Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reviving FlyFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Since there are still flyff lovers out there and some good developers are still in scene. Why not remove all this hate between developers and make a new server that has the best flyff developers?
I mean, by doing this we can revive the good times of flyff and actually having a goal when playing.
Original Flyff is now poop since Flyff Gold and Webzen came out.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not just original flyff almost every private server is Ducking terrible, Any server that you play is pay2win this made me quit also the 'Flyff Gold' theme should be deleted not matter what.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Honestly, the FlyFF gold theme isn't too bad. I don't understand what is so bad with it, its just the action slot part that is annoying, besides just a generally ugly color composition for how the theme was done. Other than that, it's just poop balance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes and that's my point, why not make a perfect private server that is not pay to win developed by the best flyff devs out there?

Honestly, the FlyFF gold theme isn't too bad. I don't understand what is so bad with it, its just the action slot part that is annoying, besides just a generally ugly color composition for how the theme was done. Other than that, it's just poop balance.

I do like FlyFF Gold (Theme) yeah, but since the update came out introducing flyff gold and webzen bought Flyff, everything became worse.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes and that's my point, why not make a perfect private server that is not pay to win developed by the best flyff devs out there?

they need moneys to run server.

I do like FlyFF Gold (Theme) yeah, but since the update came out introducing flyff gold and webzen bought Flyff, everything became worse.

they could re-organize the 'Gold Theme' I don't like it all should be replaced with something else ot at least make some adjustments to it.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
of course but with creative mind they can gain profit with no pay to win

Unfortunately these days if you don't have items you can donate for that don't give at least a little boost over normal players people just don't see the point in donating

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Impossible. Developers all use different styles of their coding, and some would say that others code is "crappy" based on the way they write theirs. Regardless, developers in this scene simply don't get along. Some think they're the best, some don't think anything and that's the problem. Egos are ridiculous and have been ridiculous since the moment FlyFF was made to be compatible with private-server stuff. Not ever going to happen, ever. Lol.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I know this is probably a dumb thing to say. But i'm going to anyways I'm creating a free private server just for people to have fun it might suck because I am just learning how to {code!} haha who cares thought it's all about just having a good time! =]. oh and yeah getting all the developers together will probably never happen sadly.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I know this is probably a dumb thing to say. But i'm going to anyways I'm creating a free private server just for people to have fun it might suck because I am just learning how to {code!} haha who cares thought it's all about just having a good time! =]. oh and yeah getting all the developers together will probably never happen sadly.
Did you really need to say that?

Flyff is just dead. Many developers left ranging from amateurs to *professionals* for the simple fact of people stealing their stuff, using it to gain money and not even giving them credits. And as Logicol said, every developer has a different coding style, and if a developer isn't mature enough, he will think that he has the best coding style (lol) and everything is alright.
I'm not sure if Mootie is still around here but, we (the old guys) know that he was the founder of the top private server, and yet, he was very helpful to a lot of amateur developers, we also see jopsi's very nice progress on his stuff, but as I said, and as we can see, a lot of his stuff got stolen and released..
We also saw Jcdace's epic work on just... remaking flyff. And again, same stuff happened, work got released for a temporary period of time (not sure if its still up) and he left the flyff scene.

So how can we revive flyff? We can not, and no one can.
A solution that needs a lot of discussion between developers would be to just remake a game similar to flyff using modern stuff (flyff is still on DX8, we are on DX12...) but.. that's kinda hard with this community as most of the developers here do not want to learn how to develop and progress their developing skills and way of thinking, but just botch the code and get a working thing out of it. E.g: Most of the people here do not know that today's game, mostly are scripted in a scripting language and not coded in C++ or whatever. C++ is used to glue components together and get the base program ready, then the rest is done with a scripting language like LUA/Angel Script, even python can be used. As for the UI, I'm pretty sure that most of the devs here again, are not aware that today's game are literary using a web browser (E.G: Chromium) in their game as an UI framework.

Anyway, if any developers are up for this idea, just PM me and we will try to make a team, then try to get something out of it.

An other benefit of making a game similar to Flyff is legal money.

These are maybe my last two cents for the FlyFF community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back