Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I miss this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If not for Deadly, the development scene for FlyFF would be much further behind. He was the reckoning.

The (only) major thing he did was hacking v11 files, which inspired Germans to later hack newer files and eventually source code. He did implement some anti-crash hooks as well as a PvP system via reverse engineering, which is impressive. However, a similar system could be developed in a couple days by any experienced C++ dev. Not to mention it had various bugs and occasionally crashed the server.

You're kidding, right? Fame may have had some significant periods of downtime, but never due to bugs and/or glitches. If I recall, they tunneled Gala's servers to gain access to the official files. There wasn't even any reverse engineered files, it was pure source. After Celestia made the Server Bypass on Fame, the official files leaked. As for bugs, any bugs on Fame were bugs on eFly at the time.

Celestia came long after Fame was hacked. YannickMama exploited a windows flaw, he had nothing to do with Celestia. Deadly was using official binaries that had some modifications implemented via reverse engineering, he didn't have source until Noah hacked it in v15.

Anyways, the main issue of Fame was its poor management team. Could have named a dozen characters at the time that received spawned gear because they were friends of GMs. Fame was the first server and they did some fun things such as the azria revamp for the first Christmas. Other than being the first server, they didn't really bring anything to the table that current servers don't have now.

I terms of development, a fresh v15 compiled source is better than what they were offering. In terms of management, I know a few servers that have much better management teams than Fame.

What you're seeing is purely nostalgia. If Fame's original team opened a server now, it wouldn't succeed. It succeeded because it was the only server with official files at the time. That's all there is to it I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back