Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[FlyFF] Slick Launcher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Previews for 2.0.0

ZooLag - [FlyFF] Slick Launcher - RaGEZONE Forums

----------

The original thread for the project can be found below. This is the first stable release of the FlyFF Launcher. Please follow the instructions below for how to set it up. If you have questions, post them here and I will do what I can to assist you.

I am working on a 2.0.0 for this project so stay tuned. This release is commercially ready.

Project Thread

Can be found HERE (1.0.0 Project Thread).

Download Information

Launcher files can be found .

Note: Make sure that when you download the launcher you run the it (Launcher.exe) to get all of the installation instructions (how to set it up for your server, etc.). The file is called "READ ME.txt", so read it.

ScreenShots

Possible Problems

I have attempted to run this on some Windows machines with outdated .NET frameworks. Now I am working a solution around this, it's a problem with how I am compiling this. I'll get around to fixing this for version 2.0.0. If you run into this problem let me know. It's compiled for the 3.5 Client .NET Framework.

Last edited:
MC Web Designs
Reaction score
Awesome! Great work dude. Hope too see more updates coming from you soon mate! :thumbup:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you. I am quite happy with how this has turned out. The next revision will be rebuilt from scratch with a completely different layout and more functionality based off of the suggestions I have received so far.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha, hi Jacob. Still can't code an commercial application I see.

It doesn't have support for versioning from what I can see, nor does it support dynamic resource patching. So could you tell me why this is better for a production server than the official patcher?

Btw, I haven't ever seen a commercial launcher that lets the user configure that much info. Why not just make a "patcher creator" that compiles the application with the config desired? This would be most "noob friendly" as well as organized.

Also, for the .NET framework, WindowsXP and higher can use up to 4.0. You just need to install it for them if its not installed yet.

You might also want to obfuscate the binary if you don't want people to get the source(not that I could see anyone wanting it). CLR applications can be decompiled to near vanilla.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Haha, hi Jacob. Still can't code an commercial application I see.

It doesn't have support for versioning from what I can see, nor does it support dynamic resource patching. So could you tell me why this is better for a production server than the official patcher?

Btw, I haven't ever seen a commercial launcher that lets the user configure that much info. Why not just make a "patcher creator" that compiles the application with the config desired? This would be most "noob friendly" as well as organized.

Also, for the .NET framework, WindowsXP and higher can use up to 4.0. You just need to install it for them if its not installed yet.

You might also want to obfuscate the binary if you don't want people to get the source(not that I could see anyone wanting it). CLR applications can be decompiled to near vanilla.

Hi sir. Depends.

It does not support versions, just gathers all the new files. It's a feature I am holding back for the 2.0.0.

It's meant for people to easily use without needing any coding experience, so all of the important variables are in the patcher.ini file. They'll need both sent to their customers for it to work. I could of made a program to generate a patcher unique to their server like you said which is a good idea. I will consider it.

I noticed that problem yea, so the solution will have to be in the installer they package the Launcher is in. They'll need to check for the .NET Framework and install it if it does not exist.

The source isn't important, there is no reason for why someone would want it as you can customize practically everything in just the patcher.ini file (including renaming it which is always the important part). The only thing they can't change is the base design, but the new design can be downloaded in the 'imgs' folder.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What if we want to change the button game Start and the black transparent background? I'm going to use this for testing purposes. :thumbup1:

Try with .res hacker, else you can't without the source.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I think its the funniest obfuscation technique I've seen to date, basically all the methods are still in tact, only the variable names have been changed.
If anyone really wanted to use some of that source, they could just change the variable names...

(btw, don't open it in visual studio, some of the variable names might not show up)

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think its the funniest obfuscation technique I've seen to date, basically all the methods are still in tact, only the variable names have been changed.
If anyone really wanted to use some of that source, they could just change the variable names...

(btw, don't open it in visual studio, some of the variable names might not show up)

Well, I was sorta curious about what language it's in, and you just told me it's C# =P

Imo, it should really be coded in C++, one main reason for that, is from what I've ready, you have to be really skilled to decompile a C++ program and C# has a ton of decompilers, ones that can even get around simple obfuscators.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I never made this to not be decompiled, if I wanted to then we'd be seeing some very different posts. Coding a patcher in C# or C++ has no reflection of the developers talent. Anybody can memorize syntax, it takes a real developer to understand programming concepts and apply them to any language.

If people could give me some feedback on the 1.0.0 release that would be awesome. I have much more planned for 2.0.0, as I plan to put more than 2 days into it.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never made this to not be decompiled, if I wanted to then we'd be seeing some very different posts. Coding a patcher in C# or C++ has no reflection of the developers talent. Anybody can memorize syntax, it takes a real developer to understand programming concepts and apply them to any language.

I wasn't commenting on your skill at all. It's simply that you said you wouldn't be releasing the source, so I figured that meant you didn't want people to get it at all. You didn't make it hard to get though.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wasn't commenting on your skill at all. It's simply that you said you wouldn't be releasing the source, so I figured that meant you didn't want people to get it at all. You didn't make it hard to get though.

... and what good did it do to you double clicking .NET Reflector.exe? You can already change all the titles and text in the patcher.ini file. Regardless of if I released the source or if you have a modified source with your program you didn't code, it's only good to you if you understand it. You would have no need for the source if you understand how a patcher works lol.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
... and what good did it do to you double clicking .NET Reflector.exe? You can already change all the titles and text in the patcher.ini file. Regardless of if I released the source or if you have a modified source with your program you didn't code, it's only good to you if you understand it. You would have no need for the source if you understand how a patcher works lol.

You really need to calm down and stop overreacting. It's true, I don't really know anything about C#, but I have made quite a few edits to the C++ patcher source that is in every released flyff source files. If you'd reread what I said, I said nothing about the source being useful to me. I only said that you didn't want to release the source, yet it's not hard to get if you wanted it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For those that are interested in this project I have begun working on the Launcher 2.0.0. It will be quite a bit better and have quite a bit more features and a different way to make it unique to your server. Stay tuned, and toss your opinions on this release or suggestions so I can ensure 2.0.0 is exactly as you hoped.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi ZooLag

I like your launcher/patcher and am planning to use it for my server. I still have a little problem with it though.

After patching the last file there is an error which causes the launcher to crash.

Code:
Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCore.SharpZipLib, Version=0.86.0.518, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

I am running Windows 7 x64 with .NET Framework 4 and all updates applied.

I'm waiting to hear from you soon. :)
-Lucy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi ZooLag

I like your launcher/patcher and am planning to use it for my server. I still have a little problem with it though.

After patching the last file there is an error which causes the launcher to crash.

Code:
Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCore.SharpZipLib, Version=0.86.0.518, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

I am running Windows 7 x64 with .NET Framework 4 and all updates applied.

I'm waiting to hear from you soon. :)
-Lucy

I am not sure why that wouldn't work. What it's doing in that step is downloading the unzip library dll and then loading it into the patcher. Try reloading the launcher, that should work. If not then add my MSN and I can help you over teamviewer to troubleshoot this problem.

My MSN is jacobpollack@jamach.com.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am not sure why that wouldn't work. What it's doing in that step is downloading the unzip library dll and then loading it into the patcher. Try reloading the launcher, that should work. If not then add my MSN and I can help you over teamviewer to troubleshoot this problem.

My MSN is jacobpollack@jamach.com.

Yesterday I figured out the problem was caused by my impacience. I changed the patcher.ini before letting it run for the first time.

I'll add you on MSN anyways as I may have some more specific questions in the near future.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently started working on 2.0.0 of this project. I have uploaded some snippets of the 2.0.0 design to the top of this thread. I will not release a complete functionality list until it is complete as there are a few things I don't wish to announce as of yet.

Enjoy this release and for those who are dedicated, patiently waiting for the second (it will be well worth it imo, I'll be spending more than a day doing it).

Back