Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wow...How did everything in flyff development changed so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey guys wazzup? :)

I'm just like...wtf??

Since I quit flyff development flyff source, toms anti hack source, alot of guides in how to change all those freaking sources have been released...

Where are the times we needed to waste days and days looking at resource files? And when Toms source was paid? When most of the servers were low exp and everything was so good?

And now every version in eFlyff are worst than ever. :blink:

Good old times! :blink:

Cheers to everyone ;)

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yo and Welcome back I guess ^^
Dude, those days are gone, now it is to download source & resource, work on your own project and release as little as possible about what you have done , or nothing at all as some people do (LIKE ME MWAHHAHA)

and yeah eflyff is going down , DOWN TOWN! HOUSE! bro!

mh, idk. well

cheers to ya :)
oh and welcome back ;)

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What changed is that all the flaky developers who didn't finish anything or keep promises rage quit because they couldn't handle being leeched to hell. Then a few coders from German forums released some incomplete source edits and up to date server files a while ago and now every server is exactly the same thanks to being spoonfed v16 files.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
as far as I know people still play for the whole party thing. The game could go to poop and people still would Siege, do Invasions, guild battles, etc. because the game prides itself (allegedly) on being a party centered MMO.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People get bored easily, therefore changes has been made. ;)

And i guess, the developers have gotten more open sharing their projects and such.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude, I quited flyff dev just couple months ago now I can't manage to get on track anymore, it's just like it's too advanced for me now.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dude, I quited flyff dev just couple months ago now I can't manage to get on track anymore, it's just like it's too advanced for me now.

It isn't more advanced than it was a couple months ago. Source just gives more development choices. Getting into all of that is the exact same as you got into resource editing; you play with it until you understand it. You don't need C++ knowledge to get started with the source at all. Maybe some parameter knowledge from the resource, but that has to be it.

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
Nothing much has changed really stuffs been released, people are too lazy to do anything major with that doesn't break the game.

same old same old, with some exceptions, but not going into that here.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
x.x flyff now have these bad sides.
Too much grinding.
Collecting
The current pk system.
Awakings.
Economy.
Unbalanced classes at high full geared players

Flyff v6 got these.
Too much grinding.

they added more features but removed
the good ones or made it more bad.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It isn't more advanced than it was a couple months ago. Source just gives more development choices. Getting into all of that is the exact same as you got into resource editing; you play with it until you understand it. You don't need C++ knowledge to get started with the source at all. Maybe some parameter knowledge from the resource, but that has to be it.

Most people are intimidated by the source. If they start looking at it, even with VB experience, they would be able to figure it out.

Haha, v6 was amazing. Skill leveling and sets+8 worth as much as CS-Pets. :D

*remembers SM duel arena and good old PK system with name color*
Remember all those people PKing on purpose just to get the Blue Name?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I rem those days I had a Blue name too LOL too bad they changed that...

I also rem. that we had to repair our weapons and all I thought that was funny.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I rem those days I had a Blue name too LOL too bad they changed that...

I also rem. that we had to repair our weapons and all I thought that was funny.

lol at repairing weapons.

You even had to repair mage weapons even though you were only casting magic.
Somebody actually asked me about why that is and the only explanation I could come up with for that is: "You use the weapons to channel your magic, and doing so wears them down" xD

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey even Voldemort's wand cracks with overuse. lol.

Seriously, I remember being in battle with Rock Muscles and my only wand broke. So I beat it death with my own two hands just to be stunned and crit'd the next hit. :laugh:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Omg..I didn't even tryed to learn to change the source. I'm now out of flyff forever.

Well I think when I started playing flyff the "Repair of weapons" was already removed from flyff. But I think that's just AMAZING.

However, In my opinion eflyff actually is only good for donators... That's it...lol

Cheers.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Omg..I didn't even tryed to learn to change the source. I'm now out of flyff forever.

Well I think when I started playing flyff the "Repair of weapons" was already removed from flyff. But I think that's just AMAZING.

However, In my opinion eflyff actually is only good for donators... That's it...lol

Cheers.

Thats something bad to remove :thumbdown:
That made everyone more rich ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back