[READ] ADDITIONAL RULE REGARDING 'MoleBox' (09/06/2010)

InactiveRank
    Sep 2003 Join Date
    入国管理局Location
    7,041Posts

shout [READ] ADDITIONAL RULE REGARDING 'MoleBox' (09/06/2010)

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hi,

It has come to my attention about the situation regarding MoleBox and other programs with similar functions. To keep it short, a new rule has been implemented into this section as to which all topics regarding MoleBox or other packers is no longer allowed. This rule is in effect immediately (9/06/2010). If you wish to discuss this rule then please PM me or contact me via Windows Live Messenger.

Regards,

Dandune
    Last edited by 343; 16-12-11 at 07:17 PM.

InactiveRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    Start > Run > shutdown -s -t 1 > Press EnterLocation
    318Posts

Re: [Read] Additional rule regarding 'MoleBox' (09/06/2010)

I don't get it :(

InactiveRank
    May 2010 Join Date
    Denver, CO, USALocation
    80Posts

What is a molebox?

InactiveRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    318Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valhaiko View Post
    What is a molebox?
    A program that pack your files into one EXE file. I don't get it, why restrict the discussion?

LegendRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    ::1 (Canada BC)Location
    2,675Posts

You can pack anything with a packer. It's common for people to pack legitimate WORKING files, with a virus.

offtopic: Whats the best current PW server by the way? I only need one reply, don't let this turn into a fight about the best server

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,387Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawsonByrd View Post
    You can pack anything with a packer. It's common for people to pack legitimate WORKING files, with a virus.

offtopic: Whats the best current PW server by the way? I only need one reply, don't let this turn into a fight about the best server
    Yes I will not add to any fights over which one is " best ". I started with a release from Beastie for VMware. That is my base of operations as he also has basically the same release for a dedicated Linux machine:

VMware -- http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/perfe...eastie-547832/

Linux native -- http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/pw-13...-mysql-556520/

There are more recent releases by Visad and hrace etc... but I have not personally worked with those releases.

LegendRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    ::1 (Canada BC)Location
    2,675Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 343 View Post
    Yes I will not add to any fights over which one is " best ". I started with a release from Beastie for VMware. That is my base of operations as he also has basically the same release for a dedicated Linux machine:

VMware -- http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/perfe...eastie-547832/

Linux native -- http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/pw-13...-mysql-556520/

There are more recent releases by Visad and hrace etc... but I have not personally worked with those releases.
    Thanks mate, just wanted to peek into the server files see how PW works. Just a snoopy into the world of pservers :p I usually stick to GunZ/Bnet but PW looked interesting

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,387Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawsonByrd View Post
    Thanks mate, just wanted to peek into the server files see how PW works. Just a snoopy into the world of pservers :p I usually stick to GunZ/Bnet but PW looked interesting
    Honestly I am fairly new to MMO's >.< PW was the first one I actually played on the 'official' servers; which is what led me to want to dev. / mod. a PW server of my own :)

I live PW now ;)

I think you will find much fun in 'messing around' with your own P server. Or maybe even playing the game on any server :? ;) =D
    Last edited by 343; 09-06-10 at 09:26 PM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    Recife, BrazilLocation
    312Posts

Owesome! xD

InactiveRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    318Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 343 View Post
    Honestly I am fairly new to MMO's >.< PW was the first one I actually played on the 'official' servers; which is what led me to want to dev. / mod. a PW server of my own :)

I live PW now ;)

I think you will find much fun in 'messing around' with your own P server. Or maybe even playing the game on any server :? ;) =D
    PW was my first game when i started gaming lol :P Playing pw since December 2007.

InactiveRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    USALocation
    166Posts

Thank you Old Dandune!
    And yes, DawsonByrd, perfect world is more addicting than any game i've played yet, I played on one of the official servers for a couple of years and then went to a private server for another 2 years or so before now developing a private server. It's not anything like Gunz or Bnet though... as far as I know.
    Regarding server files- any files you pick up for perfect world you will probably have to tinker with to get them to meet your own standards. The only big difference i've seen between server files are whether they are based off of PWI, or another official server...because PWI has almost a different language to it. Of course English but, it's a different set of terms. Most of the other differences are not really noticed while playing the game itself...
    Last edited by S3r3n1ty; 10-06-10 at 01:06 PM.

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,387Posts

Today, I just had to delete a thread that was discussing this taboo subject. I understand some of you may be in favor of this rule, and some may oppose it -- that is your right, to have your own opinion. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's a rule here NOT to discuss it. Keep in mind that also doesn't mean it's a rule not to discuss it anywhere within this entire forum, just this section. So, with that in mind, all I ask is that you RESPECT THIS RULE and keep it to PMs and/or other sections !!!

For any future violations of this rule (if someone even mentions M/B - or any similar software {per this rule}) I will be handing out much more strict violations/infractions instead of merely deleting any content in violation. You have been warned ---Final Warning---

¤ My Public Releases ¤

Advertisement