Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Emulating / Recreating Flyff in Unity3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sure, but giving useless opinions is just a bad idea.

And making many posts about "projects" that never get finished just to receive attention is what ?

I think you should keep your advices to yourself :thumbup1:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How about you stay on topic? If you have a problem with him then you can flame in a private message, not my thread.

Thanks for letting me use your thread so far, I will be leaving it now, you're very kind for letting other people use your thread, really.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unity is an extremely well documented engine that works both with C# and Javascript, which are two extremely easy languages to learn. This is great for new developers that want to get involved in our community.

Sorting out crap from korean stoners is one thing.. but.. coding a game in a language like C# ( lets just skip the Javascript part )...

You guys really must have nerves of steel.

I highly appreciate the thought of porting Flyff to a newer engine, but honestly I would recommend you to do this in some kind of programming language.

Reaction score
Sorting out crap from korean stoners is one thing.. but.. coding a game in a language like C# ( lets just skip the Javascript part )...

You guys really must have nerves of steel.

I highly appreciate the thought of porting Flyff to a newer engine, but honestly I would recommend you to do this in some kind of programming language.

Ehh Unity3d one of the most used game engines requires you to program in C# or Javascript.
Cities: Skylines is made in Unity3d for example. And well that is a quite popular game :)
I wouldn't underestimate C# it is getting more popular.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
DrEinsteinium - Emulating / Recreating Flyff in Unity3d - RaGEZONE Forums

Here's an image of a Flyff model I converted to Unity as a prototype. I used ATools to convert the 3D models to COLLADA / .dae files, and dragged those right into unity. As you can see, the bones and the animations work (even though it's not a .gif) and you can equip items so the hand bones and it's as if the character was holding it. It was not that simple though, there were 3 main problems that I faced:
  • It could just be ATools that was creating the problem, but Flyff models don't use " ", which are widely used in a lot of modern games, especially in Unity. This isn't a problem in the Flyff engine because they render textures on both sides of the model and they sacrifice all advanced lighting techniques. Unity however, uses texture culling to only display the texture on the correct side of the normals, allowing the lighting engine to better calculate where to shade. I solved this problem by creating a custom shader that does not cull any of the textures. As you can see, I sacrificed the lighting. .
  • Animations imported from separate armatures will not work together. In order to solve this I imported the models into Blender, saved them as .blend files, and appended the actions for each armature to the "master" file.
  • The third problem is that you can't just replace the meshes of the player model with the meshes for armor pieces and expect it all to work. I still have not figured this out, but I'm assuming that using a script to copy the bone arrays to the new model will fix the issue.
So I feel the first two problems can be somewhat avoided(maybe more of the second rather than the first), by created PostProccessor scripts to allow Unity to read custom .o3d, .chr and .ani files. Is there anyone that is able to give me some insight on where to start?

Thanks.

Hi . i think this is old thread if someone know how he they import that character in unity3d may reply to my post. i just tried to put in unity3d but the chracter is messed

this is what the chracter look. i just converted it to .dae and open it to 3ds max and export as .fbx

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@DrEinsteinium
"The third problem is that you can't just replace the meshes of the player model with the meshes for armor pieces and expect it all to work. I still have not figured this out, but I'm assuming that using a script to copy the bone arrays to the new model will fix the issue."

Naaah, after literally 15 hours working with this poop and nearly killing my self, i managed to get it to work, its not 100% complete more like 80% the only thing i have to do is make a script that changes the texture to the right one because its the only bug

Anyone who wants to share stuff etc, add me in discord Kinami#9373

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is very interesting and I'd see some further progress on this. Please do some (more) showcase. :)

I bet this, and all other project are long dead.

Follow my project, im not keeping it updated alot on ragezone, more on here
-Snip-

Currently working on importing the whole interface system.

Last edited by a moderator:
• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I bet this, and all other project are long dead.

Follow my project, im not keeping it updated alot on ragezone, more on here
-Snip-

Currently working on importing the whole interface system.

Please do a showcase of your project here, too. Also I'm more interested in getting the player (incl. gear / fashion / face) and monster models (incl. animation / bone) into the Unity3D engine.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i did this on the first day on working on the project :D

currently im not doing mutch, but ive got all the basic systems down, and im going to start writing my own c# server now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back