Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A better future Flyff. Please check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dear Flyffers,
first I would like to thank you that you have spent some of your time reading my post. :) The topic that I would like to discuss with you is the following: HOW TO KEEP OUR FAVOURITE GAME ALIVE? I have been thinking these days over this problem. As we all know, Webzen is not trying in any way to help this game go on. So there are people that try to do something better of the game by starting private servers...but the feeling playing in a private server is not the same as in the original one, right?(at least that is what I feel :) ) Another thing about it is that Flyff is a game which need players, because playing alone..well it sucks. So this hit me up while I have been browsing upon different private servers: What if MOST of the private servers merge into one? I know it sounds really optimistic, but I think if we are together, we will be stronger. Imagine having only 2 private servers: 1 high rate and 1 low rate. There are over 30 different private servers that are working at the moment. Merging into 2 servers, this will mean at least 1k people in each(maybe even more). If this happens I am sure that other flyffers from the original ones will start coming in. They way I see it, it will be really hard to fulfill this task, because most of the developers won't agree, but if the players agree...I think it might work.
I would be very glad to hear the opinion of you people. I am trying to begin something big and good, so I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP in order to be heard. :) Thank you in advance. :)
* I have made a skype group about this topic. :) My skype id is : niko12347. We need every person who is willing to help. :)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A naive proposal from someone who probably have never ever won a single penny on the internet..

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
A naive proposal from someone who probably have never ever won a single penny on the internet..

Nice thing to say about someone who obviously loves Flyff and wants a better version of it online, not just that he wants co-operation from all current Server Owners.

I think this is a amazing proposal, but unfortunately you are right, each server is set down a different path and a different vision of what FLYFF should have become. I know me personally i feel Flyff should've become a game that requires team work, farming, collecting and PvP to gain items but other server hosts may feel this is a poor way to host a game and want to make it 100% pay to win, while others may feel that only want Flyff for PvP.

So unless the Owners can come together and decide what the game should be as a whole it is kind of pointless to wish for co-operation. As proven above the Flyff community isn't exactly the kindest when it comes to helping each other out, especially when people are trying to learn new interesting things.

The best thing i can suggest is to join a Server you like and hope others have the same feeling, there are many good ones out there. Some pay 2 win, some farm to win, some PvP driven and some PvE driven. Then there are some that are a combination of PvP driven, PvE driven and farm driven (farming being killing mobs or collecting from a field)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice thing to say about someone who obviously loves Flyff and wants a better version of it online, not just that he wants co-operation from all current Server Owners.

I think this is a amazing proposal, but unfortunately you are right, each server is set down a different path and a different vision of what FLYFF should have become. I know me personally i feel Flyff should've become a game that requires team work, farming, collecting and PvP to gain items but other server hosts may feel this is a poor way to host a game and want to make it 100% pay to win, while others may feel that only want Flyff for PvP.

So unless the Owners can come together and decide what the game should be as a whole it is kind of pointless to wish for co-operation. As proven above the Flyff community isn't exactly the kindest when it comes to helping each other out, especially when people are trying to learn new interesting things.

The best thing i can suggest is to join a Server you like and hope others have the same feeling, there are many good ones out there. Some pay 2 win, some farm to win, some PvP driven and some PvE driven. Then there are some that are a combination of PvP driven, PvE driven and farm driven (farming being killing mobs or collecting from a field)

Thank you for the positive answer. I have been thinking about all that you have said in the past 2 days. I have come to the same conclusion that first Flyff should be redesigned as whole gameplay, as it for now it's only pay to win and pservers just change that a bit into farm to win+ pay to win. I guess nothing will happen and this game will remain doomed(sadly) until people change their thinking and understanding of how game and business should be managed together.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I admit that it would be a dream for all to cooperate. This is something that will never happen despite the best efforts of negotiation. It would be easier to negotiate with a terrorist than to speak with developers that have their own private servers. All servers have their own agendas and ideals of what is considered a good server and this would not be so easy to change their minds about. However if you feel so adamant about creating such an ideal server, maybe it would be best to incorporate your ideas with those that agree with you and host your own server. If you want something done then the only way to do it is to do it yourself. Prove all others wrong by showing that you are right. Very simply stated.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I admit that it would be a dream for all to cooperate. This is something that will never happen despite the best efforts of negotiation. It would be easier to negotiate with a terrorist than to speak with developers that have their own private servers. All servers have their own agendas and ideals of what is considered a good server and this would not be so easy to change their minds about. However if you feel so adamant about creating such an ideal server, maybe it would be best to incorporate your ideas with those that agree with you and host your own server. If you want something done then the only way to do it is to do it yourself. Prove all others wrong by showing that you are right. Very simply stated.

I like your thinking "if you want something done right, do it yourself" is the typical saying :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
WebSpider had one of the most successful if not the most successful server out there. Its good to see you active again.

B2T: I dont think developers of different servers will work together. There are many reasons why they wouldnt.

-Money,Money,Money (Greedy)

- Different views of '' How-a-perfect-Server is like''

- Too many cooks ruin the mash. ( Server would probably be bugged)

Its just sad that u don't have those pro developers in the flyff scene anymore and that they dont think about a concept which is not p2w.

FlyFF still has many players like you can see on new official FlyFF CW Eu.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am against the Merge Private Servers together thing, because the only thing really pushing development is the competition.

Also, the bigger servers all have some minor differences which is why the player-base is split like it is at the moment. There just is no real balance that everyone likes yet and there will probably never be one.

Private servers are supposed to be independent, risk moves - for example implement experimental features - that a big money driven company just cant do.

What we need in order to rescue this game, is developers that work together and help each other to explore and try new things. Not a big monopol private server that dictates how the game should be. Freedom and choice is why we have private servers in the first place.

PS: I hope I did not go on too much of a rant here.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
there is to many custom servers which is Ducking boring nobody can make something normal, also most of the servers are 'aka' pay2win it seems r.i.p make money game you didn't made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back