Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Would anyone be interested in...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
x25 rates don't work because Flyff grinding is horrible, there are no fun quests and spending ages to level up is one of the most boring things you can do. If Flyff had a better leveling system, better quests, a storyline + cutscenes, more areas, less repetitiveness, etc. then maybe x25 rates wouldn't be so boring.

Then mabey eflyff wouldn't be so boring.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here is a huge concept: Take away the needless grinding. Replace it with a quest driven gameplay and it will not matter how you set up your server.

And when I say questing, I do NOT mean kill 50 mobs and collect 100 items. I mean a quest as in, for example, do some backstory quests to get people in the game. Games like WoW redefined that. They immersed you in a story you actually wanted to keep playing at to find the end.

Most flyff servers if not all consists of standing by the loadlight, hearing a gun go off and seeing how fast you can make it to 120M or 120H. You don't spend enough time actually seeing the story of the game.

So there are your options: fix the grinding (which may prove difficult due to the AOE system needing it like a drug fix), and get the quest system highly improved.

After that I wouldn't care if you had 1x or even 0.5x the rates. I'd play it. You should take some time in researching how other mmos do the questing and grinding. It would serve as a guide to do your own thing. Don't be just another money hungry server who cares not about the people who play it which 99.99% of servers around here do. be that 0.01% that listen, learn and give to their customers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its all pvp, players like pvp thats why they want to join pservers

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fame's EXP rates were > 75x. 25x was just for show.

I think servers that do stuff like that are really stupid. They advertise one rate, when it's really something totally different.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think servers that do stuff like that are really stupid. They advertise one rate, when it's really something totally different.
I think it was actually because of how the server handled exp rates, and they didn't know about it when it was set up.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it was actually because of how the server handled exp rates, and they didn't know about it when it was set up.

I thought they used official files? No way to misjudge the EXP rate that way.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought they used official files? No way to misjudge the EXP rate that way.
No idea. I remember them having some issues or something over exp rates. herpderp

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
x25 rates don't work because Flyff grinding is horrible, there are no fun quests and spending ages to level up is one of the most boring things you can do. If Flyff had a better leveling system, better quests, a storyline + cutscenes, more areas, less repetitiveness, etc. then maybe x25 rates wouldn't be so boring.

thats why eflyff added a crapton of quests in v18 and will likely add more in v19

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
thats why eflyff added a crapton of quests in v18 and will likely add more in v19

A 'crapton' is a little of an overstatement. I created a character on eFlyff and I am currently level 66. The quests went like this..

First stage gets you to about 20-25 depending on how much you grind. Then tells you to come back at level 30.

Second stage gets you to 32-35. Then go back at level 40.

Same thing and tells you to come back at 50, then 60 and then 80.

It does help a lot but still needs a lot of improvement.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are actually tons of things in the official source code that can affect the exp modifier, there are about 2 - 3 different modifiers in the source code and a lot of them are set to more than 1x from start.
There's the PCBang settings, the 5.0 capped constants, events, etc.
A lot of these can be misjudged and it is very common.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
A Flyff server several times harder than the current official server?

-Harder NPC/Monsters-NO
-Super low drop rates-NO
-Low Exp (lower than eflyff)-NO

As for cosmetics
-Improved graphical content (Foliage, buildings, etc)-YES
-Class rebalance, (Assists actively need to partner up)-???
-Tutorial island, (Coral Island sub)-????
-Weather causes player effects. (Snow causes reduced speed) -YES

For the most part it'd just be Eflyff for hardasses with all the necessary fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back