Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GameGuard - what i know so far (not working yet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The host file updater just updates the hosts file to redirect the official GG address (gameguard.cabalonline.com for cabal EU) to another IP address.

We don't need an injector as we can use the GG protected exes from the official EU server (even older ones if we need them). The key to the whole thing is that update.cfg as it is the one thing we can't get from somewhere else.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
we need client with first updatE?
We need an older version of the GG files, but without the update.cfg file to go with them it won't work.
Wondering if all the nProtect protected games have the samy decrypting key for the "update.cfg"...
The gguardfile.exe seems to be able to decrypt all of the different ones i have tried so i would assume so.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If i can find somebody skilled enough with a debugger that can remove the update check from gameguard.des that may be a way around it. What is stopping me is the fact that GG checks for that update.cfg and as i only have newer ones it wants to update. Stop it checking for update.cfg and therefore stopping the update is the best idea i can come up with right now but this is beyond my debugger/hexing skills :(

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If i can find somebody skilled enough with a debugger that can remove the update check from gameguard.des that may be a way around it. What is stopping me is the fact that GG checks for that update.cfg and as i only have newer ones it wants to update. Stop it checking for update.cfg and therefore stopping the update is the best idea i can come up with right now but this is beyond my debugger/hexing skills :(

You'll also need to prevent it from checking itself, as it will inevitably check to make sure nobody has messed with its files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then it would completely invalidate the use of gameguard, as people will be able to modify it at will to allow them to continue cheating... Without that update.cfg... We'd be just as well spending months writing our own(At least then there wouldn't be loads of games using it so a massive community learning to bypass it, compared to gameguard)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear friends!:laugh:

Hey chumpy i have discovered in my old pc hard drive a game that uses GG too.
i have packed the files of it and uploaded if you are interested on them:

Thanks!:D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back