Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff source coders group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
I don't really know if this section still works, if there are coders alive..
but I wonder if there are people who still working on this game and willing to do stuff together with a group of few people with the purpose of playing around and learn as much as possible from the flyff source code (C++, C# for tools, php and other web languages, 3D things)

Is it something that would interest you guys?
Will it bring some interest to this section?

Ofcourse it is different from making a server because sadly that won't happen.. unless future plans different for us.. but as it is right now the goal is studying and getting better.

so...

My Requirments:
  • Background in C++, C#.
  • Willing to contribute and do things for study purpose.
  • Willing to share knowledge with people.
  • Having enough time for this group.
  • Passion for missions and challenges.
  • Passion for group works.

Please do not message me on my inbox since i don't read it, so either leave a message in this thread or feel free to add me on skype: yarinl3vy

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here we go again...
Your purpose is great but keep in mind that most of "developers" around Flyff Section won't learn any poop. They gonna add your skype and ask to join group to start asking thousands questions about their problems on running their crappy private server for money growth.
GL anyway :)

[R8]ℓσℓ32
Reaction score
Here we go again...
Your purpose is great but keep in mind that most of "developers" around Flyff Section won't learn any poop. They gonna add your skype and ask to join group to start asking thousands questions about their problems on running their crappy private server for money growth.

Those are not developers and won't join. Problem solved.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here we go again...

as caja said they will just be kicked... the purpose of the group is not to help people with their server, ofcourse the group won't be too big, maximum 5-6 people.. and we will try to stick as much as possible to our own goals and tasks that we set, being able to ask question inside the group, send status images.

it's going to contribute eachother if people see it the way I see it, after all when working on pserver you can't really do whatever you like... you have to stick to rules plus things that you like are not necessarily mean that players will like but now you can do whatever you feel like since it's a test project
and i am sure the groupies would love to give a hand.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sounds fun, i currently work with c# frequently IRL, and getting to know more about C++ sounds fun! Keep in mind i haven't done any programming to a flyff server before, or even tried to set one up! If i'm still welcome, please message me! :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sounds fun, i currently work with c# frequently IRL, and getting to know more about C++ sounds fun! Keep in mind i haven't done any programming to a flyff server before, or even tried to set one up! If i'm still welcome, please message me! :D

feel free to add me on skype..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As a developer with some experience, I have to warn you. Flyff's source code is so terrible you should not be learning a damn thing from it. I'm putting a project together in order to learn some restraint. The code is just... awful. It hurts me to have to work with it. I really want to fix it, but fixing it would require nuking it from orbit, and rewriting the entire thing from scratch; I'm only one person. I don't have the time to do that. I am however, working on a release that's right up your alley. A feature complete devstack. It's coming along nicely, but I still have a long ways to go before it hits the release section.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are right the code is not the best.. tho you have a lot to learn from this source, don't forget this source got up to 4 million people, this source is running... its enough to be able to learn from it a lot... yeah, it has some bad habits and a lot of copy paste but think of it as a way to be productive... they probably had deadlines and.. maybe those developers wasn't as experience as you or so.. but still this game did its job for a long time, the game had bad management and crashed but I don't think it's the source's fault and yes you can also learn from bad habits... how to make the code better, when you code a lot and see those stuff you start thinking of ways to solve it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You got my attention, but what's the goal with it?.. learning, i know.. but doing exactly what?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back