Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why do people do this to their servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if it's only me but I absolutely hate it when people would make private servers and disregard any items flyff has to offer and create their imbalanced donate weapons/armors. I mean where's the fun anymore? We should farm to get our basic items, then farm to buy upgrade scrolls to we could face the dungeon boss in flyff but recently almost every server I stumbled upon has too much custom items that they sell bloody, lusaka, vampire, ancient items in shops and create like +500 str +100 adoch weapons thru rc or some crap and sell a donated weapon x5 of those bonuses.

Do note that i'm not only talking about those imbalanced items but every custom item provided because I know that they're hella overpowered to be fighting the boss monsters so unless it's a slight +10str or +5% attack boost it's not a legit weapon for the server

Is this flyffing nowadays? because if it is I've lost hope and I think i'll just play another game until a decent server shows up or all private servers that do this go down the ground.

Only a handful of servers gave the "true" flyff experience.

Feel free to flame me I just expressed my opinion on how I see is the way to play flyff

Banana
Reaction score
There are no servers that give the "true Flyff experience". That's just a term coined by private servers to grab players. An actual "true Flyff experience" would be taking days to grind on monsters, overpowered exclusive FWC sets, colossal level gap, relentless fashion updates, corrupt GM's, etc. People keep forgetting how bad of a state eFlyff is/was in. Whatever people in the community claim is a "true Flyff experience" is either just a ploy to gain players, or solely reflects their own personal opinion of how a Flyff server should be, and nothing more.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There are no servers that give the "true Flyff experience". That's just a term coined by private servers to grab players. An actual "true Flyff experience" would be taking days to grind on monsters, overpowered exclusive FWC sets, colossal level gap, relentless fashion updates, corrupt GM's, etc. People keep forgetting how bad of a state eFlyff is/was in. Whatever people in the community claim is a "true Flyff experience" is either just a ploy to gain players, or solely reflects their own personal opinion of how a Flyff server should be, and nothing more.

Okay, fair enough. Let's change it to a "flyff experience" whereas a "flyff experience" requires the basic elements of an rpg(level, class, quest etc), leveling, farming, raiding, siege'ing and etc. And when i'm talking about raiding i'm talking about getting something worth it not just raiding for the sake of calling it "raiding"

Banana
Reaction score
Okay, fair enough. Let's change it to a "flyff experience" whereas a "flyff experience" requires the basic elements of an rpg(level, class, quest etc), leveling, farming, raiding, siege'ing and etc. And when i'm talking about raiding i'm talking about getting something worth it not just raiding for the sake of calling it "raiding"

Or just call it a proper MMORPG.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Or just call it a proper MMORPG.

Although recent servers missed the "raiding" part and replaced it with shops w/ green and donate shop w/ imbalanced greens that doesn't seem to be on par with their flyff's monsters, it's fine if they would balance the monsters to fit in with the monsters, atleast with the raid monsters. That's the whole point of raiding, it's meant to be played with a group and stuff.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Coming from where Adler stands, the typical FlyFF private server is run by a 14 year old that has a little bit of extra money from their parents. I mean, servers have tried to run with that concept of "grind and shine" but it just never maintains a strong enough community to actually survive the months of voting. You have to think in the perspective of the "average private server player" because honestly, they don't want the "typical MMORPG experience", if they did, they'd go play the official servers which were actually programmed by paid, professional developers. Not some random kids with a couple years of un-official experience.

It's just a money game now, and it's the mindset of the private-server community that inspire that. Nobody wants to feel like they're not the best, so if they can invest 500$ into a game, and be the very top of something... these little nerds feel like they're important. Server owners profit off of the insecurity of 14 year old Filipino kids. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
Most server owners tend to not plan for the future, they just throw bigger and bigger numbers at their problems rather than dealing with them.

Bonus stats are like drugs that make you feel good even if you don't really have a reason to, because without bonus stats cheering you up from time to time players wake up to what a crappy playing experience they've had.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
mostly because it's a private server, if the features they offer was mostly like original flyff people wont leave original server to play a private server.
new players don't want to 'waste' their time by leveling and doing aoe's, they want to have max level in less than 1 day so thats what lacks the 'true flyff experience' as you call it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
mostly because it's a private server, if the features they offer was mostly like original flyff people wont leave original server to play a private server.
new players don't want to 'waste' their time by leveling and doing aoe's, they want to have max level in less than 1 day so thats what lacks the 'true flyff experience' as you call it.

I agree most players want to level fast as hell, although, I feel original flyff people might switch to a pserver that offered the "true flyff experience" just for the fact that the developing and staff would be much more active than the original flyff.

Owner
Reaction score
Well i did run an low and high rate server with imballanced stats. And i know for an fact that the low server had not that much of an player base compared to an high rate with imballanced stuff.

What i planned was not only to increase the stats on weapons/cs etc but also make the mobs harder according to the high dammage players can dish out.
So in fact it remains the same you still need an group of players to defeat some mobs while maintaining the satisfaction of players to deal high ammount of damage.

Think about this. 70% of the players(Maybe more) aint feeling like leveling anymore. They just whant to siege and become the top 1 in PVP battle.
Thats why you see so much servers where you dont have to level anymore. The only thing for P-server owners to do with this kind of p-servers is to keep the players interestted with end game things.

However i agree i rather play an decent low rate server so that you have an feeling yes i accomplished something then be the best overall with my eyes closed.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how much "server rates" is fine?

If the server tend to full siege, then they configure it to get max lv in 1 ~ 2 minutes..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
some flyff servers are just overpowered, also its pay2win for p-servers wp;.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
how much "server rates" is fine?

If the server tend to full siege, then they configure it to get max lv in 1 ~ 2 minutes..

Servers should just max the players out when they're created if they're going for that sort of thing. Take a lesson from the WoW PVP fun servers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if it's only me but I absolutely hate it when people would make private servers and disregard any items flyff has to offer and create their imbalanced donate weapons/armors. I mean where's the fun anymore? We should farm to get our basic items, then farm to buy upgrade scrolls to we could face the dungeon boss in flyff but recently almost every server I stumbled upon has too much custom items that they sell bloody, lusaka, vampire, ancient items in shops and create like +500 str +100 adoch weapons thru rc or some crap and sell a donated weapon x5 of those bonuses.

Do note that i'm not only talking about those imbalanced items but every custom item provided because I know that they're hella overpowered to be fighting the boss monsters so unless it's a slight +10str or +5% attack boost it's not a legit weapon for the server

Is this flyffing nowadays? because if it is I've lost hope and I think i'll just play another game until a decent server shows up or all private servers that do this go down the ground.

Only a handful of servers gave the "true" flyff experience.

Feel free to flame me I just expressed my opinion on how I see is the way to play flyff

Don't worry, good times will be back as soon as people start to feel the emptiness on those kind of servers :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Flyff itself would need to be a proper game, before we can talk about proper Private Servers.

I liked Magma Flyff, but their end game content fell in line with all the other PServers, boring and flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back