Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

An new Concept(Idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi ragezoners,

i have an idea.

What about removing all skills and at only the ones that are beeing used?

Atm i have almost every class re-worked except for ForceMaster.

Example
Slayer
Skills are all based of increased damage output. Since its an Damage Class.

Templar
Most skills are about to increase HP and Defence so that it would function as an Tank build.

Arcanist
Skills are all based of Elemental damage for example FireBird does 193% increase weapon damage as Fire.
Meteo Strike does 100% increase weapon damage as Fire and does 10% increase weapon damage as fire as DOT.
Also planning to make some new skills that will have Arcane power (But i need to think this trough)

Mentalist
All skills will do serious mental damage (skill options are still in development cause i am an bit out of idea's for this class xD)

Florist
Just like before granted all Buff skills

ForeceMaster
This would be an Hybrid build some selff buffs but not as many as the Florist
Change Asal to do 60% damage according to the Target HP. Cooldown is 20Seconds(So this will remove the one shot ability)

The reason i want it like this is to make partying an bit more interesting.
So for those long fights agains Bosses you will need an good team that consist out of an Damage Dealer
Tank
Buff master

So far the skills.

--------------------------------------------

Next thing will be re-designing the sets.

Still thinking about nice things here.

--------------------------------------------
Altered drop list
i have removed everything inside PropDropEvent.inc and started to build it from scratch again.
I included all Guardian/Historic/Angel/Legend etc to it.
The reason i did will be explained below.

Slayer level 20 will be fighting agains an NPC at level 20
It drops the guardian sword
Now this sword will become available at level 20 but with reduced Min~Max attack.
Also all base stats are beeing removed from spec_item
cause of an new way i developed to set new Base stats.

So back to the story.
now my slayer have an guardian sword level 20 min~max attack is changed to -200 (Still need thinking of this) Base stat will be STR + Random number between 5 ~ 15. With an change to get an Ancient guardian sword with base stat of 15 ~ 25..

But if you are an Arcanist and you will get an Guardian sword the base stat is not STR but INT.

So far for this idea.
----------------------------------------

I hope i make an bit sence since i am almost 24H up.

Tell me what you think of it so i can see what you as an player/developer like or dislike.

With kind regards.

loky.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds mostly good, but what about Crackshooter and Harlequin?

Also, if you nerf asal that hard, Force Master is going to need a large re-work. Asal is really their only damage. Slayers deal exponentially more damage than a 1v1 Force Master even if going full damage. You should make Mentalists tanky and Arcanists damage, seeing as Arcanists can hit & run AoE and their elements give them a good way to do a lot of damage without being too overpowered.

I recommend reworking the stat bonus system to use percentage instead of flat additional stats. This will make builds more important and reduce potential for super-tanky, super-damage players.

I'd also remove the randomness element in the stats for weapons. There's enough randomness in the equipment in this game; it's a bad thing in general.

Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and tips.

About crackshooter and harlequin i forgot about them oops xD.

The problem is flyff has to much classes.

I will think about them tonight when i had some sleep. and will scatch how they will be used.

About Mentalist and Arcanist i will do some tests to see what i can do with those classes when it comes to damage en defence(Tank)
Mentalist does more damage then an Arcanist with the same gear and stats. So to let mentalist lean an bit more to the tanky build i should further test the damage output and reduce it accordingly.

The goal what i have in mind is more variants of builds with the same character. This will take an lot of thoughts and adjustments but i am pretty sure that it will benefith the flyff scene. All though many players like high output and high hp etc.

As for ForceMaster what i can do is increase its damage so it can mach up with Slayer but the class will lean more towards skill usages instead of raw damage output. (StoneHand, Powerfist etc) Need thoughts about this.

About the stat bonus system its an great idea to test it out to see what it will do.

about the randomness i dont feel like flyff is all about random.
Sure the drop is random same as the awakening but there it ends.
The rest of the flyff system is pretty predictible.

if i take an look at Diablo it has more randomness in its core then flyff. Sure its an totaly different game. but the basic is the same.
Its all about getting your best gear and be the top player.

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This does sound more or less like diablo-ish setup with the skills and weapons.. I like it very much.
If you need any help hit a hey.. Gives me something to do too.

Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update:

I left the classes for what it is at this time. I am focusing now on the Resource part thus removing unneccesary things and items.

Spec_Item is at this time only 483KB big
Character.inc 30KB will increase slightly cause i only added Flaris Clickable npc's.

Every class will have up to 24 Armor pieces. So 1st job Armor pieces have been removed.
Every class will have up to 26 Weapons. 15 Normal 5 Legendary's and 6 Set Pieces.

Stay tuned for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back