Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FlyFF V20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Today Webzen announced that FlyFF will launch V20, or "Turning Point Part 1"!

Source:

What are your thoughts, will this be the "Turning Point" of FlyFF?

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Today Webzen announced that FlyFF will launch V20, or "Turning Point Part 1"!

Source:

What are your thoughts, will this be the "Turning Point" of FlyFF?

Highly doubtful, as the content they are providing is quite a joke to be honest lol.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Highly doubtful, as the content they are providing is quite a joke to be honest lol.

Yea, in my opinion they are too late anyway. Few weeks ago they had a dupe glitch which caused the last few players to quit anyway.

For those who missed it, the few of the new features:

• Level Cap is increased to 155
  • New dungeon with mobs from level 150-156
  • Card Manager
  • (A) and (7%) to (S) and (10%) conversion is possible
  • 12% Cards
  • New CS sets with +20% hp, +20 stats
  • Petfilter (although this hasn't been confirmed yet)

Reaction score
Yea, in my opinion they are too late anyway. Few weeks ago they had a dupe glitch which caused the last few players to quit anyway.

• Card Manager
  • 12% Cards

I highly doubt that those are the main new features...
That is nothing major

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I highly doubt that those are the main new features...
That is nothing major

MikeDecibel - FlyFF V20 - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks to jtb1 for the image.

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Reaction score
What could flyff really do to make a turning point other than redoing the whole game completely?
It is a old game by now and they do their very best ("Very best") to keep it alive.

But the worse part is that they use same monsters and just editing the textures, nothing special.. raising the level as there arent enough levels already..
Better cards, as the game isnt overpowered and unbalanced already...

It is a pay to win kind of game.. They don't have many ideas other than adding feautures that benefits themselves..
such as a pet filter that you have to buy with real money for having it for 7 days..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What could flyff really do to make a turning point other than redoing the whole game completely?
It is a old game by now and they do their very best ("Very best") to keep it alive.

But the worse part is that they use same monsters and just editing the textures, nothing special.. raising the level as there arent enough levels already..
Better cards, as the game isnt overpowered and unbalanced already...

It is a pay to win kind of game.. They don't have many ideas other than adding feautures that benefits themselves..
such as a pet filter that you have to buy with real money for having it for 7 days..

they can't do much it seems and also they gave up really easily the updates that are being shown here that is just a joke the old versions are even better what is presented today with terms of skilling, stat-points, scrolls, potions, weapons, armour, etc there is just to much stuff added into this game which makes it really hard to understand for new players maybe not on a official server but on private ones you can see the difference clearly.

- interface
- client
- leveling system
- job changes
- weapon rotation
- user friendly
- competitive ranking

there has not been any huge changes like monthly updates just because the player base is decreasing and the income to actually make decent upgrades into the game itself is really hard if they do not have the equipment i can feel the developers been working years on this project and nothing has came out of it because there were to many leaks it is just dissapointing and if this is the update nobody is going to be surprised anymore about this in-game content were gala-net stands now.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Note: its v20 part 1 of 3... so the argument about it beeing not as much as in last updates is valid for now but since its going to be a 3 part update we dont know poop about what is going to come.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do you know its a 3 part update?

Don't get me wrong, It is not confirmed that we will also get the update in 3 parts. But all of the information we have about v20 comes from the Korean Turning Point Part 1 update. In Korea they announced it as part 1 of 3.

So we might get all 3 combined at once or they might decide to also release it in parts here, that is completely unconfirmed how they are going to handle that.

My post was purely to say that all we know is part 1 of 3. The other 2 parts might actually contain bigger and more interesting changes. We shouldnt judge v20 just by the third of information we already know.

Edit: Just seen that the Webzen announcement is also talking about "Turning Point Part 1" so it is probably save to assume that we will also get v20 in 3 parts.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score

• Card Manager
  • 12% Cards

I've analyzed what's currently on the Korean client. I'm confident of these additional updates.

• R cards are the same as S cards except for 15 stat instead of 12 stat and 5% bonus instead of 4% bonus, in addition, the Land R card gives 5% HP instead of flat HP like the Land S card gave
  • I'm going to confirm the pet filter
  • Added awakening line(5 lines to 6 lines)
  • Inventory sorting button
  • There's some sort of "baruna trans system" ui, I'm not sure what it would do though
  • It looks like the R and 12% cards are made by combining materials, possibly from the new dungeon
  • I suspect this isn't a full update, given there are two other worlds defined but not in the client

Some images that lead me to these conclusions:
9YTj3IN - FlyFF V20 - RaGEZONE Forums

SZLpXRo - FlyFF V20 - RaGEZONE Forums

vHsesgE - FlyFF V20 - RaGEZONE Forums

sPSdqak - FlyFF V20 - RaGEZONE Forums

I have images of the dungeon ingame, but its on a private server, so it would probably count as advertising. PM me if you want to see.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I mean, personally I think they should just let it die and maybe rebuild the game to something more modern.
The game is based around combat which (at this point) is so basic that it becomes boring after ~20-30 levels for most players.

The world that the original devs created was fantastic IMO.
I'd love to see a recreation of this game in unreal 3 or 4. Same with Fiesta Online.

For now I don't think there's anything they can do to revive the current game. It died in V16/17.
I have a couple characters that didn't get purged on Kern (or whatever it's called after the merge) and I went to Darkon City and there was 1 shop there. ONE.
Last I played seriously in V15/16 there were probably at least 100 shops. So many that my FPS would drop to like ~10.

I just don't think point-click-autoattack MMOs from Pre-2010 can be "revived" anymore.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I mean, personally I think they should just let it die and maybe rebuild the game to something more modern.
The game is based around combat which (at this point) is so basic that it becomes boring after ~20-30 levels for most players.

The world that the original devs created was fantastic IMO.
I'd love to see a recreation of this game in unreal 3 or 4. Same with Fiesta Online.

For now I don't think there's anything they can do to revive the current game. It died in V16/17.
I have a couple characters that didn't get purged on Kern (or whatever it's called after the merge) and I went to Darkon City and there was 1 shop there. ONE.
Last I played seriously in V15/16 there were probably at least 100 shops. So many that my FPS would drop to like ~10.

I just don't think point-click-autoattack MMOs from Pre-2010 can be "revived" anymore.

Flyff isnt dead and if you think that you probably havent played on the right Server. They tried to do recreations of flyff but as we all know flyff2 was canceled just before closed beta.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Flyff isnt dead and if you think that you probably havent played on the right Server. They tried to do recreations of flyff but as we all know flyff2 was canceled just before closed beta.

My man if you have to play on a specific server to find players, sorry to say, but the game is nearly dead.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i may not have my own server yet, but as a player with experience of over 10 years now with flyff , i can say is that flyff will never die if u handle your players right, there is alot of tweaks and alternative ways compare before when it comes to features/gameplay and even just simple changes can make a huge difference for players expectations/happiness for flyff itself.

but if u meant dead because u are comparing flyff to new generation online games + player base quantity then u can just say flyff is lacking of new animations imo.

lastly there are many great developers that gave so much efforts for creating new things for flyff, although most of them got released/leaked/sold/stolen etc without their permission and led them to give up on flyff i respect them and admire them for making flyff way better than before,so how can u say its nearly dead by just quantity of players, i alone had hundreds of friends who still love flyff the way i do. :p (sorry for not fluent english)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i may not have my own server yet, but as a player with experience of over 10 years now with flyff , i can say is that flyff will never die if u handle your players right, there is alot of tweaks and alternative ways compare before when it comes to features/gameplay and even just simple changes can make a huge difference for players expectations/happiness for flyff itself.

but if u meant dead because u are comparing flyff to new generation online games + player base quantity then u can just say flyff is lacking of new animations imo.

lastly there are many great developers that gave so much efforts for creating new things for flyff, although most of them got released/leaked/sold/stolen etc without their permission and led them to give up on flyff i respect them and admire them for making flyff way better than before,so how can u say its nearly dead by just quantity of players, i alone had hundreds of friends who still love flyff the way i do. :p (sorry for not fluent english)

There's a couple reasons.

For one MMOs are hugely dependent on the playerbase (even if they're not Free to play like Flyff is). If you can't find anyone to run dungeons with, level with, buy from etc. You're going to quit as well. It's the same with all MP games.
Playerbase size is very important.

I understand that games such as Flyff are very popular in some places (for example the Philippines) and some parts of europe, however in North America they're not nearly as popular as they used to be. I love Flyff as lot, but it just feels like a waste of my time to play a game that is mostly dead, at least official servers. I do play on private servers from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back