Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff Version 5 Offi Serverfiles

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Warning: Google Translated Text:

Today there are the official Flyff version 5 serverfiles.
All features of V5 are included, such as the old collector system or the load light system.
Ideal for Oldschool servers

Important instructions:

• The Neuz IP has to be changed via HEX Edit - just search for 5.45.98
  • The server can only be operated with SQL Server 2008 - the compatibility level for the Character DB must be set to 80
  • For the character DB use the file from the ZIP, for account DB, etc., the V15 DB can be used
  • Configuration of the serverfiles works similar to V15
  • Serverfiles must be on c: / neurospace /

If you want to support my work, please feel free to contact me

Download:
Serverfiles:
Pass: oldschool
Client:

Credits:
Quget (Misterkid??)
Avengyskol - Resource Folder and fixes

Have fun with it :)

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow, some people actually used those? :w00t:
Skill training was a nice feature, for a game that doesn't have much :$:
Graphics wise flyff hasn't changed at all :|

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I love the old Flyff Versions (V5 - V7), but i only have original V5 Files and a buggy V6/7 Emulator :D
A Version 6/7 Server would be awesome, but with the original Serverfiles not with downgraded V15 Files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can anyone change the neuz.exe ip for me to 127.0.0.1?i tried to edit many times but i keep getting an error
thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I still have flyff v7 setup files in an old CD. It'd be my pleasure to provide it to someone who can make a v5/6/7 server and bring forth flyff's true nature

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I get all the way to character select where it gets stuck at "Connecting. Please wait."

2018/ 3/ 5 19:35:05 Accept
2018/ 3/ 5 19:35:05 Login...
2018/ 3/ 5 19:35:05 Connecting...
2018/ 3/ 5 19:35:06 Can't connect to server.

In the error.txt I get this: LoadReNewEvent Not Open

Server running on Windows Server 2016 and database on SQL Server 2008 R2. CHARACTER_01_DBF is set to compatibility level 80 as instructed. Server files are in c:\neurospace\

Could it be possible that it's not letting me connect to the server because the SQL Server is 2008 R2 and not 2008, like the one Cuvvie's v15 tutorial provides? As the reason I chose R2 was because the installation was not going through on Windows Server 2016 due to some error.

EDIT: Also tested on Windows Server 2012 R2 with SQL Server 2008 32-bit. Doesn't change anything, which makes me believe that there is an issue with the world server and not the SQL.

EDIT2: Solved. Apparently the ports are different in this one than in the v15.

EDIT3: On Windows 10, Neuz crashes as soon as it is launched. Only way for me to run it is on Windows Server 2016, but it's laggy as hell on that.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello..is the thread still active? How ca I use the server files? Thank you :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know this is old, but is there anyone willing to give a bit of help around this? I set up v15 as per the v15 setup guide. I confirmed the v15 was working before I proceeded - I could connect, login, etc. I then set the DB compatibility to 80, ran the character db queries within the files here, I double checked some of the tables and procedures to ensure they had updated appropriately, went through all the config files and adjusted, etc. The server files seem to run okay but I'm getting the "LoadReNewEvent Not Open" error from them.

I've edited the IP in the neuz using hex edit but the client doesn't get passed the login screen - immediately says it can't connect and has the following in the network.log (even with the firewall disabled):

CERT_CONNECT_FAIL
network error:10022

Just not sure what the issue might be, or what I'm missing here.

I just wanna mess around a bit for nostalgic sake, what's the earliest version source that can be built and ran? I'd love to poke around and tinker with some of the code of v5 or v6 (server and client), even if I have to use VS 2003, or update the source to a newer version. Kinda late to this I guess, but I wasn't a developer way back when.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you have no IP or a wrong IP in your cert.ini
check all your ini files
and check the ports

Hey thanks, I really appreciate the response! The IP addresses have definitely been set appropriately throughout the config files. Based on the files contained within here, I updated all the IPs and "root IP" texts, etc. As for ports - I haven't changed them from what's provided, but running a quick netstat, doesn't seem like these are using 15400 at all, just a bunch of other ports? Not sure which I'd change them to.

I did notice that if I run the test from the database server, it seems to try and run the LOG_USER_CNT_STR procedure on the db, giving the following error:

query:LOG_USER_CNT_STR '01', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SQLSTATE:42000 error:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Procedure or function LOG_USER_CNT_STR has too many arguments specified.

But I'm not sure if this is actually a problem, or if it's just the test that's broken here.

Edit: If I run the v15 client with the v5 server files, it errors out when I hit login saying the client is out of date and closes. So my v5 client isn't even getting that far, but that one is. I'm not sure what I've missed?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey thanks, I really appreciate the response! The IP addresses have definitely been set appropriately throughout the config files. Based on the files contained within here, I updated all the IPs and "root IP" texts, etc. As for ports - I haven't changed them from what's provided, but running a quick netstat, doesn't seem like these are using 15400 at all, just a bunch of other ports? Not sure which I'd change them to.

I did notice that if I run the test from the database server, it seems to try and run the LOG_USER_CNT_STR procedure on the db, giving the following error:

But I'm not sure if this is actually a problem, or if it's just the test that's broken here.

Edit: If I run the v15 client with the v5 server files, it errors out when I hit login saying the client is out of date and closes. So my v5 client isn't even getting that far, but that one is. I'm not sure what I've missed?

Just going to reach out to say I got this working - duh, port is in the source, and elsewhere.

For the connection issues I was having beyond this, I ended up just deleting my character database, re-creating it, re-running the character db script from here, re-creating the ODBC connection, then it worked. There must have been been something that went wrong executing the queries on top of the existing v15 stuff, dropping it completely seemed to do the trick.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good day, Shadow345 how did you re-create the character db and ODBC connection? I will send you a private message? Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good day, Shadow345 how did you re-create the character db and ODBC connection? I will send you a private message? Thank you.

You just drop the character database and force it to close all existing connections so that it actually can. Then you just create a new database for the same name and execute the SQL on that. How you do this depends on what tools you're using, e.g. I used SQL Management Studio. Then just create / check your character ODBC entry still exists and works when you test it.

There's nothing great here - it's pretty neat to see some of the old stuff, there's some texture/model resources missing, but you can just pinch those from other clients and bring them in as the errors show up on the client side. Kebaras map also isn't included, so I've included a copy for anyone who wants to use these files. As is teleporting to world 2 (kebaras) is just empty. Put the attached WdKebaras folder in both the client and server resources world folder.

It'd be nice to have the source for the version included here, I'd love to poke around with it - even in VS 2003! But, it's neat to at least play around with it as is.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good day, Shadow345

Thank you for the response. Since I am not naturally into game developing (i'm just a player of Flyff hehe!) How can I close all existing connection and create database? I have the SQL though. If you don't mind can I have a copy of your edited resource and server files?

Thank you very much for your response and keep safe!

-Yojie

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good day, Shadow345

Thank you for the response. Since I am not naturally into game developing (i'm just a player of Flyff hehe!) How can I close all existing connection and create database? I have the SQL though. If you don't mind can I have a copy of your edited resource and server files?

Thank you very much for your response and keep safe!

-Yojie

If you can't figure that much out, maybe you shouldn't be doing this.

How did you set up the database in the first place? What tools are you using? With SQL Management Studio, it gives you the option to force close all the connections. It's not something you can miss, it's just part of the process of deleting / dropping the DB through the GUI rather than by query.

My resource files won't help you because they're configured specifically for my setup.

If you haven't created the database at all, you can follow any of the many other guides around the place.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@Shadow345 when your files running you can upload your files and help him with that. thats not a secret and no special server =)

My resource files won't help you because they're configured specifically for my setup.
What? :?::D:

Back