Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How would you guys feel about a flyff app for ios and android?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It would be great for people with smart phones to be able to have an app to use for the flyff server they play on. It would be quiet possible to add a interface using java/html for android and use apple's ios development tools to make a user cp panel, news section,twitter/facebook integration, etc. Theirs alot you can do with both android and ios sdk's

Now being able to put it in the app store or android market is questionable because you need to pay fees ($99 apple developer program fee & $25 android developer fee) and may violate some gala copyright to publish it in their official app stores (just guessing im not 100% sure on it). But we can always use the apps on a jailbroken ios device and rooted android device.

I can show guides to setup android sdk and ios sdk's and show how to start on an app or start development on one if their is enough interest/help

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The real question would be; Is it worth doing it? It would take a large amount of time and work to get something like this done. I'm not saying you shouldn't do this. However, unless you're doing this for educational purposes, you should start right away :D

I'd say either choose Android or IOS. Don't start with both of them.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Ive messed with both android and ios sdk's over the past 9 months. been learning about how it all works. On android i jumped right into Phonegap its a sdk add-on for android as well as many smartphone platforms. Its made so you can use html 5 in the java/xml coding. which means you can change the stuff inside the app itself because it is always going to something like: 127.0.0.1:80/homepage.hml. Its very easy to pick up and learn for anyone with a windows pc . I like apples user interface's and development better. its more complex but has alot of default features for design. also phongap has a plugin for xcode (apples sdk) which is good too

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The new dreamweaver cs6 has PhoneGab in it. You can build your app in dreamweaver with HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and then just export it to any platform (Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone and iOS).

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This won't be possible tbh :p

I know what you're thinking, but that's not what his plan is. Read his first most more closely. He doesn't want to create a way to play Flyff on those platforms, he's just gonna make some special app to easily access website information about the server in question.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright.

You can just upload a .apk somewhere for android devices it doesn't need any market.
The user have to go to download/APKname.apk and run it. You can change settings somewhere to allow non market apk instalations in your settings. So the phone doesn't need to be rooted for this. Android market is easy too put apps on so far I know. The iOs will be a problem. Just screw iOs users. You need a mac Os to make iOs apps and need to wait so long for each build. The appstore on iOs is just hard :(.

But it would be better just to use a webpage that is made for mobile devices.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seems kinda elaborate for administration, even for officials lol. Better off improving the game itself before something like this. What someone should do is develop a Flyff client compatible with mac/linux. Would be a great way to get more players to join the game, but it probably would take a pretty long amount of time(I'm not really familiar with the ordeal of making a windows directx app crossplatform).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea at all. But the problem is, what kind of application would it be? And besides, It's gonna be hard work.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I know what you're thinking, but that's not what his plan is. Read his first most more closely. He doesn't want to create a way to play Flyff on those platforms, he's just gonna make some special app to easily access website information about the server in question.
Oh, I also thought he was trying to port the client.. Anyways, other than that, it's more than possible :D

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seems kinda elaborate for administration, even for officials lol. Better off improving the game itself before something like this. What someone should do is develop a Flyff client compatible with mac/linux. Would be a great way to get more players to join the game, but it probably would take a pretty long amount of time(I'm not really familiar with the ordeal of making a windows directx app crossplatform).

OpenGL will probably be the best way to go about doing things.

ONTOPIC:
Instead of making this elaborate iPhone/Android app, how about just properly coding the real website and using media-queries to dynamically scale the layout based on device?
Also, didn't you mention this way back too J?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
OpenGL will probably be the best way to go about doing things.

ONTOPIC:
Instead of making this elaborate iPhone/Android app, how about just properly coding the real website and using media-queries to dynamically scale the layout based on device?
Also, didn't you mention this way back too J?

might of im not sure it prob was awhile ago if i did as i quit flyff development back in December.
i'm working on parts of an ios version to somewhat show what you can do. and its not really difficult or alot of work to go into it. its like making some images and then basically making a website. with maybe a little different coding language and a little bit of a challenge and as well it could be a great learning experience for people :)

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like the idea, I just simply don't understand the point with it. I highly doubt numerous of people would use it, and I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort making it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
why pay the fees just to have it yanked for copyright infringement? Gala owns the name Flyff and any likeness therein. Immediately, you would be limited to homebrewers and jailbreakers. So its not worth to make a program even for private servers. However, there are some programs that get by doing the "unofficial" in the title, but then again you will run into problems with selling the app. Licensing is way worse in this day and age than it was a few years ago before android and iphones existed.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
why pay the fees just to have it yanked for copyright infringement? Gala owns the name Flyff and any likeness therein. Immediately, you would be limited to homebrewers and jailbreakers. So its not worth to make a program even for private servers. However, there are some programs that get by doing the "unofficial" in the title, but then again you will run into problems with selling the app. Licensing is way worse in this day and age than it was a few years ago before android and iphones existed.

I'd be surprised if Gala began caring about copyright infringements. I have yet to hear a case where Gala responded to any reports regarding their content being used in any way.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Gala began caring about copyright infringements. I have yet to hear a case where Gala responded to any reports regarding their content being used in any way.

They randomly DMCA videos on video sharing sites that allow them to. Aside from that, they could care less about taking any legal action against private servers of their own games, unless the legal action is free.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not saying to stay away from it. I'm merely saying that from an app developer standpoint, the marketplaces are real anal about copyrighting. Merely showing a cartoon of a character drinking a Pepsi can have it yanked off the marketplaces hours after submission. Just be aware that they scrutinize everything on their marketplaces. Both android and apple. Apple is way worse imo, which is why we don't develop for them. once submitted 10 apps to them over the course of a month. rejected them all do to some stupid crap so dumb to post. Android hasn't rejected anything as of yet.

If you are really serious about this, go for it. But aim towards android OS. Its becoming the choice of OS development nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back