Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What's more important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So, I was thinking about this when I went running earlier today.. I may be addicted.. that wasn't what I was thinking about, but I was actually thinking about what aspects of a server are most vitally important to the success of that said server. I created a thread last night, found here that basically lists the necessities to creating a worthwhile server.. but what's the most important?

So, I categorized it like this.. since I'm sort of a nerd. I'm looking at a hierarchy, which will show all aspects of in-game and out-game all concluding to the success of a server. So, as I see it..

1. FlyFF Server

1a. Website
1a, a. Graphics
1a, a, a. Light
1a, a, b. Dark
1a, a, c. Professional Text and Write-Ups​
1a, b. Systems
1a, b, a. News Feed
1a, b, b. Item Mall
1a, b, c. Automated Voting Scripts
1a, b, d. Automated Donation
1a, b, e. Ranking Algorithm
1a, b, f. Chatting Mechanism​
1a, c. Discussion Boards​
1a, c, a. Board Template
1a, c, a, a. Xeno
1a, c, a, b. vBulletin
1a, c, a, c. phpBB3
1a, c, a, d. Vanilla
1a, c, a, e. SMF
1a, c, a, f. Invision Power Boards
1a, c, a, g. MyBB​
1a, c, b. Popularity
1a, c, c. Theme
1a, c, d. Moderation​

2a. Server
2a, a. Endgame
2a, a, a. Bosses
2a, a, b. Arena
2a, a, c. Dungeons
2a, a, d. Automated Endgame Systems​
2a, b. Balance
2a, b, a. Player vs. Player
2a, b, b. Player vs. Monster
2a, b, c. Skills
2a, b, d. Weapons and Equipment​
2a, c. Customs
2a, c, a. Bosses
2a, c, b. Weapons and Equipment
2a, c, c. In-game Items
2a, c, d. Systems​
2a, d. Systems
2a, d, a. Player vs. Player
2a, d, b. Player Hosted Eventing
2a, d, c. Automated Player vs. Monster
2a, d, d. End-game​
2a, e. Rates​
2a, e, a. Low
2a, e, b. Medium
2a, e, c. High
2a, e, d. Extreme
2a, e, e. Extremely Low​

Now, as I see it.. I think the discussion board and website are ultimately more important than the in-game aspects, though I may be wrong. I've always felt that no matter how great the server is, if the website and discussion boards are trash, a loyal (voting) community will never be created. Though they go hand-in-hand, typically servers with both good websites and professionally created servers are the higher ranked amongst the ones on a toplist.. with the very top server usually being the dominate in both. I just wanted your opinion on what you find the most important aspect to securing successfulness in any typical server.

Feel free to discuss!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, I was thinking about this when I went running earlier today.. I may be addicted.. that wasn't what I was thinking about, but I was actually thinking about what aspects of a server are most vitally important to the success of that said server. I created a thread last night, found here that basically lists the necessities to creating a worthwhile server.. but what's the most important?

Now, as I see it.. I think the discussion board and website are ultimately more important than the in-game aspects, though I may be wrong. I've always felt that no matter how great the server is, if the website and discussion boards are trash, a loyal (voting) community will never be created. Though they go hand-in-hand, typically servers with both good websites and professionally created servers are the higher ranked amongst the ones on a toplist.. with the very top server usually being the dominate in both. I just wanted your opinion on what you find the most important aspect to securing successfulness in any typical server.

I might just want to add, category number 3. Server Team & Management; Imo, I think the most priority would be In-game stuff that you would like to add up to make your server stand out amongst all the other servers out there. Typically, players who sought to play for a new server would really look into the server features, if they find out that there's one thing that is really interesting about the server eventually they will end up giving it a try. Second, the website, it is essential for a particular server to have a good, stable, and working website. Not necessary if it has a good design for as long as it is user-friendly. Third, Discussion Board or what we also known as Forum, one thing is that players will visit is the forum(though I hate people who just jump into forum to check out for team vacancies) when players are in need of further information about the server, how to play, and all necessary stuffs to do before he/she can play. And lastly, the most important thing is to have dedicated staff members who aren't just doing things for exploiting in-game and forum rights but as well as to aim for a successful server.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I love the thought you put into that, Panda. I agree with a couple of your points, but regardless of how great the server is.. and the features contained on the actual server, I always closed the page far too early if the website was a piece of garbage.. basically because it reflects directly on the budget and overall creative and constructive ability of the team.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, exactly what I'm also going to do if I see their site as a garbage or crappy as hell. My point is, they need to put on more emphasis first on the game itself and the team as well. The website can be easily done if you already have a trusted and professional team.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yes, exactly what I'm also going to do if I see their site as a garbage or crappy as hell. My point is, they need to put on more emphasis first on the game itself and the team as well. The website can be easily done if you already have a trusted and professional team.

I agree, I agree. I've seen some pretty terrible looking websites with amazing teams. If I recall, Fame had a terrible website for quite some time, nevertheless; the design was being created by Deformed, but that's that. Emphasis on team and in-game playing is very important; I agree. Servers should have a good "features" tab that thoroughly describes a lot of the in-game endeavors.

Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree with both of you and willing to add an other point.

If your server is one of the best but you have an crappy staff. Players would also leave. And this is not good.
I think and its my opinion that even if you have no Unique futures but you have an good and active staff that nows what the hell they are doing it makes more fun. The play would be more enjoyable.

I rather play on an clean v15 with nothing else thats added and have an good staff. Then playing Full v19 where the staff isn't listning or doesnt know what the hell they are doing.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I agree with both of you and willing to add an other point.

If your server is one of the best but you have an crappy staff. Players would also leave. And this is not good.
I think and its my opinion that even if you have no Unique futures but you have an good and active staff that nows what the hell they are doing it makes more fun. The play would be more enjoyable.

I rather play on an clean v15 with nothing else thats added and have an good staff. Then playing Full v19 where the staff isn't listning or doesnt know what the hell they are doing.

I don't think I could find a server with a brilliant designed in-game environment, and then a weak website/team. I agree though, a team is vitally important to the overall success of a server. While they are dedicated, it's also important that they remain unbiased, and helpful. Sometimes limiting and/or giving powers is important to success as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back