V5/V6 2005 Source

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member HaXXoR75 is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    40Posts

    happy V5/V6 2005 Source

    Hi everyone, stumbled upon this 7z archive a while back, was released a long time ago but no one knew the password and as far as i can tell, if anyone ever did figure it out, it wasn't publicly released. So out of curiosity and some significant computing power, I brute forced the password. No idea if this compiles or not, you're on your own there, not even sure if theres any interest in something this old since v15 is public now, but good for educational use atleast Feel free to mirror the file, i don't think theres many surviving copies left.

    Pass is:
    Code:
    nana1206

    https://ufile.io/eu3ov
    https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/NYZu1EZR/file.html
    neurospace

    Originally learned of this source / the effort to crack it open from: Linky
    Last edited by HaXXoR75; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:05 PM. Reason: added mirror


  2. #2
    Registered Invitation is offline
    MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    20Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Very nice, will try to create a old school Version 6 with these files.
    Just need to find a visual studio 2003 installation...

  3. #3
    Retired Staff Ketchup is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    Flyff.CodesLocation
    691Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Quote Originally Posted by Invitation View Post
    Very nice, will try to create a old school Version 6 with these files.
    Just need to find a visual studio 2003 installation...
    Why not just upgrade it to a compiler from this decade lol.
    I may not respond to pm's due to a lack of time.

  4. #4
    Member HaXXoR75 is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    40Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Why not just upgrade it to a compiler from this decade lol.
    Indeed, especially considering this doesn't contain anything that's directly usable with vs2003 anyway, all the projects are still vc6. Would highly recommend anyone seriously considering the use of these to upgrade them to a modern compiler first

  5. #5
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Wokki is online now
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    715Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    This is great, now only if I knew how to upgrade this to use VS2017. I attempted to take the v17 converted to VS2017 as comparison, but as a person who doesn't know much about these things I didn't make much progress and even if I did, I am not capable of realizing if I'm getting anywhere.

    Has anyone unlike me, who actually knows about this stuff started upgrading this to use VS17? I'm interested in playing and possibly even hosting a server with this source.

    EDIT: Would newer account server, etc work with the world server provided with these files?
    Last edited by Wokki; 6 Days Ago at 02:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Member HaXXoR75 is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    40Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Quote Originally Posted by Wokki View Post
    This is great, now only if I knew how to upgrade this to use VS2017. I attempted to take the v17 converted to VS2017 as comparison, but as a person who doesn't know much about these things I didn't make much progress and even if I did, I am not capable of realizing if I'm getting anywhere.

    Has anyone unlike me, who actually knows about this stuff started upgrading this to use VS17? I'm interested in playing and possibly even hosting a server with this source.

    EDIT: Would newer account server, etc work with the world server provided with these files?
    I haven't attempted to port this to a newer visual studio as of yet, it shouldn't be much more difficult then porting v15 to newer versions though i would assume. My suggestion would be upgrade to vs2003 (since this is all vc6 still) using the v15 source as reference for anything that needs fixing for vs2003 to work, and then go from there to a modern version of VS, using a vs17 source as reference if needed. Going straight there from the vc6 files, while possible, probably wouldn't be very fun, as theres a fair amount of small things that need to be adjusted just to get vs2003 to compile it.

    As far as anyone hosting / playing a server with this, I don't believe anyone has as of yet, I've had longer then anyone else to poke at these (since I was the one who cracked the password) and I will say that the client atleast works, with some fixing as the file and script structure / layout it expects doesn't quite match up with any released client as far as i can tell. There is also a fun "offline" mode in the client configurations that allow the majority of the game to be run and played without the servers at all.

    As to whether a newer account server, etc, would work, i would say likely not, i would imagine the packets, even just for login, have changed enough that you wouldn't get very far. Best / easiest option would be fixing and using the ones in this archive rather then trying to make it work with half new stuff.

  7. #7
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Wokki is online now
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    715Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Quote Originally Posted by HaXXoR75 View Post
    I haven't attempted to port this to a newer visual studio as of yet, it shouldn't be much more difficult then porting v15 to newer versions though i would assume. My suggestion would be upgrade to vs2003 (since this is all vc6 still) using the v15 source as reference for anything that needs fixing for vs2003 to work, and then go from there to a modern version of VS, using a vs17 source as reference if needed. Going straight there from the vc6 files, while possible, probably wouldn't be very fun, as theres a fair amount of small things that need to be adjusted just to get vs2003 to compile it.

    As far as anyone hosting / playing a server with this, I don't believe anyone has as of yet, I've had longer then anyone else to poke at these (since I was the one who cracked the password) and I will say that the client atleast works, with some fixing as the file and script structure / layout it expects doesn't quite match up with any released client as far as i can tell. There is also a fun "offline" mode in the client configurations that allow the majority of the game to be run and played without the servers at all.

    As to whether a newer account server, etc, would work, i would say likely not, i would imagine the packets, even just for login, have changed enough that you wouldn't get very far. Best / easiest option would be fixing and using the ones in this archive rather then trying to make it work with half new stuff.
    Thanks for cracking this and releasing it. Been looking forward to seeing these files for a long time.

    I'll try downloading the VS2003 and upgrading these files to that. I managed to get the account server to compile with VS2017, but it took way more effort than I thought it would. I have background in web development, so this isn't exactly what I'm used to do.
    Last edited by Wokki; 6 Days Ago at 11:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Wokki is online now
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    715Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Managed to get everything else to compile with VS2017 except World Server and Neuz. Also, I figured that this source is most likely v5 due to the fact that there are no /partyinvite or /guildinvite commands which were introduced in v6. It still has Acrobat though, which was introduced in v5.

    At the moment though, I can launch the Account Server just fine, but Database Server crashes on startup. The error.txt file is created with this https://pastebin.com/rvBj59UY

    I am using the resource files found from this Flyff Version 5 Offi Serverfiles

    Since they both should be v5, I thought that resource would work just fine. Any clues?

  9. #9
    Member HaXXoR75 is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    40Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Quote Originally Posted by Wokki View Post
    Managed to get everything else to compile with VS2017 except World Server and Neuz. Also, I figured that this source is most likely v5 due to the fact that there are no /partyinvite or /guildinvite commands which were introduced in v6. It still has Acrobat though, which was introduced in v5.

    At the moment though, I can launch the Account Server just fine, but Database Server crashes on startup. The error.txt file is created with this https://pastebin.com/rvBj59UY

    I am using the resource files found from this Flyff Version 5 Offi Serverfiles

    Since they both should be v5, I thought that resource would work just fine. Any clues?
    File structure doesn't quite match up with any releases that i've found, although that one is the closest. For the errors your seeing regarding propitem.txt, assuming it is the same issue i faced, is because the files have one more column then the source expects. This can be worked around in ProjectCmn.cpp, LoadPropItem() by adding an additional scanner.GetToken( ); between the setting of dwActiveSkill and dwActiveSkillRate in order to skip over the dwactiveskillLv column in the file that this source doesn't use. That is assuming that is what the issue is, failing that i would suggest using the visual studio debugger and step threw the LoadPropItem function line by line to see where its going wrong and failing to match up with the file's structure.

    Definitely version 5 though, just somewhere pre-release, a beta or alpha perhaps. We are missing SOME v5 features, but nothing major, for example v5 added the 5min teleport to town action as well as the cheer action, but the cheer system is entirely missing here, even though the teleport to town isn't. We know this source originated from one particular developer, its possible that these missing features were being worked on by someone else and weren't in the branch he was working on, explaining them being completely missing rather then just not finished.

  10. #10
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Wokki is online now
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    FinlandLocation
    715Posts

    Re: V5/V6 2005 Source

    Quote Originally Posted by HaXXoR75 View Post
    File structure doesn't quite match up with any releases that i've found, although that one is the closest. For the errors your seeing regarding propitem.txt, assuming it is the same issue i faced, is because the files have one more column then the source expects. This can be worked around in ProjectCmn.cpp, LoadPropItem() by adding an additional scanner.GetToken( ); between the setting of dwActiveSkill and dwActiveSkillRate in order to skip over the dwactiveskillLv column in the file that this source doesn't use. That is assuming that is what the issue is, failing that i would suggest using the visual studio debugger and step threw the LoadPropItem function line by line to see where its going wrong and failing to match up with the file's structure.

    Definitely version 5 though, just somewhere pre-release, a beta or alpha perhaps. We are missing SOME v5 features, but nothing major, for example v5 added the 5min teleport to town action as well as the cheer action, but the cheer system is entirely missing here, even though the teleport to town isn't. We know this source originated from one particular developer, its possible that these missing features were being worked on by someone else and weren't in the branch he was working on, explaining them being completely missing rather then just not finished.
    Yes, this did fix the issue.

    I've got the server up and running, although with some stupid fixes and probably will crash at some point when actually logging into the game.

    However, I'm having an issue with the Neuz. Whenever I launch it, it gives me
    > Neuz.exe!CScanner::GetToken(int bComma) Line 605 C++
    Code:
    Exception thrown: read access violation.
    this->**m_pProg** was nullptr.
    https://i.imgur.com/ncizPb6.png
    https://i.imgur.com/5xvWt1E.png

    Since this is a Scanner issue, I guess there is an issue with reading specific file again, but I'm not sure what file?

    EDIT: Figured out it was GameGuard.inc after tracing all LoadScripts.
    Last edited by Wokki; 56 Minutes Ago at 12:48 PM.



Advertisement