Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
OK seems how it hasn't been said and you don't need to edit anything to get in I will let everyone know. z9 yes it an instance, however go to Dawn's Cry Isle and enter the cave at the south west side of the island. And be prepared to be in there for a bit, took me close to 20 mins on normal run to go from front to back.

Last edited:
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Top right side of the map, east of Misfortune.

Other things found, in pwAdmin under Addons "List GM Accounts" & "List Online Players", never was able to get the latter to work until now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well as far as CPW I think it just hates me, as it still wont connect for some reason, not sure if its a permission or what. I have tried using my internal and external ip and no luck with either. Again I think it just doesn't like me. Either way another great job, love the new HUGE map.

It is not going to be a permission to my knowledge (I have this release set up so that NO permissions have to be altered)...

I'm assuming you are not using 10.0.0.51 for the server (because most peoples home networks are 192.168.x.x =\) so... a few things you can try here:

-make sure you edited client\patcher\server\updateserver.txt to match the IP that you've made the server
-try building a 'test' server without changing anything (including IP -- make it 10.0.0.51) -- however ofc you HAVE to know what you're doing w/ networking, and you'll have to change your "client PC" too... Which will mean one of two things, #1 you wont have 'internet' while testing this or #2 you will have to change your entire network (so that you can have your 'internet' while testing)... If you're not sure about this way don't try it -- I can't support it (you would have to know what you're doing on your own) if you don't just mess with option #1

ANOTHER thing, guessing that you've read the instructions, you MUST upload a FULLY UN-COMPRESSED version of the client to CPW -- this must be done on your own (otherwise my server download would have been HUGE [about ~11~12GB] and you must run the initial build (./cpw initial] -- THIS initial build process can take a VERY LONG TIME (so start it right before you go to bed or something)! Just as an example, here is a screen shot of my VM test/build server -- and how long it took. That's right almost SEVEN HOURS...(see pic)...

But that's the ONLY thing people must do to have fully working CPW. Is:

-Fully un-compress and place fully un-compressed client in /opt/cpw/files/new/

-Run CPW initial build

presto CPW will work ;)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Ok so before it will even show up being able to connect to the patch server there has to be an initial build in place? As far as the initial build time, yea done that 3 times prior to this build, does take forever.

Only issue I would have with completely modding my network is it would put 4 other people out of internet and I would never hear the end of that, so that wouldn't work lol. I will do the initial and see if it is able to connect after that. Thanks.

Reaction score
I mentioned the time not only for you, but for others as well -- before the complaints started rushing in LOL. I could see it now "my computer froze while doing initial build" NO it didn't :p it takes about SEVEN HOURS to do :laugh:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It took 3h for me but it was on my computer and not under a virtual machine. Maybe that's why it takes longer for you...

Reaction score
Here are some screenies of CPW working (screenie 1). Don't forget, to have the actual patcher working you only need to properly 'config' updateserver.txt (screenie 2). The 'config' for the little 'web site box' is set in mainuni.xml (screenie 3).

Hope this helps some too ;)

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ahm excuse me Devs and Mods... First of all thanks to 343 once again for this new release... I just have one little teeny weeny question though... This regards the installation of apache tomcat 5.5.28 thing... I didn't have this before. I wonder if I missed something? I checked if there's a typo but none. Could someone please tell me what's wrong and what a linux term "-bash" mean??? I uploaded a video of what actually happens. Please watch in full screen for better quality. TIA

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
What exactly were you trying to do when getting this issue?

If it is trying to change ip from this step:

Make sure to 'configure' your servers IP in the following files:

/etc/hosts
/opt/lampp/htdocs/config.php

/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask Gen/index.jsp
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/List GM Accounts/index.jsp
/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/List Online Players/index.jsp

Then you would simply do a gedit command to edit these files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The old "maskgen" works on my pc. I followed the same procedure from the video and after typing "Mask Gen" it says that there's no such directory. I was installing it and since I can't anymore, I just skipped that apache part and finished the installation. I started the server and it still works. I guess that is not a problem for me at all because I'm just testing the game for the meantime. Thanks mate! I am also trying to figure out the changes in this release. :D Who's gonna discover them? LOL XD

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Would anyone be KIND enough to upload an elements.data with head fashion on? :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
pzykie your issue is this, the path you typed is not valid. Either of the following should work.
Code:
cd ./apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Maskgen
or
cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Maskgen

Using "./" means that its in your current directory. "/" means its the root of your drive (ie the highest point of the file structure). Using ".." will move you up a directory.

Also take note of uppercase and lowercase letters.

This is Bash
)

Basically bash is trying to execute the command "cd" but it errors because you gave it invalid arguments.

Reaction score
Actually the name of the directory has since changed -- it is no longer 'MaskGen' as you've probably noticed there is now a space in it, 'Mask Gen' which means if you throw the command:

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask Gen

You ARE going to get an error (because of the space in the directory/file name)... For those who do not know, you must use quotes when working with files or directories that contain spaces in their names [like this]:

cd "/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask Gen"

or

cd '/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask Gen'

or

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/"Mask Gen"

or

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/'Mask Gen'

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually the name of the directory has since changed -- it is no longer 'MaskGen' as you've probably noticed there is now a space in it, 'Mask Gen' which means if you throw the command:

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask Gen

You ARE going to get an error (because of the space in the directory/file name)... For those who do not know, you must use quotes when working with files or directories that contain spaces in their names [like this]:

cd "/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask Gen"

or

cd '/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask Gen'

or

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/"Mask Gen"

or

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/'Mask Gen'

or

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask\ Gen

You forgot escaping the space! (which is what bash would use if you used tab autocompletion)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hehe the blackhole of space got me...XD I tried this one -> cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/"Mask Gen" and it worked! Thank you! ♥♥♥ :D

Reaction score
or

cd /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2/webapps/pwAdmin/addons/Mask\ Gen[/b]

You forgot escaping the space! (which is what bash would use if you used tab autocompletion)

Indeedly doodly, that works too :)

343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
I managed to download it on the last day of my internet month, YAY!

So far, loving it, totally epic release 343, and just out of interest, where did you get the z9 and jail maps from? the CN client? Just, I have never seen them before...

But very cool :D

Reactions: 343
Back