Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Arena Score 1.2

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Intelligence I fixed that disconnection problem, you need to make sure you are putting the right information in the right places, otherwise it will not work.
I putted them in the right place I guess but not really sure if I did. I'll try to redo it later one, thanks for that simple tips btw.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Make sure specifically where is uses GetWorld()->IsArena() && IsPlayer() inside Mover.cpp and any other mover files, make sure you have those placed correctly, or it wont work

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Anyone think they can help with my second problem, being that it won't update the arena score at all?

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone think they can help with my second problem, being that it won't update the arena score at all?

Does it manage to update the database correctly, but you just can't see it in-game? If so, then that's a problem with sending the updated score to everyone.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
This seems to be the problem, it will update in the database when using the procedures with direct input (execute a stored proc) but not when you kill in-game, i have tried a lot of things any ideas why it would not be updating in-game, could it be i didn't add something or added something incorrectly?

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You misunderstood what i meant. Go in-game and make a kill. Immediately after that, open the database, refresh the values, and see if it updated something. If it did, then the updated values aren't being sent to the clients. If not, then the source isn't updating the values in the database.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to update when you go inside the arena and kill someone, no extra information is added to the database kills and deaths wise, so it isn't actually executing the stored procs at all, where would this likely be a problem in the database or the worldserver source?

when someone joins the arena, it will insert their idPlayer info and serverindex but it wont update their points on a kill or death

Last edited:
Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could you please try to use your brain just a little bit? You've already tested the database procedures and they worked, right? What does that mean?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
That it is likely a source problem, but where about in the source, cause i have 100% tried re-adding it from here and no change, unless i am missing something, accept i don't have the DatabaseClient.h file from the release, i put that info inside DPDatabaseClient.h instead could this be what is causing the problem, but unless you can help me please don't insult me

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When did I insult you exactly? I'm merely commenting that you're not putting much thought into what you're doing. The question you asked:

it isn't actually executing the stored procs at all, where would this likely be a problem in the database or the worldserver source?

Was already answered in the post that was right before it:

If not, then the source isn't updating the values in the database.

I think you added that correctly, it must have been a typo in the first post. I'm pretty sure you put the mover.cpp coding in the wrong place, cause that's what is supposed to trigger the db procs. (I can't help more than that, I haven't actually added it myself)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@ShadowDragon42 Thanks managed to figure it out, the mover.cpp wasn't set right, completely wrong place for the code, hasn't been edited since my first attempt at adding this feature

@all_who_helped Thanks all :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Okay one last problem, for some reason sometimes on entering the arena people's clients crash or they get disconnected, would this likely be due to a mapping error or due to a source error?

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Disconnect is likely map problem. Crash could be the arena pvp system OR just a simple lag crash. On some slower computers, or even on good computers that have a lot of programs running, you can get random lag crashes when moving between worlds or teleporting.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Okay, is there anything that can be done to the client to prevent lag crashes at all or will it always happen, also if it is a map problem what is the best way around it other then disabling the map key, which is something i don't want to do ( i am 100% certain the map is the same client sided as it is server sided, as i have been able to get in and out without problems before )

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't found anything yet, but even with my mostly compressed .res format (reduces time required to read from hard drive, which is slow), people still get those lag crashes occasionally.

And yeah, I'm very sure that your maps are perfectly matching with the server. But do you seriously know how stupid some flyff players are? A lot of them simply assume that they can use any flyff client to connect with, and that's what causes random d/cs like that. You need to seriously stress it to them that they need to download your client and/or force them to have the correct arena files by putting them in the patcher.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well i made sure the world folder is downloaded via patcher if they just decide to download that, and most of the new models is as well so hopefully it would work if they decide to patch :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
please post idea how to fix that could not load data form database into game

sorry bad english and thank for all answer

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Edit the source | Compile the Source | Download ArenaCore | Then it's done. Codes + Files + Brain = Success

Back