Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How much does a Flyff Server cost and earn?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I wanna know how much money it would take to make/create a Flyff server, down to the files, apps, cost of production (if there are any).

And how much would a regular/standard server earn?
From typical PvP based servers to a more Quest based servers?

I've been hired to do some artworks and models so I just wanna know how much a server earns?

And also I'm bored xD

Sorry, tho. IDK if this is the right place to post this thread

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is no specific price to make a flyff server.
First, it depends on the host you're willing to buy and the type of security it has. (Hosting website, game and forum on different hosts is also better but costs more)
Second, some developers sells their un-released files so if you're going to buy files that increases the value also.
Third, if you're going to hire developers some of them ask for money.

Also each server gains different profit based on the amount of players and donations.
Every month it's different (up and downs)

That's my opinion.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
that is hard to say because you need protection aswell because its possible that you get attacked by a botnet and that will cost alot of money.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work for FlyFF, but protection against botnet or DDOS can usually be deflected pretty easily with proxy servers.
Maybe you can rent a hosting that already have DDOS protection to server as your proxy to the main server.

Just make sure your main server IP is unknown to the public & you should be pretty safe

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work for FlyFF, but protection against botnet or DDOS can usually be deflected pretty easily with proxy servers.
Maybe you can rent a hosting that already have DDOS protection to server as your proxy to the main server.

Just make sure your main server IP is unknown to the public & you should be pretty safe
that is basically the issue you can never hide your ip anymore.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that is basically the issue you can never hide your ip anymore.

What? Why can't you hide the IP anymore?
I'm pretty sure all traffic in FlyFF can be redirected to proxy then forwarded to the real server...

I haven't thoroughly test it, but it seems to work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not enough to be worth it. Freelance game developers work harder and longer hours and make less money in then freelance web devs. If you are just into it for money go to web designing you'll earn more and wont work as much.

Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
my server back in the days was free of monthly costs. Arround 200~300 players.
Some months i made an bit profit some months i didn't.

Hosting the server on my own private server Home with an 500/500 fiberglass connection. But that was an long time. :D sometimes i think to make an new one. But hell no takes to much of private time for my wife and kids.,

So its up to you how you want to do it and what you are willen to pay for it. And what items you are willing to sell.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What? Why can't you hide the IP anymore?
I'm pretty sure all traffic in FlyFF can be redirected to proxy then forwarded to the real server...

I haven't thoroughly test it, but it seems to work?

No it wont. It will still send data in your main IP server. Port Protection Programs like Firewall Guard will only protect you when you are using 1 client only. It wont protect you if you are using multiple clients. the Application will automatically block all the players that uses multiple client simultaneously.

The best way is to get a better host like OVH since it pretty much mitigate Heavy attacks. Small attacks can still get pass through it though. It will only flood the login and it doesn't pretty much affect anything in game.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello !Interesting question...

For someone who wants a "basic server" and wants to cut costs as much as possible, I mean the following:

- Use a decent dedicated server (OVH Rise Game series)
- Website and server on the same machine [imo worst idea].
- Hire volunteer guides / mods / gm
- Depend only on your development knowledge.
- Use only released models / systems / tools / artwork...

You can count about 80-100$/month (25$-40$ if you use a VPS instead of a dedicated server).

As for the money you can earn, many parameters must be taken into consideration:

- The type of store (P2W? P2F?)
- Local server or international server ?
- If you are going to dedicate yourself seriously to the server (updates, events, fix)
- If the players are loyal (by gifts linked to their connection time, or linked to their number of votes or other types of loyalty) or not

For the Original MoonFlyFF (The one opened from the beginning of 2014 to the end of 2016 by Wave) He earned 150k€ [157k$](In reality 120k€/125k€ [126k$/131k$] If we take into consideration the expenses he had to pay)

To clarify, I'm talking about Moon FlyFF the French server and in terms of systems the server offered what is currently done on a basic server.

Back