Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Reaction score
did you do anything to in since your last release? if no, then it works fine I extensively tested cube

also all my characters are spawning from the client at level 0, which wasn't the case last release

No I did not touch cube since last release, so good to hear you have previously done 'extensive' testing and to know that it works good :)

As far as characters 'spawning' @ level 0 -- I do not know, I have never had that happen to me... =\ Try a re-install :?

Well you seem to be the only one with that problem so I would suggest rinstalling the server and if that doesnt work re download

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Ugh I am having such annoying problems,
Got the server working all good and everything in vbox no problems what so ever

But when I try and install it on a proper computer.... all hell breaks loose quite honestly.
I have tried:
copying server_root.iso with ssh, mounting it and copying to /
extracting server_root.iso on my computer and copying to physical computer via ssh
copying server_root.iso to a flash drive, mounting the flash drive, mounting the server_root.iso and copying it to root
extracting server_root.iso to a flash drive, mounting on computer and copying to root

And I CANNOT get it working, for everything that I have tried it either:
1) Only copies some directories
2) Replaces letters in file contents and folder names with weird symbols, numbers and letters (eg gam)db or I even saw a file with a music note symbol (♫) and I'm like wtf)

If anyone knows what the hell is going wrong, I will love you forever if you can help

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Tomorrow I might try doing the same thing with the same HDD but a different computer, I doubt it will help though

I just re-read this, in addition I would not recommend using a flash drive or copying directly from a windblowz PC... I could certainly see neither of those working as (guessing) they're NTFS... I think your best bet would be to burn the DvD or CD's and install that way... I have had NO problems doing it that way... :thumbup1:

The nice thing is - when using a VM and 'mounting' the ISO, within the VM it "see's" it as a physical disc - so yes it works flawlessly that way... Same goes for my physical installations though, I take the ISO(s) burn them (using PowerISO specifically) insert the disc in the optical drive of the server and it has worked just as flawlessly ;)

So in short, I would say: "Don't mess with flash drives, or SSH, or HTTP, or FTP, or any other method for file transfer that could be 'dreamed up'. Just use the ISO for VMs and physically burn the ISO to physical media for physical machines." That's all I can technically 'support' since that's the only method I ever use...

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Then what about CHRONO WORLD???? its still buged????

I have not touched Chrono World since the last release either... I'd be glad it works at all, it has came a LOOOOOOOOoooooooNNNNNGGGG way!!! Before you couldn't even move around in the whole thing, before there were NO mobs at all in it... For what it is, I don't have any problems with it either... That being said, I am glad for what we/I have for Chrono World and it's not even on my 'to do list' (I wont be touching it any time soon [IF EVER])...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So when zipping the files with 7zip for the CPW, is it ok to just zip the whole folder with all the files, or do I have to zip each individual file with Chinese characters in the names?

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Well I would use a cd but I don't have a cd or dvd drive on the server atm although I can get an external one tomorrow but I am going to try get it working in the mean time :)

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

I got it working on the physical computer!!!!!

If anyone is interested how I did this:
Put ubuntu server on a crappy 6GB HD
Put the 6GB in another computer (not the server computer)
Extracted the server_root.iso to a external HD
Mounted the HD to the computer
Copied all to system root
Cloned the HD (booted from a flash drive with clonzilla on it)
Cloned the HD img from the 6GB to my server HD
Put my server HD in my server computer
And it works!

Now all I have to do is move a few maps to other computers...

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Oh and also, dumb question here :S

[dumbQuestion]What is the url for adminer (mysql admin)
I have changed it in config.php not to be localhost, but to be LAN but I still can't seem to get it[/dumbQuestion]

Sorry dumb question :S

Viva la Vida
Reaction score
Do they come installed with your release or should I install them myself?

Reaction score
PHPMYADMIN is there ( ), though I would HIGHLY recommend getting/installing/using is REALLY GREAT (grab premium trial [if you're going to wind up buying] or "Non-commercial (Free) - Lite version"!

I personally use -- it's REALLY wonderful!

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

...and actually I think I did include Navicat in PW_DEV ;)

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

yea I did :thumbup1:

Reaction score
:thumbup: Heres another dumb question, are the pck files limited to a certain size because I tried adding some new models and to my models.pck but when I go to run my client it gives me an error mentioning models.pck in the error.

I added files to surfaces.pck and gfx.pck and they seem to be ok but my models.pck now stops the client from loading. I do have a back up of the old one but would rather find out what went wrong with the new one.

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
I would try re doing the process as something may have corrupted during unpack or repack process. Could possibly even be elements trying to reference something not right in models.

Reaction score
Yeah I did try repacking already, my first and second attempt at packing with an older version of sPCK was producing errors, so I got a latest version of sPCK hoping it would work and it did, repacked without errors but the client wouldn't load, so I repacked it again and still the same thing, so now I am unpacking the files with the new sPCK and repacking them, hopefully this will solve it but I got a bad feeling it wont :O

Edit: Nope, it still doesn't work, I'm running out of ideas.

Last edited:
Back