Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dignity Team - Minerva Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Copyright © 2010 The Divinity Project; 2013-2016 Dignity Team.

German: Ich habe keine neuere Version von minerva
Spanish: No tengo una versión más reciente de minerva
French: Je n'ai pas une version plus récente de minerva
Japanese: Watashi wa mineruvu~a no atarashī bājon o motteinai
Portuguese: Eu não tenho uma versão mais recente do minerva
Romanian: Nu am o versiune mai nouă de minerva
Google Latin: Minerva, non habeo aliam versionem
Russian: U menya net novoy versii Minervy

Well looks like gtranslator is working but if you still can't understand here is plain English:
I don't have a newer version of minerva

Last edited:
┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
Wow, could you release the pre alpha? And one question, do you use some custom database, old the default mssql database? Because i am writting an API Web for cabal and i'm using the default mssql database, i almost even finished decoding and encoding the item binary but...if the database is gonna change, damn, i might have to write an alternative.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, could you release the pre alpha? And one question, do you use some custom database, old the default mssql database? Because i am writting an API Web for cabal and i'm using the default mssql database, i almost even finished decoding and encoding the item binary but...if the database is gonna change, damn, i might have to write an alternative.

Well, he forgot to mention bitbucket address: ; We are using MySQL (had MSSQL support but i dropped it). However, adding MSSQL support is quite easy, but for the moment we are focused on MySQL.

┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well i am quite interested in joining you but i suppose as a web developer. I've been developing in my free time an API for cabal using the mssql ep8 database that should have been helping me in create an angular material dashboard to manage everything from ingame stuff to server stuff. I was thinking even using some javascript to reacreate the 3D character on browser just like the one ingame, thanks to the Yamachi's script for 3ds max so i can export now all the models ech in obj, but still, plenty of work to do. So i do not know, if i should drop working on this api using the default ep8 database or focusing more on the mysql one that Minerva see, but that depends of how many changes the new database will have to suffer or if this project wont go dead anytime soon. Either way, what you saying?

Also i might also start lean a bit of C# so i can help anyway i can. Can not be more differrent than PHP, right? Been waiting for this emulator like forever, so, i am pretty excited to help in any way so it can be finished xD .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i am quite interested in joining you but i suppose as a web developer. I've been developing in my free time an API for cabal using the mssql ep8 database that should have been helping me in create an angular material dashboard to manage everything from ingame stuff too server stuff. I was thinking even using some javascript to reacreate the 3D character on browser just like the one ingame, thanks to the Yamachi's script for 3ds max so i can export now all the models ech in obj, but still, plenty of work to do. So i do not know, if i should drop working on this api using the default ep8 database or focusing more on the mysql one that Minerva see, but that depends of how many changes the new database will have to suffer or if this project wont go dead anytime soon. Either way, what you saying?

Also i might also start lean a bit of C# so i can help anyway i can. Can not be more differrent than PHP, right? Been waiting for this emulator like forever, so, i am pretty excited to help in any way so it can be finished xD .

Feel free to use whenever database you want, and also MSSQL<->MySQL databases aren't so different, just a few queries. Just keep in mind, that Minerva is in eaaaaaaaaaaarly pre-alpha state and during time, database structures will change. Its different already than ep8 official ones, you can check in repo source, sql folder.

3 Years ago we were stuck with EP8's login system authentication, no one knew how to solve it, and we stopped. But one day i woke up and had idea to try something else... And it worked ;p Now, there aren't any difficulties (yet?) which would make us to stop from developing it.
I can't lie - it will take a lot of time to finish it. It won't be months, it will be years.

PHP is ez and C# isn't hard, compared to lower-level C++ programming.

┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well, thats what i am talking about, in ep8 database mssql for ex the item is binary encoded when in minerva custom mysql db could not be and so on. Well i might give it shot though, and when i thought i am the only one left still working and doing some good for this section, but surprise, this section is not dead, lets keep going and keep this section alive. xD

What was that something else you tried though in login authentication that you were stucked at?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, thats what i am talking about, in ep8 database mssql for ex the item is binary encoded when in minerva custom mysql db could not be and so on. Well i might give it shot though, and when i thought i am the only one left still working and doing some good for this section, but surprise, this section is not dead, lets keep going and keep this section alive. xD

What was that something else you tried though in login authentication that you were stucked at?

Well, instead trying to find a way decrypting it, just write a patch and skip that decryption, and details will be readable. Tho, i found out some info about that encryption and it's key. But still, it was faster to skip it rather than digging more about it.

There was also suggested idea, to login via launcher/web page(like some mmorpg's do) but we still have login UI when game starts, so we didn't even tried to do like this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would skipping the decryption affect in any way the game, the security of the account or something?

It won't. Probably EST made it cuz there was a chance to log in without entire client, just emulating the client side packets.
Also, when we will finish with EP8, i'm going to dig more and find out that cryption(it's RSA i think) algorithm for login authentication.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's nice to see someone taking some initiative and contributing for a change. I'd honestly suggest starting from scratch, though. When I wrote that old code, I made some bad design decisions, which resulted in the code becoming too abstract and convoluted. There are some bottlenecks that require a complete rewrite to get around. You're also limiting your platform to Windows by using WCF for IPC.

As for the account details encryption, it uses RSAES-OAEP-SHA1. Let's see how you go from there. Good luck :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's nice to see someone taking some initiative and contributing for a change. I'd honestly suggest starting from scratch, though. When I wrote that old code, I made some bad design decisions, which resulted in the code becoming too abstract and convoluted. There are some bottlenecks that require a complete rewrite to get around. You're also limiting your platform to Windows by using WCF for IPC.

As for the account details encryption, it uses RSAES-OAEP-SHA1. Let's see how you go from there. Good luck :)

Yeah, i noticed some weak spots, that i will need to rewrite. I did liked how packets are handled(portability for other EP's and etc), probably thats why i didn't started from scratch. As for IPC, need to do more modifications for current code to make it work properly, but after all, i thought i should go with some 'ultra light net lib' to make own protocol.

Thanks for account cryption method. Although i did skipped it on EU client, so it wont be main focus yet. But definitely will be worth when we switch to another EP.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some files are missing ^^

GoldenHeaven - Dignity Team - Minerva Updated - RaGEZONE Forums

- Forget it fixed already (i code new CharacterSelect.cs / AutoUseStatPoints.cs etc. some missing files! ) :)
update: now testing....

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Neeh ~.~ I code missing file hahah idk if its correct. but thanks anyway. let me compare what i did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back