Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] PWServer 1.3.6 MYSQL version (LINUX)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok guys, here's my file release complete with all tools you will need for setting up PWServer version 1.3.6.

Requirements :

1. Clients and Patches

2. Perfect World 1.3.6 (mirror link)

Download it to your Windows XP/Vista and extract it. Re-upload the files to your Linux Machine.

3. (latest version) . Download it to your linux machine

3. A ready stock OS : In this case i'm using my all-time favourite OS which is Slackware 12 with full install and stopped the Apache and MYSQL which comes ready with it.

Basically you need to use any OS (Linux) Ubuntu,Red Hat, SuSe, Mandrake or whatever you want to use as long as you know your choice of OS structures and folder plus workaround. You will need to stop using Apache and MySQL that comes with your OS. We'll be using LAMPP in this case which will be installed on folder /opt .

4. MYSQL SQL Dumps from the sticky page (recommended to use Search button for it)

5. JAVA 1.6 version installed

6. Some Linux/Unix knowledge on command line prefix and editors (won't be cover here on how to use it)

DISCLAIMER :

This release in intended for fellow friends who has already installed sucessfully their PW Servers respectively using coLinux. Any guides or experience setting it up using totoman7 guide's or boroda's guide is much needed here. So if you are a newbie, you will get stucked and hit wall really hard since my release do requires some brains to figure out the location of files to be placed and also some editing of files. Feel free to try,no harm but don't come here whining about where to put the stuff and what to edit.

INSTALLATION:

1. Download all those files to your linux machine and unrar it. Here you will find all the required files to run the PW Server.

2. Place the table.xml and hosts to /etc . You will need to edit those IP's and PASSWORD . Currently i'm using class C IP (192.168.0.50), and don't forget to edit table.xml PASSWORD to your MYSQL root password.

3. Place the PWServer to /home/your_username_here etc : /home/matrix/ . You will need to place start_server.sh and stop_server.sh too inside this folder and edit PW_PATH in your start_server.sh .

Originally it would look like this :

#!/bin/sh

PW_PATH=/home/matrix/PWServer

Change the line PW_PATH=/home/your_username_here/PWServer etc: /home/johndoe/PWServer

4. Double check and update/change the IP Address on each of the folder insde PWServer. File name to look for is gamesys.conf . This step is optional IF you use the same IP Address as me (192.168.0.50), but if you choose to change, you will need to change the IP Address line inside those files. Other files that you need to pay attention is the authd.conf inside the authd folder. You will need to update/change the IP Address if you're using a diffrent IP Address (default is 192.168.0.50)

5. Install LAMPP using the supplied file : xampp-linux-1.6.8a.tar.gz to folder /opt. You will need to use files from folder Regscript (which is basically a registeration script in PHP) and placed it there. Of course you will need to edit the files such as root password for mysql.

6. You will need to verify your JAVA installation that comes bundled with your OS. If java is present, then verify the installation folder. using java -version

root@matrix:/usr/lib/java/bin# ./java -version
java version "1.6.0_01"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_01-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode, sharing)
root@matrix:/usr/lib/java/bin#

Now you guys need to pay attention here since it's kinda trivial. First step is verify your java installation folder using "whereis java" command. And after that you will need to edit $HOME/PWServer/authd/authd and update/change the ABSOLUTE path to your java . Don't miss this step or you will hit wall and error will occured when you start the server.

7. As for adding cubi or editing/installing iweb is not yet covered here. Feel free to use the Search button for this. I believe Marhazk has released a new stuff on his "iweb" and some other posts that discussed about adding cubi (MySQL version) using Navicat/PhpMyAdmin.

That's all i can think of right now, it might not complete 100% and that's where you guys come in and fill in the blanks. PLEASE post here if you feel something need to be changed/updated or maybe some hints. I'll try my best to fulfill all request. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Fly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.3.6 or still same 1.2.9/1.3.1 with items from 1.3.6+?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's 1.3.6 server pack using client version of 1.3.1

Fly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, there is a difference in elements.data & tasks.data in 1.3.1 and 1.3.6
Oldest server can't read newest files and other wise. Because of this i asked - if this old server that was shared here for half a year (it's says that it 1.3.6, but it's not) or is this new one?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As i stated above on the first post, the server version is 1.3.6 and the you will need a client version of 1.3.1 to get connected with it. By the way, have u tried to download those files and run it? Thanks for your co-operation on testing it out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Free Bump~!

Lots of viewing and downloading using this release but no responses ? Wow this is great!

is making carefully.
Reaction score
Its good to see I helped a bit. I still never had enough time to upload the working files and add more. I plan on buying a new router this week so my wireless won't cut off while uploading.

So let me know if you need anything =D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i need a working 1.3.1 server file XD hehe I still got 1.2.6 server file and change the version to 1.3.1 with working 1.3.8 items

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have got a problem with your release.

mychatz - [RELEASE] PWServer 1.3.6 MYSQL version (LINUX) - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm on dedicated server with Debian.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello my friends developers.

i am noob in Set Up PW Pserver.
I would like to know some questions to get the maximum of success with my PW Pserver:

1. PW Server Files are Emulator or Copy Official Server Files?
2. It has much Bugs?
3. Which the Server Files with little number of Bugs?
4. Quests and War Systems are working?
5. What the best DataBase: MySql or Microsoft Sql Sever ?
6. Thanks for your helps my friends, God Bless all You!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx, i use linux this perfect this pack, thx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have got a problem with your release.

mychatz - [RELEASE] PWServer 1.3.6 MYSQL version (LINUX) - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm on dedicated server with Debian.

You will need to change your IP and plus do not forget to copy authd.conf to your /etc folder. Make sure you edit the IP inside that files . What ever IP that you use, it must be updated to that authd.conf and also to each folder inside PWServer etc : gacd , gdelivery, gconfd, glinkd and so on . The files that you need to edit is gamesys.conf . Hopefully there's no problem with that. And by the way, edit also authd inside PWServer/auth/ . You will need to put ABSOLUTE path or the right path to your java and the files that need to load those library inside authd folder. Hope this helps ..

brgds

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's work, thank you =)

But, when I wanna create a character : I received a error in my terminal :

"Ddelivery::createrole: lose connection to uniquenamed, userid=32"...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, does this server support house?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's work after serveral modifications.
But I can't join in the world and there is not error.

Server's architecture is special and my server is low (1Ghz Processor, 512 Mo RAM)
I'll try with a real dedicated server.

Thank for you helping hand. ;) Your release works x)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's work, thank you =)

But, when I wanna create a character : I received a error in my terminal :

"Ddelivery::createrole: lose connection to uniquenamed, userid=32"...

I think you should do some modification of IP inside gamesys.conf of uniquename folder too. But i guess it's too obvious for you to catch that one :D . Just for the heads up though , i'm writing in to make it clear for you. Best of luck anyway..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's work after serveral modifications.
But I can't join in the world and there is not error.

Server's architecture is special and my server is low (1Ghz Processor, 512 Mo RAM)
I'll try with a real dedicated server.

Thank for you helping hand. ;) Your release works x)

It's ok i think for that kind of specifications. Just make your swap area around 10Gb to 15Gb and make sure don't run X Windows (KDE,Gnome, XFCE, Enlightment or whatsoever) . Do it remotely from other PC using putty . It should sustain your physical RAM and when the server started, it would assume that the physical RAM is depleted and start to occupy swap area . That should do the trick. But IMHO, from my experience, Slackware and FreeBSD runs very smooth and they are easy to configure (but i guess these OS'es is not for beginner). The choice is up to the end user itself to choose the OS ;) .

Thank you for the complement . I hope my repacked released does benefit someone here. I'm looking for a PWServer to join/assist to kill my time. If you guys ever need a developer to hire, i'll be gladly offer my services and expertise regarding PWServer. I'm also actively participate in installation of firewalls and confguration of it. Some of the products that has been tested personally (firewall) IPCop, brazilfw, m0n0wall, Untangle etc.. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further info's about this.

brgds

Back