Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stupid things in the source files..

Status
Not open for further replies.
0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If CPU would handle graphics, then there's no reason what-so-ever to implement the d3d stuff..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
dude if cpu/ram handles graphic then noone will be able to run flyff ? If they do then their gods lol

I've created games through XNA that ran both CPU and GPU exclusive. Obvious choice is GPU, hands down but yes it can be done. XNA is the next step from Managed DX code. You can work with both but its better to let the GPU handle all graphics. That was the whole reason for creating AGP slots and kick butt graphic cards. btw, I would recommend against Intel processors for games.

If CPU would handle graphics, then there's no reason what-so-ever to implement the d3d stuff..

you can still use the CPU to handle graphics. Although that is just outdated today, today meaning the last 5 years.

The point is you need to see if all the graphics work is being handled by the GPU. Some of the code suggests otherwise but mostly it is. Why buy the 500 dollar gfx card if you can't even use it to its fullest potential?

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Who would buy a 500 dollar graphics card for flyff...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Uh, nobody. Its the sheer principle of it all. The game uses around 20% of its full potential. There could be better water rendering (i.e. reflections, bump mapping), water physics, particle system, the list goes on. It needs a 2011 upgrade.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
why exactly would you recommend against Intel processors for games?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
AMD processors are designed with a bigger pipeline for processing a multitude of data. They were designed to be affordable for gamers and tailored as such.

Now I'm not saying you would not use Intel but studies have proven they are more for the workforce computers or people who don't use it for gaming. Up until about 5 years ago, AMD cornered the market on multiprocessors. Intel has their Core Duos and x64 processors but benchmarking the two will always yield AMD as the better competitor.

If I were to build a PC for a company, I would go with Intel. If I were to build a PC for a teenage gamer, I would go for AMD and either the duo or the quad processors. Of course, the GPU comes into play,this is true, however, all information goes to the CPU and then is rerouted to the GPU if need be.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I have Intel and I use my computer for a multitude of things, including gaming and I've never had any issues. I'm pretty sure my current RAM speed is the only thing slowing me down, but that's another story altogether lol

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Might not be your files at all that could be your Video card going bad or not that great of one.

I'm sorry to say it, but you're an idiot.

Firstly, you didn't even read the entire first post, much less anything else in the thread.

Secondly, I have an nVidia Geforce GTX 560 which I got a few months ago, so that's definitely not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back