Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Re-design Skill tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re-design Skill tree

Hi Ragezoners,

What i want to ask is how about an complete overhaul of the skill tree?
What i have in mind is removing all the skills, and only add those skills that are usefull and or beeing used?

Since we have 8 classes and with the code of Class select at Character creation i thought why not let every player start as an level 1 with only the last class. Slayer/Templar etc.

So removing of the Master/Hero skill
Re-design the Skill tree so it will not show the other classes.
And from there implant the correct skills that are actuale beeing used?

Is this an good idea or an bad one.
If you could also elebarate why its an bad or good idea so that i can discuss this internaly.

With kind regards.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The Flyff skill system is pretty crappy especially on pservers since it's very easy to get master and max out all skills. It could definitely use work, but you'd have to do it in an extremely intuitive way, seeing as most players that play private servers aren't willing to learn. The job system itself is pretty redundant, but it's not like it's cumbersome. It takes players all of 15 minutes to get their second job on most pservers, which makes the idea of giving it to them from the start somewhat redundant.

Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your eleberation.

Indeed the skill system is crappy. Thats way i wanted to redesign it. So remove all unneccesary skills also make it so that all skills only have 1 point to max it out. In that case you could make it more balanced. Also by giving all the players the final job will clean up the source an bit.(SkillTree) so you only have 1 class with several skills.

I know that players are not willing to learn so the skills will also max out as soon as you reach the required level for the skill.

Now i intend to have an Max level of 150 on the server so skills must be devided by that so you have every couple of levels an new skill available.

Let say every 10 levels 1 skill. so With 15 skills or less it is an bit balanced. (Still need to figure out what is the best way since some classes will have more and some classes have less)

Reaction score
Thank you for your eleberation.

Indeed the skill system is crappy. Thats way i wanted to redesign it. So remove all unneccesary skills also make it so that all skills only have 1 point to max it out. In that case you could make it more balanced. Also by giving all the players the final job will clean up the source an bit.(SkillTree) so you only have 1 class with several skills.

I know that players are not willing to learn so the skills will also max out as soon as you reach the required level for the skill.

Now i intend to have an Max level of 150 on the server so skills must be devided by that so you have every couple of levels an new skill available.

Let say every 10 levels 1 skill. so With 15 skills or less it is an bit balanced. (Still need to figure out what is the best way since some classes will have more and some classes have less)

If you plan on having the player select their 3rd job when they make their character (which I wouldn't suggest for the official game, but mostly every player on a private server already knows which 3rd job they want to be), then the system I would like is just show all the skills (that you dont think are useless) in one window, like you're saying.

But instead of them all being available from the start, I would group them into level groups (so classes with a lot of skills just have more skills per group). So (for a slayer for example) basic mercenary skills available at level 1, then more at 25, 50. Then add some blade skills at 75, 100, 125. And then slayer skills at 150. The way you said it made it seem like you can choose any skills every ~10 levels, but I think the strong +atk or AoE skills shouldn't be available to unlock at low levels, there should be requirements.

A way to mix these together is to have players get skill points for each level-up, and the good skills (like +atk or AoE) would just take more skill points than more basic ones (sword/axe mastery, weak merc skills) to unlock. But I also agree with only 1 level to MAX, so skill points would only be for unlocking rather than also leveling them.

Last edited:
Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you cuvvvie for your point of view.

the way how skill points will be available is something i will look further into it.

so far i have done are the Slayer and Templar. Also added 1 new skill to slayer that will be a group buff.

These skills are available for slayer
--Sneaker (Added Cooldown time)
--Empower Weapon( Increases Atk Power by 11% for 1 Minute) Cooldown of 1.5 min
--Smite Axe(Need to adjust this)
--Axe Mastery(Also need to fine tune this)
--Blazing Sword
--Sword Mastery
--Blade Dance(AOE)
--Spring Attack
--Berserk
--New Group Buff(Will increase Atk Power for group but also will lower Defence of the group)

Also what i have in mind is that for group buffs that if you leave the party all group buffs will be gone.
So in that case you need to be in the party making partying an little bit more usefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back