Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GameGuard - what i know so far (not working yet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi guys im new here.. got confused on lots of discussions above..

What exactly do we need to do?

look for a decryptor for the .cfg file? let me know.. thanks i want to help on this one as this is one of the best solution we may have on the Cheat engine problem.. thanks!

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dear friends!:laugh:

Hey chumpy i have discovered in my old pc hard drive a game that uses GG too.
i have packed the files of it and uploaded if you are interested on them:

Thanks!:D:
Getting hold of the GG files is no problem at all, the problem is that there is 1 file (update.cfg) which is never present in the client and without that update.cfg the files aren't any use. Unless somebody took a copy of the npz file and the update.cfg to go with them sometime in early 2008 we have no way of getting the update.cfg.

sir my i ask if make emulator for xtrap to make it work will it do the same job or its useless?:thumbup1:
It wouldn't work. The xtrap client itself would be protected but there would be nothing to stop players simply switching it for an unprotected one as the server has no way or verifying it is in fact an xtrap client. Our server has a GG lib which can be enabled to check the client is a GG protected one and refuse any that aren't.
hi guys im new here.. got confused on lots of discussions above..

What exactly do we need to do?

look for a decryptor for the .cfg file? let me know.. thanks i want to help on this one as this is one of the best solution we may have on the Cheat engine problem.. thanks!
A decrypter is easy to find but what we need is an update.cfg of the right age and a set of npz containing files that match the hashes in the .cfg. We don't have that file or any way of getting it and there is no way to encrpt our own version.

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
sir my i ask if make emulator for xtrap to make it work will it do the same job or its useless?:thumbup1:

No, as chumpy said we can`t have xtrap since they can use other client and server won`t tell the difference but if we use gg the server will authenticate the user only if he receives gg login packets.

And stop calling me 'sir', who knows maybe i`m a 'she' , *going_to_check_soon*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well the results that i have recived from 20 min of work are the same as yours::<:

Maybe we can find the shared key in the packets?:(:

Oh damn its so hard put GG working...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i belive this is what u need right chumpy?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
searched the official forum :p dunno if theyll do any good for chumpy though xD

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No these are the client side files and don't include the .cfg, in fact they are probably copies of ones i have posted in the past.

The npz files from the GG server are the first step and those are easy to get. The files you have are mostly the decompressed client ones not the original npz ones.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
maybe will help but its for Linage2 how to create gg server ... (own)

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is one of several methods i tried when testing.

GG checks the name of the game in the .cfg and .ini files so you can't use files from another game. The only reason that lineage2 method is possible is because somebody managed to get a complete set of the files as well as the update.cfg to go with them. For Cabal almost complete sets of files exist but they don't have the update.cfg and unfortunately that is the key to making it work.

I am 99% sure we are also missing some of the GG files from the server too as we only have the libs, no config files to go with it and these exist in other games i looked at. A few other people have said the same thing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
please reupload files

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please reupload thoose files, that link is dead

Reaction score
1. Last posted on 2011.
2. This is for Episode 2.
3. Chumpy stopped his research on this matter.
4. Chumpy left Cabal, awhile ago.
5. Common sense insert here.

Locking the thread. If there will be a miracle and someone will have anything related to this thread, get in touch with me via PM and I will gladly unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back