Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Should FlyFF servers still use PHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but results shown, PDO is slow. to validate my inputs its running faster by simply throwing inputs into static validation class methods instead of fully using PDO.
Yet again, that statement is completely wrong... PDO is not slow, it's that PDO cannot operate any faster than the database driver it is bound to.
FreeTDS and the old MsSQL PDO drivers are really slow, however there's the SqlSrv PDO drivers which is just as fast as sqlsrv.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Yet again, that statement is completely wrong... PDO is not slow, it's that PDO cannot operate any faster than the database driver it is bound to.
FreeTDS and the old MsSQL PDO drivers are really slow, however there's the SqlSrv PDO drivers which is just as fast as sqlsrv.

ok, im a good looser. xP
after some research, ofc PDO is still slower, but it seems its like 10ms in 10k select statements on mysql.
at the end its depends i want to code the native SQL to save some ns and care my error handling myself (i should code very well in that case) OR (in most cases) i use PDO as good overall-solution, specially for SQL beginners.

gratz ^_^

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok, im a good looser. xP
after some research, ofc PDO is still slower, but it seems its like 10ms in 10k select statements on mysql.
at the end its depends i want to code the native SQL to save some ns and care my error handling myself (i should code very well in that case) OR (in most cases) i use PDO as good overall-solution, specially for SQL beginners.

gratz ^_^
Also, PDO is not an ORM database handler, meaning you will have to use the selected languages SQL to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back