Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well i have a ip gateway of 192.168.0.1

so i change resolv to 192.168.0.1 and i can connect to it...

by the way i can do everything on pwadmin and direct ip with the register account etc.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

awesome its working now... im glad that was a simple fix. also nicely done with all the files directing the way they do :)

so far just from tinkering around very well done :) and no problems with quests.

Reaction score
well i have a ip gateway of 192.168.0.1

so i change resolv to 192.168.0.1 and i can connect to it...

by the way i can do everything on pwadmin and direct ip with the register account etc.

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 AM ----------

awesome its working now... im glad that was a simple fix. also nicely done with all the files directing the way they do :)

so far just from tinkering around very well done :) and no problems with quests.

Yes many things that were previously not functional are now functional (like I said somewhere earlier I even have the 'daily' marriage quests available and they work). There are also even a few 'easter eggs' (one of which I have already revealed)... Have fun :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I couldn't fix the mountains of problems i got on my first try,
so i decided to start over and do it exactly the way you show in your video, but...
I am a tota noob to linux and this Vbox thing
How the heck di i mount my E: drive?
When i type in
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
it says that no such mount points exists,
what should i do differently?

Reaction score
I couldn't fix the mountains of problems i got on my first try,
so i decided to start over and do it exactly the way you show in your video, but...
I am a tota noob to linux and this Vbox thing
How the heck di i mount my E: drive?
When i type in
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
it says that no such mount points exists,
what should i do differently?

/cdrom must exist to mount there

Ubuntu's default is /media/cdrom

/dev/cdrom doesnt exist until some kind of media is 'inserted' you have the choice of buring the ISO to a DVD or mounting it directly with the magic of ISO mounting in Virtualbox

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
K, just to make sure i am doing it right, how do i mount the iso, and once i do, how di i access it through linux?

I did manage to get the setup to work, but i don't know how well
ater it finishes he types
cd /ect
then nano hosts
but when i type cd /ect it says the file directory doesn't exist
what do i do?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
K, just to make sure i am doing it right, how do i mount the iso, and once i do, how di i access it through linux?

I did manage to get the setup to work, but i don't know how well
ater it finishes he types
cd /ect
then nano hosts
but when i type cd /ect it says the file directory doesn't exist
what do i do?

Because you are an idiot, its etc not ect... (read carefully next time)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Because you are an idiot, its etc not ect... (read carefully next time)

hahaha that made my day..... :thumbup:

and i acually did have that problem as well (the drive not mounting not messing up etc:thumbup: with ect:thumbdown: . you must be using 10.10 version of Ubuntu.

i fixed that by creating /media/cdrom seemed to work. and on vmware player 10.10 doesnt function right so i use 10.04 everything detects and works the way it should.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

only problem im still getting with the vmware is the ports everything runs fine and dandy over network but it does not work live. all ports are open except 29000 and my router is open its all good to go just not that port

do i want to have this enabled (Replicate physical network connection state)
uner the bridged connection?

Reaction score
hahaha that made my day..... :thumbup:

and i acually did have that problem as well (the drive not mounting not messing up etc:thumbup: with ect:thumbdown: . you must be using 10.10 version of Ubuntu.

i fixed that by creating /media/cdrom seemed to work. and on vmware player 10.10 doesnt function right so i use 10.04 everything detects and works the way it should.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

only problem im still getting with the vmware is the ports everything runs fine and dandy over network but it does not work live. all ports are open except 29000 and my router is open its all good to go just not that port

do i want to have this enabled (Replicate physical network connection state)
uner the bridged connection?

Yes, you do ;)

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

...Oh and yes, as you can see in my vid; I never use anything except LTS versions -- So I myself use Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS (Lucid Lynx)...

This has NOT been tested (by me, anyway) on the 'newest' version

I can only recommend and condone usage on LTS ;)

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

i fixed that by creating /media/cdrom seemed to work.

Well, this IS also why, in my instructions it says
example:
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
cd /cdrom
cp -R * /
I cannot expect every different distro (or VERSION) of Linux to utilize the same exact structures. but yes, the 'example' command certainly will work if a person is using Ubuntu server 10.04.2 LTS.. Now if someone tries to set it up on something else, runs into a problem with this -- then they will have to know or learn how to mount something on their own (or even better with god -- I mean google.com)...

The only real pertinent part of this 'step' is copying everything over from the disc or the ISO once mounted, which ofc would be the cp -R * / command in my 'example'...

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

He posted somewhere how to do it... gdeliveryd\gamesys.conf

It sure is included with the release,,, it's in that nice (long) file you found ;) ;)

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

...I just thought of something; you would SO be able to spot someone using my release RIGHT AWAY if they don't tear through the whole thing. It'd be a PvE server (*vomits*), TW would not be enabled, and once an hour it will say "PUT ANNOUNCEMENT HERE" ROFLMFAO

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

On a positive note: here's my fixed EXEs for WID:133
(contains both the 'normal' elementclient.exe and my GMelementclient.exe)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where can we change the "Put Anouncement here"?
I'm running your server on ubuntu server 10.04 LTS 32bit version and works perfect :)

Reaction score
the "put announcement here" that is announced every hour is part of the Auto Announce script -- which is attached to pwAdmin. You can change many things about it; what it says, when/how often it says it. You can duplicate it so that there are different ones IE: you could have one that runs every hour to say "wecome to xxxxxx" you could make one that ran every new year saying "happy new year" etc etc etc...

files of interest:
pwAdmin/AA (remember pwAdmin is in /opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/2)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
kinda curious abt 1 thing whats the difference between Gmelementclient and elementclient u put? :O i dont find any difference

Reaction score
kinda curious abt 1 thing whats the difference between Gmelementclient and elementclient u put? :O i dont find any difference

use WinMerge ;)

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

...The differences are huge!

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

... ... ...ok, not that I don't know that anyone can do whatever they want to their own client (which is why in a server-client relationship the server should NEVER trust the client like Das has pointed out a multiplex of times)

BUT: I still keep these two game client executable's separate because one, really only should be used by a "GM", and the other one is your standard game client EXE that it aimed at the 'players'...

The GM client exe -- has no zoom limitation, has no map restrictions whatsoever, has been WID:133 fixed, and I don't recall 100% -- but may be multi client capable...

The 'normal' client exe -- has a zoom limitation (same as official PWi as of right now), has map restrictions (although the map areas in and near - Raging Tides, and Tellus City are now un-locked), has WID:133 fix, cannot multi-client without using external program...

Now again I re-iterate ; I know it's not like someone cannot modify their own. I just figure it's sure nicer to have one with no restrictions for devs and/or GMs. For a 'production environment' server I would never recommend handing something like this right on over (even though some players may make these mods themselves, or pass a modded one around) -- Give them the 'stock' one -- the way it "should" be... [you'd probably also be surprised how many people may not alter the client you offer for download]

Reaction score
after restarting the server I'm having this problem
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

not modified anything ... just installed noip

rebooted my pc and logged out after two hours with my friends to test the server and when I tried to get back
there appeared the error shown in the example

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

I'm thinking of reinstalling and using noip again and see what happens

I'm using your file directly to my pc / host of tests
I do not like use vbox or vm ..... I'll try again and see what I did wrong

Back