Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What do you think about g potato in general or what games do you play there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows g potato host eflyff. My personal expiriance with their costumer service is kinda bad ( with other games too) maybe because I make fun of them a lot uhm...
I played Flyff, allods and luna :)

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Gpotato is the host, it sucks but it doesn't have much of an effect on the game's development. Galalabs however is a really bad example of how a company should be ran. Gpotato & Galalabs have nothing but corrupt GM's, corrupt players with extremely unfair items and CS (FWC CS, alchemy shenanigans), a money grubbing CEO who doesn't listen to its players or care about the game and overall bad service. If you want to learn from another companies mistakes in order to improve yourself, just study those two.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know what it is about Flyff but it has my appeal ... Gpotato sucks hard core poop , I spent hours with tech support for them to tell me to buy gpotatos (I bought gpots , but it never went through).... ._.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Gpotato is doing great. Everything is fine because they know how to make money.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
only played Rappelz and Iris besides flyff. games go great until you almost need to get gpots to survive and grind your butt off. its like they look for these games. gpotato sucks as far as customer service goes but excel in getting every penny from the ignorant as they can.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When i was eFlyFF player, i had very ugly experience with the host, it was very laggy. and i was hacked liked 1234324 times.
Nah, the only MMORPG i ever played was only Flyff.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
gPotato games I've played, in order:
- FlyFF, got to level 117 back when that was actually an accomplishment, now I just show up for betas (4 hour buffs ftw) and lurk here in the development areas.
- Tried Allods and Aika, quit early on each simply due to lack of interest (probably would've stuck with Allods if I had someone to play with).
- Modded on Heroes of Gaia while also being literally the most hated person on the server. From what I've been told the CM would cringe when I was mentioned (months after the game was discontinued) because I gave her such a hard time.
- Dabbled in Rappelz, thought it looked pretty good but just didn't really keep my attention.
- Played Iris for 2 weeks, got a permanent global ban, got the AP and a mod fired for it.
- Modded on Prius, still have mod powers in one section and can see the hidden sections even though I resigned in early August.

Overall impression of gPotato:

Honestly, it's a mix. As a company, they're horrible, and most of the problems are in senior management with department heads that don't really care about the states of their games or playerbase. In terms of some of the individual staff, honestly, from actually spending time talking to some of them, they actually have some really nice, really cool people working there. Not all of the GMs are good (such as the old brFlyFF producer ~_~), but they've got a fair number of good guys there. The biggest problem is that between the incompetent devs, the incompetent managers, and the occasional incompetent coworker, the good GMs can't really do much more than try to keep the ship from sinking even faster.

Oh and the engineers spend all their time playing pingpong. I'm not kidding.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I liked Luna and Iris online but like typical gPotato fashion both games got ruined with CS items.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Gpotato has potential but they're not taking advantage of it.

They have potential when they start a new game. They got some really great games, until they begin selling CS for it. It is extremely unfair advantages you get from it, and it is aimed directly at paying a lot of money = best character. It is a very wrong way to take advantage of that especially in a game like FlyFF where you can literally pay your way to the top, that is of course my opinion and it kind of disgusts me when companies ruin their games with such.

There is so many ways they could have earned just as many money without boosting their paying players significantly.

Reaction score
They have potential when they start a new game. They got some really great games, until they begin selling CS for it. It is extremely unfair advantages you get from it, and it is aimed directly at paying a lot of money = best character. It is a very wrong way to take advantage of that especially in a game like FlyFF where you can literally pay your way to the top, that is of course my opinion and it kind of disgusts me when companies ruin their games with such.

There is so many ways they could have earned just as many money without boosting their paying players significantly.

Like what? I wouldn't pay for a flyff membership :thumbdown:

I do agree that the CS gpotato gives out is ridiculous but I think its essential to keep gpotato online.

All they need to do is balance things out just a little bit and upgrade a few engines and flyff would be an awesome game

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I do agree that the CS gpotato gives out is ridiculous but I think its essential to keep gpotato online.

All they need to do is balance things out just a little bit and upgrade a few engines and flyff would be an awesome game

There is tons of things they could sell in-game without boosting players beyond not paying.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Fashion sets usually make the most money without overpowering.

But now they have blessings for CS which adds stats = overpowering.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't see how buff pang did anything but improve the game.
It's not unfair, since all players have access to it and it makes the boring
levels go faster.

Reaction score
I used to play eflyff but stopped after been hacked 2 times, a low lvled account with 67-83 chars and a 111 AoE RM and a 99-M jester

i also played TalesRunner but today they closed it ;c

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Seriously, how you guys get your account hacked?

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stupidity.
I hate how the term "hack" is used to describe stupid passwords
and lack of securing your own passwords.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Stupidity.
I hate how the term "hack" is used to describe stupid passwords
and lack of securing your own passwords.
Probly gave his password to one of his "friends" :thumbdown:
Or registrated to a wrong website using his e-mail + same pass + same user s eFlyff.

Most common mistake :eek:tt1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back