Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wow...How did everything in flyff development changed so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha, v6 was amazing. Skill leveling and sets+8 worth as much as CS-Pets. :D

*remembers SM duel arena and good old PK system with name color*

I feel you, Flyff at his best. I used to stuck one of my hotkeys all night to skill a buff on my RM. God I miss these good old days.

Imo if a server can manage to get all those old features back, it would be the number one Flyff (really low rates).

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
o.e iFlyff after 3rd job addings + v6 pk system+prison + durability and high rated worked fine... but after a database crash and wipe we went low rated and lost everything... 350 avv online to 50 :(.
so yea Mootie is right everyone wants high
rates.... they dont care about old things

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
flyff is die with V18 thad new dropping system, thad a hero, can get drops from a lv 70 giand... messed up WHOLE drop systen even CW dont drop items, only money ><

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
LOL the reason is they are currently using Officials Server Files xD

I don't know what happen on those project creating their own server files :(

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL the reason is they are currently using Officials Server Files xD

I don't know what happen on those project creating their own server files :(

Because the source was released, why begin working on an emulator?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There was no reason to work on emulators anymore because the source was released. Working on an emulator is not the same thing. You can't change code of an existing file without serious knowledge of asm, hooking dlls, etc. Anyway, you can do almost anything you want with the source.

However, a new problem arose from the released source. All of a sudden it became a pissing contest around here to see who could do what and more importantly what to release to the community. There are scores of things unreleased to the community mainly because of "exclusivity", laziness or just plain being a hoarder. Why they don't release things is their own agenda but the source editing is now the norm around here.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I spent countless hours there way back, always was good times, the new pvp arena killed all that though...

Yeah same here, the new arena that they implanted is just a freakin chicken farm and the wolfes are standing outside waiting for a chicken to run inside.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I like the old PK system I remember before when my mage reaches lvl 30 ang I killed all people in SM hahahahaha!!!!!! (evil laugh)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
we're new to private servers, But those are some things we intend on adding when we do our U/G. Right now lower level is what i think will hold in the long run. I don't think its good to be Hero in 45 minutes. I think the idea of all area pk is great too. League of Dreadful fellows. BTW Thanks to all the providers of info, I appreciate it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone remembers the old flyff Loadstar on PK-Channel?

good old times :D

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Most people are intimidated by the source. If they start looking at it, even with VB experience, they would be able to figure it out.

Remember all those people PKing on purpose just to get the Blue Name?

And people who followed the people with bad karma so they could try and snag something good when they died? (Like me) ;]

Reaction score
There was no reason to work on emulators anymore because the source was released. Working on an emulator is not the same thing. You can't change code of an existing file without serious knowledge of asm, hooking dlls, etc. Anyway, you can do almost anything you want with the source.

However, a new problem arose from the released source. All of a sudden it became a pissing contest around here to see who could do what and more importantly what to release to the community. There are scores of things unreleased to the community mainly because of "exclusivity", laziness or just plain being a hoarder. Why they don't release things is their own agenda but the source editing is now the norm around here.

There is one major reason... Learning, studing and show people what we could do with our own code...

Morpheus didn't die, i'm probably the only one who continue to workd on an emulator :tongue:

Of course i use client source code for client part but my server use Morpheus and i'm proud of it. For me it was better to use my own emulator to have a more readable code and because i really don't want to make the same systems than official file so why not rewriter it completely :p

An exemple : taxe system.. I will make a system to allow guild to fight for being owner of dungeon, and taxe will be applied to players drop in the dungeon... I don't care about the actual house system so i will rewrite it completelly. I don't care about pet system i prefer to make a monster-pet system with monster fighting side by side with players..

And ,so much other things...

Seriously you're speaking about old time ? Why not recode it (or uncomment it :D)

Some people said that old developper raged against the release of official source files but the fact is that before the source where released, people tried to help each other to be able to make some progress in development.

Today most of people just want to make money and learn what they could on forum like this one and if they find something interesting they will keep it for their server to avoid to have the same server than other's ones...

Fortunatelly there are some exeption, like for exemple MonsterFlyff team who seem to make good works and probably others i don't know but they are few...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back