Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question]How do people get the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well yeah, title says most.
It always amazed me that when a new version comes out the server files and / or source is released almost immedeately.

So how is this so easily possible? And how do people get the source?

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well yeah, title says most.
It always amazed me that when a new version comes out the server files and / or source is released almost immedeately.

So how is this so easily possible? And how do people get the source?
please check the section more often.
Only version 15 source got released/leaked the rest are based on that source :)

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Hmm, but still there are servers who have official v19 source (not upgraded by themselves).
So yeah, still wondering how they got them.
leaked ready files from some of the officials thai or other country.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
leaked ready files from some of the officials thai or other country.

Just to clarify, "leaked" implies an employee of one of the Flyff publishers distributed the files to someone who then distributed the files to others. I don't believe there have been any actual leaks from officials since v11ish, but I may be wrong. Usually, publishers with lesser security are hacked to obtain files.

Also, to my knowledge, actual source code has never been obtained other than the v15 source that is released everywhere. Most of the hacking incidents have involved server files(binaries and resource) being hacked, rather than actual source code.

Reaction score
Just to clarify, "leaked" implies an employee of one of the Flyff publishers distributed the files to someone who then distributed the files to others. I don't believe there have been any actual leaks from officials since v11ish, but I may be wrong. Usually, publishers with lesser security are hacked to obtain files.

Also, to my knowledge, actual source code has never been obtained other than the v15 source that is released everywhere. Most of the hacking incidents have involved server files(binaries and resource) being hacked, rather than actual source code.

If only the people in the Rose Online Section where so awesome. I actually know that some servers have the source on their dedi.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Fairly sure I talked to Slinky about v11 and he claims that TDx tunneled into the servers to get the files (and alter their own characters in the process) I remember seeing a significant amount of threads concerning TDxDarkSilent on FlyFFWorld and the official discussion boards. Since then, the v15 was just v11 with v15 modifications (I believe). I don't think v15 was leaked, but I may be wrong.

As for everything else, you're right. Each new "version" is simply binaries and resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back