Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A question to the Flyff community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No more questions will be asked here. Thanks
OfficialG5 - A question to the Flyff community. - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It u mean only a new world then No thanx.
New world with new monsters new weapons new Systems and new quests then yes plz:D

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just because people say that they want something, doesn't mean they'll actually play it. Also, RaGEZONE isn't going to give you the general opinion of the current Flyff players considering it consists mainly of developers.

I'll answer B, because making large changes isn't necessarily a good idea at this point because of maintainability issues. A better idea would be to recode the entire game, but this would require a team and time.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You could have made a poll when you create a thread. That would have made it much more overseeable. I would chooce C. When i see total conversion servers i'm mostly done within no time. I want to find some sort of 'known' experience. Not relearn a game wich you learned otherwise.

And mootie, if you dun want to do anything anymore with ragezone and flyff than just dun come here :eek: Pretty confusing when 1 say you quitted everything considering flyff and otherwise you're still posting here. What is it gonna be?

Loyal Member
Reaction score
You could have made a poll when you create a thread. That would have made it much more overseeable. I would chooce C. When i see total conversion servers i'm mostly done within no time. I want to find some sort of 'known' experience. Not relearn a game wich you learned otherwise.

Next time, use Google translator.

And mootie, if you dun want to do anything anymore with ragezone and flyff than just dun come here :eek: Pretty confusing when 1 say you quitted everything considering flyff and otherwise you're still posting here. What is it gonna be?

This is a MMORPG development forum. I said I'm no longer affiliated with any private server, that doesn't mean I can't provide insight in game development. Anyways, I can do what I want with my free time. What business is it of yours?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Haha you so funny.

Good post Dex, good.

Seriously dude? I see you post all over, and few to none actually make any sort of plausible sense. He's not asking you if YOU finish the game quickly, he's asking you if you'd prefer to see a new world.. although he is being pretty vague concerning the actual basis of the topic.

Just because people say that they want something, doesn't mean they'll actually play it. Also, RaGEZONE isn't going to give you the general opinion of the current Flyff players considering it consists mainly of developers.

I'll answer B, because making large changes isn't necessarily a good idea at this point because of maintainability issues. A better idea would be to re-code the entire game, but this would require a team and time.

I've talked to like.. four of the actually talented developers over the past week and they've all said that FlyFF was too disgusting to work with if one actually has programming background. If it's so bad, why don't a couple of you team up, and release an emulator that excels past the official files. It's a daunting task, and as much talk as people do on this forum (with little action), I almost doubt it's even possible.

In my own personal opinion, custom worlds are pointless. Revamping and remodeling the basis of the story-line in the current Madrigal would be much more time efficient and fit better in with the game. Unless you're planning on altering everything (including leveling grounds, shops, etc), then it's a hassle with little reward.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've talked to like.. four of the actually talented developers over the past week and they've all said that FlyFF was too disgusting to work with if one actually has programming background. If it's so bad, why don't a couple of you team up, and release an emulator that excels past the official files. It's a daunting task, and as much talk as people do on this forum (with little action), I almost doubt it's even possible.

Correct, recoding the game is not easy or even very plausible with this community. That being said, it's still a better idea than redoing the actual content or even just adding story to the game. Why? I believe that it's nearly impossible to create a stable and actively developed environment with the current unmanageable code base.

Sure, you could add some story content to improve the game temporarily. However, it's going to need hard coded features at some point, and that isn't easy to do without creating a handful of hidden bugs in the process. In my opinion, making a server and adding content/features with no intent of recoding the game means fooling players into believing your server is stable and will be available in the future. The only reward to doing this is personal monetary gain, which doesn't justify running a private server in terms of ethics(in my opinion at least).

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
mootie, you just made my day!

It was so &%#%funny to hear you say:
The only reward to doing this is personal monetary gain, which doesn't justify running a private server in terms of ethics(in my opinion at least).

Do i hear the magicain himself finally tell his secret magical trick?

Good day,
Worf.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
mootie, you just made my day!

It was so &%#%funny to hear you say:

Good day,
Worf.

Why aren't you banned yet? God, the pure amount of blasphemy you spew from your posts offends me. Be quiet, please; save this forum the pain of having to read your posts.

Correct, recoding the game is not easy or even very plausible with this community. That being said, it's still a better idea than redoing the actual content or even just adding story to the game. Why? I believe that it's nearly impossible to create a stable and actively developed environment with the current unmanageable code base.

Sure, you could add some story content to improve the game temporarily. However, it's going to need hard coded features at some point, and that isn't easy to do without creating a handful of hidden bugs in the process. In my opinion, making a server and adding content/features with no intent of recoding the game means fooling players into believing your server is stable and will be available in the future. The only reward to doing this is personal monetary gain, which doesn't justify running a private server in terms of ethics(in my opinion at least).

I don't believe it's impossible (un-plausible, perhaps) but not impossible. With the talent of developers in our midst, it wouldn't be an impossible challenge to re-code and release a stable platform. It would take the matter of two very talented and devoted programmers to accomplish such a task in a timely manner. I think working in teams is wonderful, but not in this context. Maybe a small group of the most skilled developers, and this is nothing but achievable.

Loyal Member
Reaction score

I worked with private servers as a learning experience. I've told you this many times. Does changing your RaGEZONE username from SilentNL to Worf also allow you to disregard everything I told you before your name change?

Anyways, the owners of many top private servers operate for the sole purpose of personal monetary gain, such as InsanityFlyff, EclipseFlyff, FlyforHero, and FlyforFantasy. If my "secret magical trick" was the same as theirs, why were none of them as successful? Your logic is flawed as usual, and your false statement supports the fact that you're wrong.

For the record, I never spent any of the money players donated on anything personal. Also, the majority of the time I ran a pserver, the profit was negative because I pay all privileged staff members to assure quality and reduce risk of betrayal. You can have your ridiculous conspiracy theories, but that's all they'll ever be. Ridiculous conspiracy theories.

dotDeo; said:
I don't believe it's impossible (un-plausible, perhaps) but not impossible. With the talent of developers in our midst, it wouldn't be an impossible challenge to re-code and release a stable platform. It would take the matter of two very talented and devoted programmers to accomplish such a task in a timely manner. I think working in teams is wonderful, but not in this context. Maybe a small group of the most skilled developers, and this is nothing but achievable.

I just don't see it happening at this time, but maybe eventually. I've always wanted to make a Flyff sequel.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I just don't see it happening at this time, but maybe eventually. I've always wanted to make a Flyff sequel.

I feel as if it doesn't occur soon, we'll have no developers left to handle such a daunting task..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should do it.

I feel as if it doesn't occur soon, we'll have no developers left to handle such a daunting task..
I concur.

Original Question:
I personally do not mind a complete new madrigal. I personally love uber low rates, so my opinion is probably non-valid if you're thinking of everyone that plays flyff servers.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I worked with private servers as a learning experience. I've told you this many times. Does changing your RaGEZONE username from SilentNL to Worf also allow you to disregard everything I told you before your name change?

Anyways, the owners of many top private servers operate for the sole purpose of personal monetary gain, such as InsanityFlyff, EclipseFlyff, FlyforHero, and FlyforFantasy. If my "secret magical trick" was the same as theirs, why were none of them as successful? Your logic is flawed as usual, and your false statement supports the fact that you're wrong.

For the record, I never spent any of the money players donated on anything personal. Also, the majority of the time I ran a pserver, the profit was negative because I pay all privileged staff members to assure quality and reduce risk of betrayal. You can have your ridiculous conspiracy theories, but that's all they'll ever be. Ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I don't use any of heros donations, luckily I was born with an immense amount of fortune bestowed upon me when my great grandfather passed away leaving me in excess of over 10 million dollars.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't use any of heros donations, luckily I was born with an immense amount of fortune bestowed upon me when my great grandfather passed away leaving me in excess of over 10 million dollars.

If I had 10 million dollars, I would fund the private server I work for and hire as many staff as possible, as well as make the cash shop a lot cheaper, although I don't see you doing that.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If I had ten million dollars, I've had purchased RaGEZoNE, purchased DeadlyData, purchased mootie, purchased GTop100, and just set myself at the top, and then, of course; hired other hackers to destroy everyone who sees themselves as competition..

.. but we're getting off-track, none of us have ten million dollars. Dex, was your great grandfather really THAT brilliant at monopoly? By God, ten million is a lot of play cash.

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Are you still trolling with your conspiracy theories after your last failed miserably? Some people never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back