last edited:
Back