Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, quick problem. I've unpacked all of the pck files into the main element directory. However, there is already a fonts folder to begin with so the fonts.pck is going to try to override it. What should I do about this?

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
crx, don't replace the whole skins folder, go through file by file and test stuff to see what works and you also need to get the maps right but i'm sure you already knew that...

Either way, don't replace the whole folder, just do a few files at a time and experiment with trial and error

Reactions: 343
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Yea the maps are hugely different. I will try a few files at a time and see how it goes.

Edit: OK didn't get far, the first file moved was the mainuni xml file and it wont launch. Re keyed the patcher and launcher exe files and then moved my skin over and voila. Thank a lot for all the help and your hard work 343.

Last edited:
Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Err thats a bit weird, is anything else wrong with the server like can you get pwAdmin etc

It is perhaps something wrong with mySQL, you could perhaps try to reinstall the server.

Also could you please provide a bit more detail? can you enter the game on those characters? can you change the level of them with pwAdmin on the xml part of the char?

Reaction score
Err thats a bit weird, is anything else wrong with the server like can you get pwAdmin etc

Also could you please provide a bit more detail? can you enter the game on those characters? can you change the level of them with pwAdmin on the xml part of the char?

no, else is fine.

I can't, and I created them from PW itself.and no, the XML is blank

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
I am running this server and have encountered a glitch in FCC when i kill Cyclotra Styren...it kicks us out and completely stops the instance.
My GM status was wiped also and had to be re-instated from this glitch...but that happend only once, opposed to the actual instance stopping and kicking us 3 times...has anybody else experienced this and any suggestions?

Also...room 34 of the cube..when using do-all cards it gave a dice of 14 which stated not in requested area...and obviously so as i was in room 34 and couldnt go back...impossible.
Any suggestions on this also as im wondering if it could be my installation or is it an actual problem anybody else has encountered?:tongue:
By the way, thank you for your work on this release and my friends and i are enjoying it greatly:w00t:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am running this server and have encountered a glitch in FCC when i kill Cyclotra Styren...it kicks us out and completely stops the instance.
Assuming that this is not wrong drop setting in elements.data (so drop probability equals 1) it can be bad aipolicy. So... get my aipolicy and copy it to client and server files.

Also...room 34 of the cube..when using do-all cards it gave a dice of 14 which stated not in requested area...and obviously so as i was in room 34 and couldnt go back...impossible.
sTASKedit -> find proper quest and replace reward

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello guys. 343 ty for work!

in last realese Chrono World fixed????

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
Assuming that this is not wrong drop setting in elements.data (so drop probability equals 1) it can be bad aipolicy. So... get my aipolicy and copy it to client and server files.
Thank you for your quick and informative reply, however i did try this but encountered the same problem but this time on another boss in FCC...it seems to be that as they die and the door opens...this is when it occurs but this is just my guess.
I havent messed with the elements.data so its not this, the only settings i have changed are the cleric to run at 4.8 (at the behest of my wifes cleric) and the exp and spirit to 50,000... oh and also in admin above the drop rates i did change the lambda value but changed it back to 1 (is 1 the right setting as i forgot the original?), also drop rate is set to 1...this is the only changes ive made to date.

sTASKedit -> find proper quest and replace reward
I havent done this second task yet for the cube.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't really chime in about cube, as I've not done extensive testing on it (other than to know 'it works' {in general at least}).

However your FF/FCC/FC problem -- I can guarantee you've changed something you should not have -- because I just recently extensively tested this instance since I fixed the AIPOLICY to not broadcast what the mobs say to world chat...

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Not to poke 343 but you did miss the Nirvana boss world chat spam. Just thought you would like to know.

Reaction score
I can't really chime in about cube, as I've not done extensive testing on it (other than to know 'it works' {in general at least}).

did you do anything to in since your last release? if no, then it works fine I extensively tested cube

also all my characters are spawning from the client at level 0, which wasn't the case last release

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Well you seem to be the only one with that problem so I would suggest rinstalling the server and if that doesnt work re download

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Ugh I am having such annoying problems,
Got the server working all good and everything in vbox no problems what so ever

But when I try and install it on a proper computer.... all hell breaks loose quite honestly.
I have tried:
copying server_root.iso with ssh, mounting it and copying to /
extracting server_root.iso on my computer and copying to physical computer via ssh
copying server_root.iso to a flash drive, mounting the flash drive, mounting the server_root.iso and copying it to root
extracting server_root.iso to a flash drive, mounting on computer and copying to root

And I CANNOT get it working, for everything that I have tried it either:
1) Only copies some directories
2) Replaces letters in file contents and folder names with weird symbols, numbers and letters (eg gam)db or I even saw a file with a music note symbol (♫) and I'm like wtf)

If anyone knows what the hell is going wrong, I will love you forever if you can help

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Tomorrow I might try doing the same thing with the same HDD but a different computer, I doubt it will help though

Reaction score
That's weird I've installed this on physical machines several times in testing...

I know it may very well not make a difference, but maybe if you try exactly the way I have done it, maybe it will work =\

Anyway - rather simple possible 'try' here:

Burn the ISO with PowerISO - to a DvD

Then copy everything off your physical disc...

I do know, that many physical "REAL" servers don't have DVD drives (CD only), so I have even added separate CD (2 CD) downloads for these types of servers. If this happens to be your scenario (you could ofc split the ISO yourself, or) download those here:

Back