Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CSers/Donors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Wow...How did everything in flyff development changed so fast?

When did this become a thread? Also please fix the Ducking title. "CSer's" does not have an apostrophe...

Well that's my opinion, I remember when I still played in private servers, it was freaking hard to find a good ringmaster. Most of them equiped it to be a "BP". That's just...no words..

You can have an opinion, but I also have an opinion that your opinion is poop as well as bias and unexperienced. Try making a pserver without a buff pang or similar. I'd be surprised if it gets 25+ players on at any point in time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

When did this become a thread? Also please fix the Ducking title. "CSer's" does not have an apostrophe...

http://forum.ragezone.com/6671315-post14.html

Its' the work of dell because honestly the topic was getting out of control as opposed to the original thread so he decided to split the thread off into this one.

Reaction score

Game's a f2p mmo so the more you pay the better you play. Even PServers do it. How you think they stay in business so long?

Plenty of successful pservers (i dont know about FlyFF persay) but tons of them don't make you better the more you pay. You can get neat stuff for sale, but none of it is any better stats or convenience wise... The top L2 servers only sell decorative items... So no, not always.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If a private server is unfair it's usually due to the fact that you can donate for untradeable items. I've seen private servers sell CS set blessings and such which is 100% unfair and unbalanced. In fact, eFlyff seems to do the same too (extremely OP and retarded FWC CS sets, Untradeable Cloak of Bravery, etc).

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If a private server is unfair it's usually due to the fact that you can donate for untradeable items. I've seen private servers sell CS set blessings and such which is 100% unfair and unbalanced. In fact, eFlyff seems to do the same too (extremely OP and retarded FWC CS sets, Untradeable Cloak of Bravery, etc).

Well yeah they want money right?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can make money without corruption.

True but the easiest way to make money is through corruption.

Maybe they take examples from the real world? Who knows.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
True but the easiest way to make money is through corruption.

Maybe they take examples from the real world? Who knows.

But if caught, then that just fucks up your reputation as a company.

Actually a good example of a company who cares is Riot Games, they gave out CS points because they had a downtime period, as well as apologizing plenty of times on the forums. Their only Cash Shopable items are small boosts to your experience and their game currency, else it's visual. Being higher level gives no advantage ingame, because you will always be matched with players around the same level as yours.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But if caught, then that just fucks up your reputation as a company.

Actually a good example of a company who cares is Riot Games, they gave out CS points because they had a downtime period, as well as apologizing plenty of times on the forums. Their only Cash Shopable items are small boosts to your experience and their game currency, else it's visual. Being higher level gives no advantage ingame, because you will always be matched with players around the same level as yours.

Which is why it's a gamble right? If you get caught early you make no money whereas if your caught later then you've at least made something.

Lot's of companies care too. I'd like to believe that Gala/Gpotato care too but are just listening to the wrong base.

I'm back ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score

There is no such thing as a "fair" F2P video game. You will never find one in your entire life that favors players as much as CS'ers.

League of Legends.
Do I get a cookie? .o.

*Looks at 2post above*
Wow...you beat me.

However, this is the ONLY game as of right now that does not follow the "F2P" curse.

Another game which really disappointed me was Rakion. From the start, it was a simple F2P arena battle game with a very weak cash shop. You could buy premium weapons, cells (summons), and other equipment that would make your character stronger.

This lead to their shop becoming immensely over-powered where anybody who spends 5 dollars would become dominant over other players of the same level. Needless to say, I quit because I wouldn't want to be sucked into that kind of game.

Skill =/= Money

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score

League of Legends.
Do I get a cookie? .o.

*Looks at 2post above*
Wow...you beat me.

However, this is the ONLY game as of right now that does not follow the "F2P" curse.

Another game which really disappointed me was Rakion. From the start, it was a simple F2P arena battle game with a very weak cash shop. You could buy premium weapons, cells (summons), and other equipment that would make your character stronger.

This lead to their shop becoming immensely over-powered where anybody who spends 5 dollars would become dominant over other players of the same level. Needless to say, I quit because I wouldn't want to be sucked into that kind of game.

Skill =/= Money

TF2? HoN? Bloodline Champions? There is quite a few, even Dota2 is going to follow that F2P style.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score

League of Legends.
Do I get a cookie? .o.

*Looks at 2post above*
Wow...you beat me.

Skill =/= Money

Seems quite clear that users can gain a quick advantage over others by using the cash shop. Although it's not an endgame advantage, it's still an advantage. Even WoW is heading towards the F2P cash shop business model.

The reason is that F2P simply is better for a company's profit than P2P overall. The F2P business model is also more flexible than a P2P business model. If profits start to sink, a lazy company can simply add cash shop items to bring profits back up. It's also much easier to populate a F2P game than a P2P one(for obvious reasons).

In my opinion, F2P is very unfair for players and I believe that all high-end games should be P2P. Hopefully players will begin to realize how unfair F2P games are and P2P games will pick up again. Easier payment methods such as gaming cards may also help the P2P business model.

Anyways, I never meant to make this thread so please delete it. Some moderator separated my post in another thread into a new thread.

I'm back ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score

Seems quite clear that users can gain a quick advantage over others by using the cash shop. Although it's not an endgame advantage, it's still an advantage. Even WoW is heading towards the F2P cash shop business model.
^ Quick note. That thread is 3 years old. A lot has changed.

I'll be done after this so it can finally die :p

But, I do agree with you on that aspect. Players CAN choose to buy boosts to increase their experience gain as well as IP (Influence Points [In-Game Currency]); however, there's a huge trade off: By leveling faster than others, your speedier way to the level cap (By the way, it's only 30) can hurt you.

With the skill level of maybe 1X or 2X, you're being put with other level 30's who have more experience with the game. I was one of those people who did that.

The only advantage people can buy is a 200% gain in IP, XP is a complete waste of time since getting to 30 takes no more than a month. That's taking you spend at least an hour or two on the game. As for IP gain, players can unlock more runes faster (even so, runes are extremely expensive and even with an IP boost, by the time it expires, you would only be able to buy so few runes). The fun from LoL comes from the actual gameplay and somewhat "strategy" rather than who can hit level 30 first.

Again, I'm not disagreeing. About every single F2P game does follow the stupid trend of "buy power, get better." It annoys me how they do that, while other players who want to enjoy a game (for free) cannot have as much fun.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Basically, the whole point of f2p is to get people to pay.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not going to delete a discussion thread, that would be a form for censur - if you want it closed then you have an option to close your own threads.

Also when a F2P game announces that buying power is not possible and the only advantage you can get is through cosmetic, then I'd be more than happy to pay a little to 'support' the game.

EDIT: Okay sorry, you can't close the thread. But if you want it closed just report the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back