Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Would anyone be interested in...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A Flyff server several times harder than the current official server?

-Harder NPC/Monsters
-Super low drop rates
-Low Exp (lower than eflyff)

As for cosmetics
-Improved graphical content (Foliage, buildings, etc)
-Class rebalance, (Assists actively need to partner up)
-Tutorial island, (Coral Island sub)
-Weather causes player effects. (Snow causes reduced speed)

For the most part it'd just be Eflyff for hardasses with all the necessary fixes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you also include more bugs and higher cs prices? If so I would gladly play!

/Sarcasmmodeoff

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Uhm...lemme think......

NO!

People left eFlyFF for private servers because private server have higher exp and higher drop rates. At least I would not be interested in this idea.
The most important thing of a private server is something special I think, not something annoying.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its only because most flyff servers are tending to the lazy community, and offer no real skill or time sinks. Harder flyff would make you more gratified to earn your levels, gear and such. Time spent carefully planning, leveling and gathering equipment gets people more involved with their roles as players. Not just kids looking to pvp on Day 1.

It's partly the reason why Eflyff is still popular. Because there are still players with so much time invested in it.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's a huge NO for me.

It will just be another eFAIL server that fails even more then the currect one. ( the official one. )

What's the point with private servers, to make things easier. That's the only way to cover the bugs. Making it harder, with more bugs sounds like a dickass plan to me. Just saying.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's a huge NO for me.

It will just be another eFAIL server that fails even more then the currect one. ( the official one. )

What's the point with private servers, to make things easier. That's the only way to cover the bugs. Making it harder, with more bugs sounds like a dickass plan to me. Just saying.

Of course it would have LESS bugs. Not more. But thats besides the point. And no, the point of private servers is not necessarily to make things easier and cater to a lazy crowd, its to provide an alternative experience to the one offered by the official server. If every server is putting rates 6000x + whats the point of even playing when you can be done with the "FUN" part of flyff in less than an hour or so(If even).

But then we come to "o flyff is about pvp herp". No its not about pvp because the system it uses was outdated even when the game itself was only a few years old. Flyff is a grind game, private servers that eliminate that aspect entirely completely spoil the game itself. No amount of "custam itamz, XINTRHAIZORISZER tickets, 10000000+ player" server can fix that.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It definitely is an interesting concept to consider, yet there are some stones you WILL trip over. The first and foremost being the decreased EXP. The growth of the officials have gone back, no doubt about it, and the EXP rate is not likely the reason why people stay.

However, I believe "stronger" NPCs is an interesting thing. I'd very much like for you to clarify what you mean by that. if you simply propose a boost of their stats, I'd be disappointed and would not refer to it as interesting any longer.

Graphical content is, of course, always a plus. But who has the time to do all of that? 8^D.

Again, I'd like some clarifying done before I judge anything here..but decreased EXP will most likely fail.

Just my two cents.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not very hard, it's tedious and boring. People usually associate those things with being difficult.

I couldn't have said it any better. However even nowdays eFlyff is losing its tedious and boring touch. It's a lot easier than it used to be in terms of both difficulty and time.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I couldn't have said it any better. However even nowdays eFlyff is losing its tedious and boring touch. It's a lot easier than it used to be in terms of both difficulty and time.

Oh? I haven't been on eFlyff since when V14 was released. I might just hop back on and see what's new.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If there was a server with 5x rates, new world + improoved graphics, epic quest system and implented the story in the gameplay, lots of things to do than just lvlin and upgrading, class balanced then sure count me in.
There needs to be a flyff 2 like this.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If all those things were to balance each other off then it would be an entire new MMORPG.

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
People left eFlyFF because it got boring, time consuming (levling) and just couldnt be botherd. Thats why people joined private server's because they couldnt be botherd leveling on eflyff. And when I first started it was because I didnt wanna level anymore and just wanted to get hero, joined a pserver and whala, a Hero. You could also experience what it was like to have good weps and loads of money, as on efail, I mean eflyff you couldnt, unless you wasnt a noob like I was haha.

But yea, a HUGE no from me, it would be pointless.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@topic: It's up in your files if what features it has.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Make a time consuming game more time consuming than it already is, and add a hint of frustration into it just for some kicks.

You would probably be crowned biggest penis of the year.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes, but i wouldn't play it. O____O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It only would have worked when FlyForFame, 25x exp was considered high rate back then, the only other option was eFlyFF, 1x EXP. Now since everyone has official files, 25x exp is considered very low. It can never work now.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It only would have worked when FlyForFame, 25x exp was considered high rate back then, the only other option was eFlyFF, 1x EXP. Now since everyone has official files, 25x exp is considered very low. It can never work now.

x25 rates don't work because Flyff grinding is horrible, there are no fun quests and spending ages to level up is one of the most boring things you can do. If Flyff had a better leveling system, better quests, a storyline + cutscenes, more areas, less repetitiveness, etc. then maybe x25 rates wouldn't be so boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back