Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Reaction score
over a week now and this server is running great. havent run into any problems yet.

except for GM invincible disabling after another gm goes offline. might just have been a glitch but oh well. thats what GM gear is for

That's pretty good to hear :) Now the question is, over the past week+ have you found all the little 'easter eggs' and whatnot LOL :))

Reaction score
... I don't mean literal Easter eggs (like they're a custom item or anything)... In case you didn't 'pick up on that' I was referring to this:

I worked real hard to make this release really close to the 'official' game (with the exception of my custom Perfect Chapel), but there are things that even the official game do not have that I still managed to 'streamline' into this release sort of, in the form of an 'Easter egg'. Take for example b05, the 'house' map. As I revealed earlier on in this thread, there is a hidden region trans zone behind the guild NPC in east Archosaur. If you 'walk into the house' behind that guild NPC in east Archosaur you will be transported into the b05/'house' map (if you have it started of course, if not you will see 'unable to enter instance').

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
... I don't mean literal Easter eggs (like they're a custom item or anything)... In case you didn't 'pick up on that' I was referring to this:

I worked real hard to make this release really close to the 'official' game (with the exception of my custom Perfect Chapel), but there are things that even the official game do not have that I still managed to 'streamline' into this release sort of, in the form of an 'Easter egg'. Take for example b05, the 'house' map. As I revealed earlier on in this thread, there is a hidden region trans zone behind the guild NPC in east Archosaur. If you 'walk into the house' behind that guild NPC in east Archosaur you will be transported into the b05/'house' map (if you have it started of course, if not you will see 'unable to enter instance').

Once inside you will be greeted by 343's minions. :laugh:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well if I manually remove the decimal places as the problem goes away ..... I'm having many problems with these files I'll redownload and reinstall to see if it solves'm having strange problems that I never had:?:

once you're okay and put the result here because I'll check it step by step to find out if it is my mistake or corrupted download
I'll be back soon have new doubts or answers:cool:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There seems to be an area (main world) wherein you get disconnected and can no longer login back as reported by my testers. So far I have identified 2, will post the coords later.

Any ideas why?

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There seems to be an area (main world) wherein you get disconnected and can no longer login back as reported by my testers. So far I have identified 2, will post the coords later.

Any ideas why?

gs01 crash? :blink:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No not map crash, client crash.
Here are the 2 coords.

<1>

<2>

I'm using 343's files 100% server and client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi 343

I have problem in TT 3-3, not teleport.
Possible help?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
No not map crash, client crash.
Here are the 2 coords.

<1>

<2>

I'm using 343's files 100% server and client.

I have done a little testing on this myself, and from what I can tell so far; this is related to a resolution/graphics settings issue... When using my normal 'setup' (1920x1080 f/s full settings) I too can get it to crash. However, when using a 'virgin' client (lowest settings -- something like 800x600 f/s lowest settings) it does NOT crash...

Now I do know for a fact there are a few places in even the official game that always crash in this same manner for me (I still play PWi), so it may be possible that there is just nothing that can be done about this (except turning down the graphics some :( )...

On the other hand I would like to know if it's just my client having problems at those two locations. Could someone that is NOT using my client test these locations to see what you can reproduce... Just remember to use all sorts of different graphics settings since that's the only variable I can so far tell that causes it to crash (or not to)... Thanks...

Reaction score
Ok well I did just confirm it's not a resolution issue I left the settings down and pumped the rez up to 1920x1080 and no crash whatsoever (I'm still standing there as we speak)

Attachments

Reaction score
...funny thing is I recognize this spot (granted I'm normally flying); and this seems like this may be the area I usually crash on "real" PWi... I don't really know when I do because it's always happened somewhere between swiftwind and here while I am doing WQ, and I usually clean my house while doing WQ LOL (so I'm not normally watching LMAO)

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Ok, I think my testing on this matter is almost done; I was going to 'turn up' one graphic setting at a time until it crashed starting with merely the 'distance' setting, and my PC BSoD'd because of it =\

I can surely say this is a graphics issue, not even bound to resolution whatsoever. I honestly think these are the two places I still till this day crash in official too, so I really think there's nothing that can be done about it...

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Hi 343

I have problem in TT 3-3, not teleport.
Possible help?

I will try to look into this next now... If you're not teleporting (and you're supposed to) it's a simple fix because it's only a region [trans] ;)

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

...well before checking anything else I checked/WinMerged my region.clt and the region.clt from official PWi (current)... there are NO differences, so I would assume there is nothing broken here (or if there is -- it's something that is 'borken' in official PWi as well) ...

Reaction score
...and well back to the graphics issue; just because I really couldn't leave it alone LOL

I have everything turned up most of the way. What I did was turned the 'overall' all the way up, then backed the ones that were 'in the red' one back (so they weren't in the red any longer) and no crash. So there's our fix, you don't have to run absolute crappy settings, but to 'be safe' back the settings that have 'red' out of the 'red' and you will no longer crash in these spots (or any that may be like it) ;) =D

Attachments

Reaction score
More specifically it IS the 'distance' setting that is causing the crash on it's own... So just keep 'distance' one out of the 'red zone' and you'll be fine...

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used high and low resolution and did not find problems

high =
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums

low =

Reaction score
I used high and low resolution and did not find problems

high =

low =

Curious,,, are you rockin' an ATI or NVidia graphics card?

I personally use ATI (and my ATI isn't a joke either, I am rockin' an ATI HD 5870), and I do also know PWi and ATI have never really fully 'gotten along' ... I am willing to bet this may be a factor too ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
was there in the images with an ATI Radeon 5450 1G
in my notebook do not have a good video but also works perfectly
when I get home I put the configuration of video and some pictures

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

how to choose another port to use the registration page, for the door 80 is difficult to release on my router .... try to release the door 80 shows that the router is ok but a check Port shows that this port closed and the webpage Registration is online only on the network

bad English = google translator

Reaction score
you can change which port apache/lampp/xampp works on in /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf

it's on
line 40 "Listen 80"
just change the '80' to whatever port you want it to operate on

Back