Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Future of Flyff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So what I wanted to ask is what you believe will happen to flyff in the next years, months, weeks, whatever, as long as its in the future.

eflyff/cflyff/pservers/etc all apply.

For example imo eflyff is going to continue to suck ^^.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Valid arguments only please.

Unless they come with a breakthrough anytime soon, I'm afraid the official server wont match their peak ever again.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If F2 is indeed Flyff 2, and it actually gets released globally, it will slowly replace Flyff until Flyff shuts down just like Tails Runner did. Flyff 2 will replace it and do horribly, and cause all Flyff private servers to die that aren't original and rely solely on live updates to survive. Galalabs will realize how badly Flyff 2 does and shut it down as well.

Another scenario is that F2 never goes global and is postponed indefinitely worldwide. Flyff continues to add horrible versions that just make the game worse and worse, until it eventually dies off and Galalabs moves on to hosting newer games.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I do with what Adler say. Flyff will continue adding horrible versions, so the the whole games end up in a bunch of crap. It's starting to look something like that already. Or it'll die out cause of F2.

The fact is, Flyff will die one day no matter what. Gpotato has already prepared themselves with web browser games, which I found hilarious when I first saw that they were.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
randomly add new cs and instance over loading their servers with crap until f2 comes out and they put 99% less interest into flyff ... as to the current 10% effort and 90% "give me your money" strategy they currently have underway...

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
randomly add new cs and instance over loading their servers with crap until f2 comes out and they put 99% less interest into flyff ... as to the current 10% effort and 90% "give me your money" strategy they currently have underway...
Yup their code on things just looks like from a kid that doesn't knows the basics - that somethings can have exploits.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Eflyff will die off, and Private servers will continue to be more fun and will continue to make money, and haters will continue to hate on them.

eventually all haters will die off as well.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Nope. it's only a dream, there will be always weak servers.

If F2 = Flyff2

There will be a new section called F2, Leeching will continue.
So leechers, dont worry and be happy.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope. it's only a dream, there will be always weak servers.

If F2 = Flyff2

There will be a new section called F2, Leeching will continue.
So leechers, dont worry and be happy.

Not unless someone takes the interest up for a F2 Emulator and releases it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not unless someone takes the interest up for a F2 Emulator and releases it.

Or they fail at another game, and it gets stolen almost instantly.
In all honesty F2 might be the worst idea they had yet, but I guess it's a good thing for us then. I mean if the original flyff dies off, the flyff that we all grew to love(excluding v6 fanboys ^^), pservers will basically take over the population of eflyff. I mean how many people would want to play F2 T_T...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude, what are you talking about? FlyFF has no future. Atleast, not with real players. What's so good about a game that you can easily buy yourself the best character items after 2 days of playing it, with a few hundred bucks? Nah. Just quit FlyFF while you're at it.. it's not worth your time anymore.

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Dude, what are you talking about? FlyFF has no future. Atleast, not with real players. What's so good about a game that you can easily buy yourself the best character items after 2 days of playing it, with a few hundred bucks? Nah. Just quit FlyFF while you're at it.. it's not worth your time anymore.
Few hundred buck eh? I saw man with like 2.5k $ worth eq on VERY HIGH ratio server....

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nothing has changed lol. It takes as long to reach 150 on eflyff(v18) as it did to reach 120 in v7 even with Q amps. It may be pointless, but only in the way that life can be pointless. If you don't take it so seriously, it can still be fun. The reason most of the people on these forums don't enjoy flyff anymore is because they've grown older and tried to look for more in Flyff than even real life can offer.

Ask yourself this, "What is the point of life as it's only temporary?" Games are similar. You only get temporary fun playing them, they don't last forever, just as life doesn't last forever.

Just because many players who've been playing for years have grown bored with it, doesnt mean new and younger players can't have fun playing still.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
For me, Flyff its a game that you can play when you are, 9-12years old. Otherwhise when you are 12+ its borring. I don't play flyff anymore. But only developing. Like xLethal said "Nothing has changed lol. It takes as long to reach 150 on eflyff(v18) as it did to reach 120 in v7 even with Q amps." Thats so true...
Yours,
eMachine

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
FlyFF seem to stand out among the MMO games listed here so unless it can't cope the competition others bring it should still exist in the next few years.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If F2 is indeed Flyff 2, and it actually gets released globally, it will slowly replace Flyff until Flyff shuts down just like Tails Runner did. Flyff 2 will replace it and do horribly, and cause all Flyff private servers to die that aren't original and rely solely on live updates to survive. Galalabs will realize how badly Flyff 2 does and shut it down as well.

Another scenario is that F2 never goes global and is postponed indefinitely worldwide. Flyff continues to add horrible versions that just make the game worse and worse, until it eventually dies off and Galalabs moves on to hosting newer games.

You haven't seen what Flyff 2 has to offer. Who knows, it could be an amazing game. It sure explains why Gala has been ignoring Fly for fun development. They were planning on making a sequel the whole time. I do admit that Galalabs has done a terrible job in terms of running a successful game, but we should give Floating Fortress a chance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just because everyone thinks its gonna blow doesn't mean no one is gonna play. i will just because i play every new f2p mmo that comes out. galalabs games aren't bad they just don't put their all into any one game that's why they fail.

Reaction score
F2 is the worst game i ever seen just by the videos and all but we cant talk about a game without playing it so idk. but personally i wont play it. graphics are important for me. but the gameplay is the most important thing.

about eflyff i don't think the game will die. they have ALOT of CSers and they wont just move into a new game, i mean they spent ALOT of cash in eflyff and they wont be fools to just leave it and go into another game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah they will. they'll witch and moan but they will.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
i just say, i wouldnt be sad if flyff goes to end on official servers. this will bring more ppl to private servers, who loved the flyff 1. and since private server always do better, it wont be that hard to go better than gpotato.

if you say, there will be missed updates from gpotato ... look at their updates, many ppl can program the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back