Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EBM Blender Importer

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Basically, even if a model has no bones or animations, the EBM should still contain the bone/animation/influence chunks. Even though they're practically empty chunks, CABAL still needs them.

Ah yes, now I understand what you meant by empty chunks.

BTW, I've found a flag in EBM files that handles the texture. The flag tells CABAL whether to use the alpha layer for the model glow or whether to actually display the alpha, and it can also be used to give the texture an additive-like blend effect.

Try playing with unknown_0 using a value from 0 to 256 and unknown_2 using a value from 0 to 100 to see if it controls blending intensity.

Now, my question is, does Blender support texture blending modes like "additive"? I know there's an option to use the alpha layer on a model or not, but I don't know if there's a texture-blending mode option.

Yes.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah yes, now I understand what you meant by empty chunks.

Try playing with unknown_0 using a value from 0 to 256 and unknown_2 using a value from 0 to 100 to see if it controls blending intensity.

Yes.

sir phamtom this importer can import DDS file to ECH ? or not?
it is possible to import DDS to ECH file?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
sir phamtom this importer can import DDS file to ECH ? or not?
it is possible to import DDS to ECH file?

Huh? The "importer" is used to import EBM files into Blender.. If you want to mess with the ECH files, get my EBM/ECH 010 template from the development section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is great! I really have wanted to see this happen for a long time when it comes to animations. Now I just need to learn how to use animations in blender. When importing it seems that all animations stop at 250 frames. Is it some kind of layer or is it a limit?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is great! I really have wanted to see this happen for a long time when it comes to animations. Now I just need to learn how to use animations in blender. When importing it seems that all animations stop at 250 frames. Is it some kind of layer or is it a limit?

lol, there's no limit. Change the ending frame :p Also, I'd suggest changing the speed. Find lines 351 and 367, then change 100 to 24.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hm, i am new to blender but you mean just to pull up end time? When I try to export it says something like:

_idle

or

_blow

like there is a specific animation loaded for certain models

Hm, just pulled up end frame from 250 to 1000 but nothing happens, I have a attack animation that stops at 160 or so but no other anim is loaded after

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hm, i am new to blender but you mean just to pull up end time? When I try to export it says something like:

_idle

or

_blow

like there is a specific animation loaded for certain models

Hm, just pulled up end frame from 250 to 1000 but nothing happens, I have a attack animation that stops at 160 or so but no other anim is loaded after

That's because that specific anim only has that many frames. I'll explain more in the morning. Too tired to think atm.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well when exporting I can see in the command prompt that I have _idle, _blow etc so I can export different animations with this I just don't know how to switch in blender :)

Also, the models are not "skinned" in blender but are in max. Some small button I need to tick I reckon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Change from wireframe to textured (look at the bottom of the 3d window.)
Anyways, as to the animation thing, you need to change the UI layout from Scene to Animation (look at the top), then change the bottom window from Buttons to Actions Editor. You can choose different animations from there. Also, there's a slight bug in Blender. Move the skeleton, then undo it (ctrl+z). When you've done that, the mesh will move with the skeleton.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks! will try it asap. i changed before to texture but nothing happened so will try to move a bone

ok, got everything working but I still have a question.

Where are the animations for the "normal" male characters? When I open man1-9.ech there are only models but no animations attached. Where can I find all the actions for them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok, got everything working but I still have a question.

Where are the animations for the "normal" male characters? When I open man1-9.ech there are only models but no animations attached. Where can I find all the actions for them?

Most of the common animations are in (wo)man.ech

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sorry,
but i have an error:

"Compiled with Phyton version 2.6.1.
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Checking for installed Phyton... No installed Phyton found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continue happily.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "D:\Install Files\Blender\.blender\scripts\ebm_import.py", line 58, in <module>
import struct
ImportError: No module named struct"

i've phyton 2.6.1 installed on my pc. and tell me how can i fix this error?

thx!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Make sure you've got the right version of Python installed for your OS architecture (x86 or x64).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone know please tell me where I can find a program that converts .dds to .JPG without the Adobe Photoshop CS2

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,
i put the ebm_import.py in the folder
xxxx\BlenderFoundation\Scripts
and in xxxx\BlenderFoundation\Blender\Scripts
but it doesnt work,
did i make something wrong?

I apologize for my broken English

B

bmn23

is there stored all the animations the mob can do, i.e i find aos2 boss who just attacks, but shouldn't there be idle and other attacks too stored?
where can i find them?

Back