Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Back to oldschool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was playing on US FlyFF when it was v6 until v11 or v12 and then I started playing on FlyForFame. That was really nice time, but unfortunately Fame felt down and noone made that good server as Fame. Now Im wondering about making clean v15 server, with some features, rates like on Fame. What do you think about this guys? I could give money for server machine, for graphic designer etc. but all I need is good developer who will deal with all troubles with server. We could play again like on old times. Is anyone interested?

Reaction score
I'd be most willing to play something v13-v15 era too, but it'd be hard to make a large player-base for something like that, especially since it's more of a nostalgic feel. Even if enough people try it and enjoy it at first, soon enough players would get satisfied and leave (I would probably be guilty of this myself), and there wouldn't be enough that stay to make the game playable. All of the top servers are on par (or beyond) with the number of features eFlyff has, and they're the servers that will attract the most attention from your average player who just wants features.

Good luck if you try to continue this, but also maybe make a post in Team Recruitment, since that's where this probably should have gone.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please refer to this post.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/days-private-servers-past-987012/#post7982779

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen this sort of post...

The effect you're looking for is nostalgia. V19 really doesn't differ much in terms of gameplay from v11-v15. If you want slower leveling, that's understandable. However, I don't understand why you would want v11/v15 other than for the effect of nostalgia, which will only have short-term effects.

I'd argue the quality of the updates increased in terms of the graphics and effects in general. You can argue that most of the updates prior to v10 were based on cash shop. This is somewhat true, but that doesn't mean these updates hurt a private server, considering most of the items sold in cash shop can be found in NPC.

There are a few key points that using older server files would offer, such as v6 PK, or forcing players to level in madrigal, but these are points that can easily be added to a server running v19.

I sometimes feel like making a long post explaining why the idea of running old version servers is bad and just linking everyone that suggests this to that post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I heavily disagree with that post.
Nostalgia is a thing, and to prefer older versions over the new ones another. Nostalgia might play a little role in why we'd rather play on older versions, but one can simply be disgusted of the changes or how the game turned out over the years. To me, FlyFF, and many other korean MMORPG I used to play like 7-8 years ago, just took the wrong path. It's not about the gameplay, but how the community organize itself around and in the game, how people play the game and interact with each other. To me, this is a very complex thing that private servers after Fame didn't managed to do because they modified it. Just look at the current WoW players. Most of them I spoke to just agreed that the versions they enjoyed the most was pre-BC, BC and the beginning of WOTLK, although they still enjoy the game on official servers. Still, some of them went to BC private servers, and not only because of nostalagia, but because in their mind the game just got fucked up. The experience changed in a way they think suck. Just like WoW, I would only play FlyFF on v6(which basically seems to be heavily modified v15 servers) - v15 servers that have as little modifications as possible because I don't like what FlyFF is now, either on official servers or not. Any server trailer I see or description I read doesn't even reflect FlyFF to me, simply because that's absolutely not how I see the FlyFF experience. I want to play FlyFF, not an heavily modified stupid mod of FlyFF in terms of graphics and mechanics. Putting something like naruto CS sets is a Ducking disgusting thing to do. You know, it's like mixing Pokemon and Marvel comics. Stupid. When you modify that experience, even with little things, such as modifying the maps, the items or even the classes, it creates a disgusting feeling to old players who enjoyed the true world of FlyFF. Not because of that nostalgia feeling, but because we have our own vision of what FlyFF is and that has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia. Tbh if I was looking for a new MMORPG to play, I would never play what FlyFF currently is and would just be annoyed at all the CS sets / complex and useless things that were added for the last 4 years and made the game the most stupid p2w game that has ever been played on earth, v15 being to me the last playable version without that much of p2w mechanics. All the HL players I knew since Lawolf until the french official server just left the game because " it's not FlyFF anymore, just a stupid mod of what it used to be". And yes, FlyFF absolutely IS an hardcore game and it was made like that. "Slow" exp plays a huge part on what FlyFF experience means to me. It shapes, along with the whole content the game has to offer, the community and how players interact and play. Nostalgia is a very cheap argument to describe the rightful feeling of enjoying old versions more when it only plays a small role.

Last edited:
Reactions: c42
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nostalgia is a thing, and to prefer older versions over the new ones another. Nostalgia might play a little role in why we'd rather play on older versions, but one can simply be disgusted of the changes or how the game turned out over the years. To me, FlyFF, and many other korean MMORPG I used to play like 7-8 years ago, just took the wrong path. It's not about the gameplay, but how the community organize itself around and in the game, how people play the game and interact with each other. To me, this is a very complex thing that private servers after Fame didn't managed to do because they modified it. Just look at the current WoW players. Most of them I spoke to just agreed that the versions they enjoyed the most was pre-BC, BC and the beginning of WOTLK, although they still enjoy the game on official servers. Still, some of them went to BC private servers, and not only because of nostalagia, but because in their mind the game just got fucked up. The experience changed in a way they think suck. Just like WoW, I would only play FlyFF on v6(which basically seems to be heavily modified v15 servers) - v15 servers that have as little modifications as possible because I don't like what FlyFF is now, either on official servers or not. Any server trailer I see or description I read doesn't even reflect FlyFF to me, simply because that's absolutely not how I see the FlyFF experience. I want to play FlyFF, not an heavily modified stupid mod of FlyFF in terms of graphics and mechanics. Putting something like naruto CS sets is a Ducking disgusting thing to do. You know, it's like mixing Pokemon and Marvel comics. Stupid. When you modify that experience, even with little things, such as modifying the maps, the items or even the classes, it creates a disgusting feeling to old players who enjoyed the true world of FlyFF. Not because of that nostalgia feeling, but because we have our own vision of what FlyFF is and that has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia. Tbh if I was looking for a new MMORPG to play, I would never play what FlyFF currently is and would just be annoyed at all the CS sets / complex and useless things that were added for the last 4 years and made the game the most stupid p2w game that has ever been played on earth, v15 being to me the last playable version without that much of p2w mechanics. All the HL players I knew since Lawolf until the french official server just left the game because " it's not FlyFF anymore, just a stupid mod of what it used to be". And yes, FlyFF absolutely IS an hardcore game and it was made like that. "Slow" exp plays a huge part on what FlyFF experience means to me. It shapes, along with the whole content the game has to offer, the community and how players interact and play. Nostalgia is a very cheap argument to describe the rightful feeling of enjoying old versions more when it only plays a small role.

I agree with most of your post, with the exception of premium sets of other games, animes, etc. There are alot of games that do that, and in my opinion it doesn't change anything in the gameplay, at all.

Nostalgia is not this case, some people just dislike these overpowered servers out there today. :)

c42

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I agree with you in nearly all points. I think Flyff has taken a few wrong, uncreative and money-focused steps which caused many people to have their own vision of a better Flyff, strengthened in places that Gala simply overlooked, forgot or didn't prioritize. All that was essentially done was implement another map, another system to make players lose their overview even more and just for a better economy sink. I had a few playing breaks between v7 and v19 and each time I returned to Flyff, there was always some kind of new system, making me ask myself why they can't come up with anything else.
But that's what we're there for. To make Flyff a better game to play than the makers were able to do. What we have is the passion that we can reflect on our creativity and ideas.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Firstly, duck you for making me read that wall of text.

Second, explain to me how the game got fucked up exactly post v15. The game has always been pay2win 100%. In v6 I could throw $10,000 on the game and make best character via selling gpot items. That is pay2win.

Ask pretty much any Flyff player whether or not they think grinding is boring. Boring mindless gameplay doesn't equate to "hardcore" gameplay. Look at WoW heroic raids. THAT is hardcore PvE gameplay. Attempting raids hundreds of times just to master the difficult mechanics. All Flyff leveling offers is a contest to see who can waste the most time doing something without putting any thought into it.

I'll agree on you with the Naruto fashion, but practically every Flyff pserver player will disagree; so that's a moot point.

As for nostalgia being a cheap argument... Make a pure v6 or v11 or v15 pserver and get it to #1 position if you think that's what players will enjoy. Only then will I even consider that the "oldschool" argument isn't purely nostalgia fueled.

I agree with you in nearly all points. I think Flyff has taken a few wrong, uncreative and money-focused steps which caused many people to have their own vision of a better Flyff, strengthened in places that Gala simply overlooked, forgot or didn't prioritize. All that was essentially done was implement another map, another system to make players lose their overview even more and just for a better economy sink. I had a few playing breaks between v7 and v19 and each time I returned to Flyff, there was always some kind of new system, making me ask myself why they can't come up with anything else.
But that's what we're there for. To make Flyff a better game to play than the makers were able to do. What we have is the passion that we can reflect on our creativity and ideas.

You say they can't come up with any ideas, but what ideas have you come up with? Tbh a lot of their updates post v11 were nice, like wings and instanced dungeons. Could they have done better? Of course, but I don't see anyone in the pserver scene raising the bar much higher than they did.

All I see on RaGEZONE is this same motherfucking thread coming up every few months with the same points being made. How many times have I seen oldschool pservers fail hard after the first week? If you think I'm wrong, go make a v6 pserver yourself. It's not like its difficult to strip away the updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back