Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

【NOTE】Other PWE Sections

Reaction score
Hi there!
I wanted to make a thread on this because some of the other PWE sections are starting to fall. I understand allot of PWE games are dying down in general. Though I wanted to make the attempt to try to bring all the PWE games community together to try to work towards a mutual aspect of development.
Allot of our PWE game sections have hardly any activity, And I want to raise awareness, and try to push forward with this project to try to work on all PWE games together.
The following PWE games(Click name to visit section):
Jade Dynasty
Forsaken World
Ether Saga Online
Swordsman Online
--
These games have both similar game clients, and server side. And I would like to see at least a community of developers aimed towards this project instead of watching it die with their official counterparts!

-Henmoro

Last edited:
I are an engineer
Reaction score
Ya know, I was just thinking this a few days before your post. Also, I decided to start
developing some tools that would work on all PWE games. But then, I thought, which
section would such tools go as the are general tools that'll work for all games. Would
there be a chance of creating a new section specifically for "universal" PWE tools?

As an example, I threw together a tool that identifies the game and number of controllers
of the aipolicy.data file. It probably needs a bit more work but it does work for the most
part. It identifies whether it is ESO, FW, JD, PW or SOMA.

File: View attachment BSW.AIPolicyID.zip
6604 bytes compressed
33792 bytes uncompressed

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
lol, that tools awesome, And that is a good suggestion, I could possibly see if something like that could be added, like a general thread in each pwe section, that connects together as one. anything mutually related to any pwe game/non listed pwe games can be listed.
I also added that source code with iweb in the JD section, maybe that could be of some use too you in creating tools also. I actually had you in mind when releasing it, because I know you tend to make tools and things. And figured you could prob use that source as a reference or such.

Last edited:
I are an engineer
Reaction score
When I get the time, I'll take a look at the iweb source in the JD section. I've been away for 2 years but I'm
back and have serious programming fever! LoL!

I hope a section like that can be made. I'd be able to keep the community updated on my progress so they'll
know that tools are in active development and is only a matter of time that tools exist for all server types.

Currently, I am working on a universal AIPolicy Editor that will support the above mentioned five servers.
My plans is for a tool that would open the aipolicy.data file and the software will detect what server it
belongs to. Less headache having one tool that handles all rather than one tool for each. My approach
for this tool is using a, currently unknown, number of DLLs that would be the core of the tool. This
approach will allow simpler updates as one (or more) of the core files would be updated rather than the
whole program. Of course, I'd be using my own server/website for the updates as it has been around for
more than 2 yrs and will continue for another decade or more. Fortunately, it has 99.99% uptime (and,
for a VPS with 2GB RAM, paying only $8 per month isn't bad at all!) so, if it's not up, try again in 10 minutes.

Anyway, here is a quick example of my, current, programming style (for those that are curious):

Code:
[COLOR="#0033ff"]using[/COLOR] System;
[COLOR="#0033ff"]using[/COLOR] System.Text;

[COLOR="#0033ff"]namespace[/COLOR] BSW.AIPolicy.Engine
{
    [COLOR="#0033ff"]public class[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00cc99"]ActionSet[/COLOR]
    {
        [COLOR="#0033ff"]public int[/COLOR] Version { [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]; }
        [COLOR="#0033ff"]public int[/COLOR] Id { [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]; }
        [COLOR="#0033ff"]public byte[/COLOR][] Flags { [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]; }
        [COLOR="#0033ff"]public byte[/COLOR][] ActionSetName { [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]; }
        [COLOR="#0033ff"]public[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00cc99"]Condition[/COLOR] Conditions { [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]; }
        [COLOR="#0033ff"]public int[/COLOR] ProceduresCount { [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]; }
        [COLOR="#0033ff"]public[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00cc99"]Procedure[/COLOR][] Procedures { [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]; [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]; }

[COLOR="#0033ff"]public string[/COLOR] Name
        {
            [COLOR="#0033ff"]get[/COLOR]
            {
                [COLOR="#0033ff"]return[/COLOR] [COLOR="#00cc99"]Encoding[/COLOR].GetEncoding([COLOR="#ff9900"]"GB18030"[/COLOR]).GetString(ActionSetName);
            }
            [COLOR="#0033ff"]set[/COLOR]
            {
                [COLOR="#00cc99"]Array[/COLOR].Copy([COLOR="#00cc99"]Encoding[/COLOR].GetEncoding([COLOR="#ff9900"]"GB18030"[/COLOR]).GetBytes([COLOR="#0033ff"]value[/COLOR]), [COLOR="#0033ff"]new byte[/COLOR][[COLOR="#cc6699"]128[/COLOR]],
                    ([COLOR="#0033ff"]new byte[/COLOR][[COLOR="#cc6699"]128[/COLOR]]).Length > [COLOR="#00cc99"]Encoding[/COLOR].GetEncoding([COLOR="#ff9900"]"GB18030"[/COLOR]).GetBytes([COLOR="#0033ff"]value[/COLOR]).Length
                        ? [COLOR="#00cc99"]Encoding[/COLOR].GetEncoding([COLOR="#ff9900"]"GB18030"[/COLOR]).GetBytes([COLOR="#0033ff"]value[/COLOR]).Length
                        : ([COLOR="#0033ff"]new byte[/COLOR][[COLOR="#cc6699"]128[/COLOR]]).Length);

ActionSetName = ([COLOR="#0033ff"]new byte[/COLOR][[COLOR="#cc6699"]128[/COLOR]]);
            }
        }
    }
}

That's the beauty of C#; you can do a lot with just a little bit of code. Or, maybe... it's just... if I can get
a lot done with little work, I'm going to take that approach? I prefer compact and tight code (maybe
that trait is from my (ancient) past experience of writing programs in x86 16 and 32 bit assembly).

~Bey

Reaction score
I mentioned the idea to MentaL though the outcome of the idea is still unknown. I like the idea of having 1 tool for each pwe game, it makes editing mutlible games easier, and saves a bit more space on a PC. There are still allot of tools to be made in JD and ESO, and I hope your project here will really help. It'll be very benefitical to these games, and sections.
And nice code, I haven't done any c# in ages,lol.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if this is still working, but I started working on the universal tools released by Fyyre, as a forum rule I can't keep duplicating threads, so I made the thread in the PW section which seems to be the biggest, but since there isn't a section universal for Angelica content, some admin or person with authority could replicate in the other sections.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f452/3ds-max-angelica-model-creation-1210012/

https://forum.ragezone.com/f452/angelica-user-interfaces-editor-1209504/

Back