Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CentrinoGames - Minerva EP18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah lol thats funny, who is working on that Niicke

Just me for now :D:

I will give some advice to those who are working in Minerva: Keep in mind that it will be for studies only, the structure in which Minerva was built will not support players, it is not scalable, it has competition problems, among others

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I will give some advice to those who are working in Minerva: Keep in mind that it will be for studies only, the structure in which Minerva was built will not support players, it is not scalable, it has competition problems, among others

Ive said this time and time again and others have said it too, people just want hope i guess.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I totally agree on that. Also compiling it from such a high level language would compromise performance. But on the other side, nowadays we have Coffee Lake and RTX's so...

Source wise, it looks pretty, never compiled it tho :sleep:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I totally agree on that. Also compiling it from such a high level language would compromise performance. But on the other side, nowadays we have Coffee Lake and RTX's so...

I believe that C# is enough to create a PLAYABLE version nowadays. Of course it will NEVER be the same as C++ performance.
I'm creating in .NET Core but there are things that the developer should pay attention like: multithreading ( concurrent objects ), parallelism (TPL) and the most (but no less): Garbage Collector.
So.. I believe it is possible, if you master these 3 subjects :love:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
.NET Core and Framework have a really nice ThreadPool mechanism. And by Garbage Collector, if you code, you must be really dumb to leave anything behind. At least when performance matters... (Long live Async and Await :w00t:)

I would code it in Swift (the Apple nowadays language). It's freaking fast and compiles directly on linux...

Reaction score

Ahm, C# is more than decent performance-wise and has the necessary scale to deal with lots of players especially thinking that this can be deployed in clusters. I don't know why you brought up RTX in this case since it's server side and btw AMD came back with equally good if not better CPUs.
Compiling doesn't compromise runtime performance.
.NET Core and Framework have a really nice ThreadPool mechanism. And by Garbage Collector, if you code, you must be really dumb to leave anything behind. At least when performance matters... (Long live Async and Await :w00t:)

I would code it in Swift (the Apple nowadays language). It's freaking fast and compiles directly on linux...
No, most people don't understand how GC works and assume that it takes care of everything. It is actually not that hard to "forget" references of objects and end up with memory leaks.
I have never tried Swift but I suppose there are many ways to achieve the same thing :)

I'm creating in .NET Core but there are things that the developer should pay attention like: multithreading ( concurrent objects ), parallelism (TPL) and the most (but no less): Garbage Collector.
So.. I believe it is possible, if you master these 3 subjects :love:
Which any decent developer should.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ahm, C# is more than decent performance-wise and has the necessary scale to deal with lots of players especially thinking that this can be deployed in clusters. I don't know why you brought up RTX in this case since it's server side and btw AMD came back with equally good if not better CPUs.
Compiling doesn't compromise runtime performance.

No, most people don't understand how GC works and assume that it takes care of everything. It is actually not that hard to "forget" references of objects and end up with memory leaks.
I have never tried Swift but I suppose there are many ways to achieve the same thing :)

Which any decent developer should.

Yes I agree.
I just said these things because they were misapplied in the Minerva, and some were not even applied eg. TPL

Reaction score
Hmmm... hmmmm...

That moment when a var increase in high level lang does 5 loops and 3 calls of asm subprocs :w00t:
Just to be clear, I was referring to AOT.
Obviously a high level language is nowhere as efficient as a low level language. Probably you meant compilation into machine code whereas I interpreted it as AOT.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

someone help me pls

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
im use cabal GSP ep22 client

Code:
struct Channel {
	CHServerId: byte;
	ChannelId: byte;

ChannelPlayersOnline: ushort;

Empty2: byte[21];

Unk1: byte;

ChannelMaxPlayers: ushort;

ChannelIP: byte[4];

ChannelPort: ushort;

ChannelType: int;

Empty3: byte[4];
}

struct Server {
	ServerId: ushort;
	Empty1: byte[5];
	QtdChannels: byte;

Channels: Channel[QtdChannels];
}

schema {
	Header: ServerHeader;

QtdServers: byte;
	Servers: Server[QtdServers];
}

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to fix this message when login and select channel?
knuckles00 - CentrinoGames - Minerva EP18 - RaGEZONE Forums
knuckles00 - CentrinoGames - Minerva EP18 - RaGEZONE Forums

"the channel cannot acommodate any mores player"?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry bro, i dont understand what you mean, can you tell me more details ?
I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?I don't understand what you mean, can you tell me more details?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Niicke

how to fix this ?
https://imgur.com/a/S9zzXNU

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Niicke

how to fix this ?

This is the current version of authentication packet structure, it's up to you to change that in Minerva

I strongly advise you to learn about TCP connection and data types first, otherwise you will be wasting your time here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you tell me which one should ? I just want to play around, please help me solve this problem Niicke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back