• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

sPCK Limitations?

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Tried using sPCK to unpack the data.pck files from the PWI installer and it keeps crashing, is the a file size limit for it, or is there some kind of encryption on those pck files? Thnx

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The data.pck files in the PWI Installer are to install the Client's Game Only.. There is nothing special in them. If you want to use sPCK use it on any files with .pck at the end like, models.pck or surfaces.pck. Not the DATA.PCK files in the Installer. ;)

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
There is a purpose in opening them, for me. I am trying to open them to replace the client files in it with the client files for my server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Easier to just Install it and then put your Files in

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
So that is what you have the players of your server do? Really?, I'm looking for an easier, more professional way to distribute the client for my server other than zipped pieces of the client.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
CreateInstall Free - the easier way to make a setup of your client for your players

Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) - scriptable as you wish, more flexible but a litte more harder to make a setup from it

And more more setup maker are existing on the web...

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
I have tried several with no luck, they spend 20-30 mins creating then fail for some reason. Not sure if it has something to do with the language of the files or what.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Which setup maker did you used? :blink:

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
That I can remember, Inno, Smart Install, ClickTeam I believe, IndigoRose. Know there are a few other just can't remember.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think that the installer PWI can use a different key for the data.pck
And if you want to do a custom installer for your server I suggest the Inno Setup Compiler.

Back