Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FlyFF Developer Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just visited this part of forum today, and read some stuff about it...
Honestly, is there's any developer still active?
It seems that there are so many release...

If there's any active developers for flyff part, please do submit a reply and maybe, just maybe if we all can work together, flyff would be a solid development team.
Maybe it can be like ragnarok one day, which is a very solid development teams...

I do hope we can work together, if any of the developers wanted to...

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that most of the people that can develop well are off doing private work for servers, and there aren't too many people developing any open projects currently. There may be a few people that are making small tools/source changes because they are learning c++ or they don't care if their works retain the correct credits and just want to better the community.

I'm sure that if a dev group were to be setup, a lot of people would join initially, but it wouldn't flourish after too long.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Calling all Spider Riders. I mean, FlyFF Devs.

It would be interesting for a dev group. It might do well if people were in to it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm a developer, not done much with the main c++ code but i understand most of it. I am currently working on my own in game shop which is based on normal gold rather then cash credits atm but it has a long way to go yet and i don't get to much time to work on it atm but its getting there slowly got all the authentication and character lists etc and insert queries ready :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well if all the developers wouldn't mind working together for a good working standard server engine.
Then there wouldn't be any problems, see if more people is getting interested.
After that, I would happily setup a forum for all the FlyFF Developers :D, in this way i guess everything would be much more organized, better if we can use code.google as well, just to keep the development & bug fixed on track.

Should this be a go, i'll set it up right away, i guess vbulletin will do the job for a forum wouldn't it?

A little note as well, i don't have much knowledge in C++ code, and the only experience i had with c++ in only from RO & PvPGN, still though, i'm very passionate to learn more through FlyFF.

Calling all Spider Riders. I mean, FlyFF Devs.

It would be interesting for a dev group. It might do well if people were in to it.

I'm pretty sure about 4 to 5 developers having enough time to manage the source would do well

Reaction score
Well if all the developers wouldn't mind working together for a good working standard server engine.
After that, I would happily setup a forum for all the FlyFF Developers :D, in this way i guess everything would be much more organized, better if we can use code.google as well, just to keep the development & bug fixed on track.

Should this be a go, i'll set it up right away, i guess vbulletin will do the job for a forum wouldn't it?

A little note as well, i don't have much knowledge in C++ code, and the only experience i had with c++ in only from RO & PvPGN, still though, i'm very passionate to learn more through FlyFF.

I'm pretty sure about 4 to 5 developers having enough time to manage the source would do well

I'm pretty sure that a SMF forum named FOSP should do the trick.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Mootie set a developer's group up a while back, and it was filled with newer users all asking stupid questions.. and not as much debate and discussion that we would have liked to see. That was back when the developing community actually had a chance, too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There will always be new users who is still learning, and that is the seed of a new developer.
We all start from ground zero you know :)
It takes time to learn, but as time passes our knowledge increased as well.

I'm pretty sure that a SMF forum named FOSP should do the trick.
In should do the trick, but a forum to simple wouldn't attract much community either.
Worry not it's a licensed vbulletin, won't get any trouble... :)

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mootie set a developer's group up a while back, and it was filled with newer users all asking stupid questions.. and not as much debate and discussion that we would have liked to see. That was back when the developing community actually had a chance, too.

Not only did it become a group for newbies asking dumb questions, it became primarily a spamming group to talk off topic about all kinds of poop. I've been in that chatroom quite some times now, and not once have I seen FlyFF or development being mentioned. As soon as someone attempted to make a discussion subjected FlyFF, the chat became quiet or it was overlapped with more off topic.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Google code is for open source projects... not leaked closed source ones lol. Also, 4-5 inexperienced developers working on messy MMORPG source code isn't going to end well. Although everyone loves to criticize Aeonsoft, I've only known one developer other than myself that works on the Flyff source that does more than adding poorly structured functionality to the existing code.

The only reason RO development works well is that they're working with an emulator, not the official source. If you want to make an emulator, you'll also need a dedicated team especially if you're looking to emulate the client(which is practically necessary to match and best the officials' development iteration speed). Get three experienced(college grad level) C++ developers that are willing to commit 10hours a week on developing an emulator, and I would probably help. That's the only thing that's going to work as far as I can see.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If the original server files are decode able and modifiable, then by all means i think that can be the base of an emulator...

If we can't use google code then again let's just setup our own code manager.
As for a messy code, we can apply moderation for a submit, as for an example a developer will submit them in the internal modification then a high ranked developer approved it, it will be applied to the source code.
Basically they all can submit in a form of .diff
That way everything can be organized neatly and records can be found.

Not only did it become a group for newbies asking dumb questions, it became primarily a spamming group to talk off topic about all kinds of poop. I've been in that chatroom quite some times now, and not once have I seen FlyFF or development being mentioned. As soon as someone attempted to make a discussion subjected FlyFF, the chat became quiet or it was overlapped with more off topic.

Community dies because no one is interested in it. It doesn't matter if people are talking off topics as long as it's not a spam bot.
That way people will still gather in the forum and the community will live on as people is still interested.
Word about FlyFF won't just die off without any attempt survival.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't think you understand some of the brilliant ideas we've established to revive our dying section, and few to none have even left a mark on the population. You can try this, and if it succeeds, I'd give you all the respect you wish.. but you will try, and you will fail.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I don't think you understand some of the brilliant ideas we've established to revive our dying section, and few to none have even left a mark on the population. You can try this, and if it succeeds, I'd give you all the respect you wish.. but you will try, and you will fail.
Great encouragement dude, that will definitely revive the section.

I agree with you on some points (Worf) and some of the threads you made are good, but what you do with other peoples ideas, horrible.

Let's use your encouragement and ability to depreciate people and try to revive this section, you are doing it and you will fail.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Great encouragement dude, that will definitely revive the section.

I agree with you on some points (Worf) and some of the threads you made are good, but what you do with other peoples ideas, horrible.

Let's use your encouragement and ability to depreciate people and try to revive this section, you are doing it and you will fail.

First of all, this has been tried and failed. I don't see in the point in wasting time and effort on something that didn't work in the past. It's like the United States trying to use the trickle-down economy to get out of this nearing depression again, when it failed in the past, twice.

I can understand your anger towards me due to your server, and great job holding back your personal issues with me and revealing them to the entire section.. seeing as I rarely make comments on other's suggestions; it was all in good fun. Regardless, encouraging an idea that's failed once.. led by someone who's not nearly as capable as the one who led it the last time?

Why don't you put the pieces together? We had mootie leading the show, and a prominent developing section, and it failed. We now have some random kid with ten posts leading the show, and few to none capable developers.. yet you expect it to succeed? Nice try, clever play. But you're doing it wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why don't you put the pieces together? We had mootie leading the show, and a prominent developing section, and it failed. We now have some random kid with ten posts leading the show, and few to none capable developers.. yet you expect it to succeed? Nice try, clever play. But you're doing it wrong.

I think we have a winner here, folks.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I can understand your anger towards me due to your server, and great job holding back your personal issues with me and revealing them to the entire section.. seeing as I rarely make comments on other's suggestions; it was all in good fun. Regardless, encouraging an idea that's failed once.. led by someone who's not nearly as capable as the one who led it the last time?
I don't care about that, not at all, I have no personal issues with you at all, besides, you are the one who blocked me on messenger not me, so who has personal issues now? I think you are not encouraging people with this attitude. You want this section to live, so what if it is a stranger, if you want something you have to do all you can to achieve it and you are not doing that.

Jezus came as a complete stranger on earth and he did great things. He got himself in the best selling book ever. If you want this section to live you have to encourage everyone to do what they can and what they want to do for this section. What you are doing now is killing every action that is being taken. It is like you want the section to be run by a few people with knowledge and you are just piggybacking.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I don't care about that, not at all, I have no personal issues with you at all, besides, you are the one who blocked me on messenger not me, so who has personal issues now? I think you are not encouraging people with this attitude. You want this section to live, so what if it is a stranger, if you want something you have to do all you can to achieve it and you are not doing that.

Jezus came as a complete stranger on earth and he did great things. He got himself in the best selling book ever. If you want this section to live you have to encourage everyone to do what they can and what they want to do for this section. What you are doing now is killing every action that is being taken. It is like you want the section to be run by a few people with knowledge and you are just piggybacking.

Okay Langstra.

OT: I will support this idea. If you create the group, I will be in it to give my feedback and advice. I'll attempt to recruit some additional users as well.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Okay Langstra.

OT: I will support this idea. If you create the group, I will be in it to give my feedback and advice. I'll attempt to recruit some additional users as well.
Cool, thanks, I really appreciate that. Though I will not start the group, I am not a C++ guru neither do I have a lot of knowledge of the flyff source. I am a webdeveloper and if I had the time I'd make up some scripts for the community, but I am occupied by my study at the moment.
Maybe when I have time in a few weeks that I can make up something for the community. However, if there are people with questions concerning webdevelopment, then I am willing to answer them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Siles: I'm not even going to try to lead. I'm just going to give the community it own home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back