Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Copyright discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You're still missing the point. Ragezone doesn't support hacking, but it does allow stuff that was gotten through hacking.

All me and mootie are saying, is that they don't like hacking, but files achieved through hacking are okay.

D: I guess only Dutch people will get it.
You can't have a weed farm. But you can buy weed in a shop.
People will smoke weed everywhere with or without shop having a shop for it will block illegal drug dealers and people adding bad components in weed.

Same as hacking people will obtain stuff trough hacking even without the support for it. Support files obtained trough hacking makes it easier for people here too understand or use.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's exactly the point. mootie was saying that it doesn't make much sense for them to be against hacking, but still allow files obtained from hacking.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Does not matter though, I'm pretty sure Ragezone originated from emulators which are not any form of illegal "hacking".
However, it's really contradictory saying hacking isn't supported when the vast majority of files that are of any use has been attained from just that.

You want an example? MMORPG Extra - MMORPG Zone - RaGEZONE forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If your work is based on stolen work. Dont whine if it gets stolen...

*whining*
I stole a car, then I airbrushed it... Now it got stolen and the world is sooooo cruel...

Reaction score
Re: Reviving this section.

Then you shouldn´t be surprised when nobody wants to contribute to this section.

Greetz

I understand your point, You used to release stuff for the Flyff Scene then noobs came here, downloaded edited poop and removed credits.
Quick resume: You won't release anything to the Flyff Scene anymore because of the leechers.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Providing shared files (no matter how they are obtained) for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY is completely legal...it's when you make a profit off of someone elses creative work that it becomes illegal.

How do you think Dan can stand up to all these big companies? It's all for education...no profits being made.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, Monolith, that's one of the many myths about copyright law . How many people get away with it is if the company who owns the IP rights just doesn't care. I mean technically, people who recolour sonic sprites are actually completely suable under copyright law, but what would Sega really gain?

Additionally, I couldn't stop watching that HL: Source gif while trying to write this post. Forgot about that scene, it's pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back