Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tasks Quest Group Concern

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive been re-writing some of sTasks editor with Eistiger mainly filling in the unknowns etc I was wondering what the link was for the following:

- Created a boss
- Copied a quest that requires you to kill mobs and if your in a group it still counts the quest kill.

But when I kill the boss for this quest it doesnt count when im in a group but it does when im soloing now.... is there another link other than in tasks? Ive checked elements and I cant see nothing that would point me in the correct direction for this.

Oh additionally the bosses are inside instances.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Update:

Tried it in main world still nothing.

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok after pissing on with this for 6 hours now I have figured out the link is in elements.data but I am not sure which section of the monster section controls this, possibly drop rate? but I have checked all the ID's and the % and theyre all linking to only drop rate and items so x.x

any ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Ok Figured it out,

To have a quest that requires you to kill monsters that monster must have exp, sp, gold and a drop list to allow the group to recieve the quest, if u disable any of these (like i did) you will end up with a % chance the quest will continue with a group and 100% solo working so some useful info you all :)

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Take it from someone who spent $6000 on PW-MY on just oracles being in a party doesnt work even with them not attacking the mob lol.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Take it from someone who spent $6000 on PW-MY on just oracles being in a party doesnt work even with them not attacking the mob lol.

They must've changed that for PWI then since I remember doing them on my noob char at level 35 (the supply stash ones) about a year ago and I was in squad with a cleric healing me...

Reaction score
...yup, like I said; as long as the char. that activated the oracle quest does more than 50% damage they will get credit //at least in PWi that is...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure the cleric wasn't healing you outta party? Cuz I remember doing oracles as well, and what we mostly did was ppl would help out of party (damage or heal) then when it got to about 50% they'd stop (for damage) But they were never "in" party

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sure the cleric wasn't healing you outta party? Cuz I remember doing oracles as well, and what we mostly did was ppl would help out of party (damage or heal) then when it got to about 50% they'd stop (for damage) But they were never "in" party

Me and a few friends, we were all level 35 (like a year ago... supply stashes were litterally just added) all in squad together. A friend played a cleric and would heal us while only we hit it, and for hers I remember healing her with my wizard. And yes very much so we were in squad... (as I also remember finding out the hardway that you had to 'solo' them, we kept trying over and over and not getting kill credit to one of us decided to try and solo while she healed)

Back