Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff Button Generator Script (Photoshop)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Flyff Button Generator Script for Photoshop

Introduction

Ok, so.. My League of Legends account got banned and I had already finished all my work for the day, so I got bored as duck ;D
So I learned Photoshop Scripting and did this, hope you like it. Should work on any Photoshop CS(X).

What is it?

You must be asking yourself what is this thing, and I'll answer: Its a "simple" script that when run will generate the texture file (bmp) for a flyff button with any text you want, like this one:
.dark. - Flyff Button Generator Script (Photoshop) - RaGEZONE Forums

What can I do with it?

Considering the images are automatically saved as the default FlyFF button texture format, you can easily create your own buttons on Daisy/Source, just use your brainz a little bit, I promise it wont hurt... Much...

But how do I use it sir?

Ok my dear weeaboo, as we can all see you dont wanna use much of your two neurons, so lets spoonfeed it to you! Why not?

Download and extract the folder I uploaded to somewhere in your computer.
I extracted it to C:\ for ease of use.

Open the file "configuration.txt" and edit the button label in the shown area:

Open Photoshop and go to File > Scripts > Browse... and find "ButtonGenerator.jsx" in our extracted folder

Select the file, click Open and enjoy your newly made button, it will be in the "Output" folder, inside your extracted folder.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very nice, but why not just render the button text on the client? I used that method to keep backwards compatibility with the v19 theme.

Concept:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah I made a live version too a while ago to substitute that horrendous default blueish button skin (when you dont apply a skin to the button), but the result was far less than desireable as the rendering engine lacks a lot of effects options and kerning/anti-aliasing functions.

Also I did this cuz I was damn bored, not cuz I wanted to create something really useful, it was fun learning photoshop scripting (even though its just the same as javascript lol), as some functions of it are not pre programmed and you need to emulate them like you do with asm xD

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i think the live-rendered method doesnt look so good like the pre-rendered, however the live-rendered method is faster to create.
both are good tho.

The outline looks much smoother in-game, I did a pretty lazy outline in the GUI editor. I'll see if I can get a screenshot later, but yes this still is useful. I'm sure it does come out better than the version rendered in realtime, but I'd still prefer the control over the text.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you, real time ultility is much higher, but again, it was made out of boredom, and not like.. wishful thinking xD

Also I used it to learn photoshop scripting for my future webdesigns (shall I make them)

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No offense xLethal, but the text on your buttons just looks weird to me. The edges are too sharp and defined. In my opinion, it needs a bit of color blending.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
No offense xLethal, but the text on your buttons just looks weird to me. The edges are too sharp and defined. In my opinion, it needs a bit of color blending.

The outline looks much smoother in-game, I did a pretty lazy outline in the GUI editor. I'll see if I can get a screenshot later, but yes this still is useful. I'm sure it does come out better than the version rendered in realtime, but I'd still prefer the control over the text.

quote.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's just a matter of taste, real time has much more ultility but lacks better kerning and antialiasing options

Back