Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MINERVA Emulator - Dignity Team - Official

Would you like to keep developing this emulator?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Emi, good to see you in Minerva Project... In weekend i start to get a packet structures for you!

I'll have some more time this weekend to work on it! Hopefully I will setup a demo server so that people can login and test with ease. My goal here is that when someone makes changes to Minerva, this is ready to test by everyone on a live server.

that would be super helpfull i appreciate your gesture and hope the community starts to unite more than we where when ep2 was realeased and being worked on by chumpy ;)

PS: weekends i stream with other net, so probably 1080p and will stream tonight!

/Yay/ This twitch thing is totally strange to me.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Starting stream now on , for newest build see emi's build server or go to and check the link to the latest build (which is also a link to emi's buildserver).

Also tell me what you think should be developed next (gonna try but no promises xD).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For those who don't realize what this is, its a new emulator (server files) for cabal to what im doing developing a server for a new game, only diference is that cabal already has one. Think L2j and its competitors, in this case its ep8 server files and im the "competitor" developing new server files.

The above comes as a answer for the people who have been asking me what does this do and what its for and the simple way to think of it is: theres winrar and theres zip they both compress files but they are diferente from each other which is to say biebers ep8 files let you play cabal and im doing files to let you play cabal as well but in my case im on ep 15, run on Windows and mysql instead of mssql.

Another question is will it run on Linux: the files are in c# so with mono you can probably do it, havent tried though...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Another question is will it run on Linux: the files are in c# so with mono you can probably do it, havent tried though...

nope not working
Code:
root@cabal:~/bin# mono master.exe
WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v1.1.4322

** (master.exe:1080): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /root/b                                                                                                                               in/master.exe could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   System.Xml.Linq    (assemblyref_index=4)
     Version:    4.0.0.0
     Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MO                                                                                                                               NO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/roo                                                                                                                               t/bin/).

** (master.exe:1080): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Li                                                                                                                               nq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of                                                                                                                                its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or butt                                                                                                                               embly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c5                                                                                                                               61934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: "System.Xml.Linq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b7                                                                                                                               7a5c561934e089"
  at Minerva.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>                                                                                                                               :0

edit: im wrong... used an too old mono system
here on debian 8
Code:
root@Debian-82-jessie-64-minimal ~/stricted/bin # mono master.exe
           _____  _________ _        _______  ______             _____
          /     \ \__   __/| \    /||  ____ \|  ___ \ |\     /| / ___ \
         | || || |   | |   |  \  | || |    \/| |   \ || |   | || |   | |
         | || || |   | |   |   \ | || |__    | |___/ || |   | || |___| |
         | ||_|| |   | |   | |\ \| ||  __|   |     _/ | |   | ||  ___  |
         | |   | |   | |   | | \   || |      | |\ \    \ \_/ / | |   | |
         | |   | |___| |___| |  \  || |____/\| | \ \__  \   /  | |   | |
         |/     \|\_______/|/    \_||_______/|/   \__/   \_/   |/     \|

[2016-05-21 10:04:52.034] Starting Log Service...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.043] Reading configuration...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.193] Loading initial char data...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.194] Starting Pipe Server...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.494]  ##ERROR##  Addresses 0.0.0.0 (IPv4) and ::0 (IPv6) are unspecified addresses. You cannot use them as target address.
Parameter name: hostNameOrAddress

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nope not working
Code:
root@cabal:~/bin# mono master.exe
WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v1.1.4322

** (master.exe:1080): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /root/b                                                                                                                               in/master.exe could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   System.Xml.Linq    (assemblyref_index=4)
     Version:    4.0.0.0
     Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MO                                                                                                                               NO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/roo                                                                                                                               t/bin/).

** (master.exe:1080): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.Li                                                                                                                               nq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of                                                                                                                                its dependencies.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or butt                                                                                                                               embly 'System.Xml.Linq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c5                                                                                                                               61934e089' or one of its dependencies.
File name: "System.Xml.Linq, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b7                                                                                                                               7a5c561934e089"
  at Minerva.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>                                                                                                                               :0

edit: im wrong... used an too old mono system
here on debian 8
Code:
root@Debian-82-jessie-64-minimal ~/stricted/bin # mono master.exe
           _____  _________ _        _______  ______             _____
          /     \ \__   __/| \    /||  ____ \|  ___ \ |\     /| / ___ \
         | || || |   | |   |  \  | || |    \/| |   \ || |   | || |   | |
         | || || |   | |   |   \ | || |__    | |___/ || |   | || |___| |
         | ||_|| |   | |   | |\ \| ||  __|   |     _/ | |   | ||  ___  |
         | |   | |   | |   | | \   || |      | |\ \    \ \_/ / | |   | |
         | |   | |___| |___| |  \  || |____/\| | \ \__  \   /  | |   | |
         |/     \|\_______/|/    \_||_______/|/   \__/   \_/   |/     \|

[2016-05-21 10:04:52.034] Starting Log Service...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.043] Reading configuration...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.193] Loading initial char data...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.194] Starting Pipe Server...
[2016-05-21 10:04:52.494]  ##ERROR##  Addresses 0.0.0.0 (IPv4) and ::0 (IPv6) are unspecified addresses. You cannot use them as target address.
Parameter name: hostNameOrAddress

Yeah, use latest mono. You might change ip's 0.0.0.0 to 127.0.0.1 or so.
When i changed WCF to plain TCP, i tested it in Debian 7:
allocen - MINERVA Emulator - Dignity Team - Official - RaGEZONE Forums

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, use latest mono. You might change ip's 0.0.0.0 to 127.0.0.1 or so.
When i changed WCF to plain TCP, i tested it in Debian 7:

on my side it crashes
mono - MINERVA Emulator - Dignity Team - Official - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Seems like Mono doesn't support RSA OEAP padding yet.

yep, will be available on the next mono version (that what their git looks like)
yust an idea, use bouncycaste for that? (should be support RSA OAEP padding)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I will install a Linux Agent on the build server and have the binaries for you to use directly :)

how should that work when mono dosent support the encytion padding? (and i preffer to compile it myself :p )

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I will give it a try.
i would be happy when there is a way to run it on linux (then i can remove finally my windows vm...)
I'm happy that you like to do it yourself but there are plenty of people who can't for various reasons.
if i can compile it myself, then i do it (when there is no reason to use pre compiled bins)

Last edited:
Reaction score
We did a couple of minor tweaks and the Minerva runs under Ubuntu 16.04 and after my PR is merged you should be able to test it out with the latest bins.
You can try put minerva.emanuelscirlet.com into your internal.txt and should work. Maybe I can create a couple of test accounts so that you can actually log in and move around.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
We did a couple of minor tweaks and the Minerva runs under Ubuntu 16.04 and after my PR is merged you should be able to test it out with the latest bins.
You can try put minerva.emanuelscirlet.com into your internal.txt and should work. Maybe I can create a couple of test accounts so that you can actually log in and move around.

got it theoretically working on debian
ss+(2016-05-22+at+02.55.45) - MINERVA Emulator - Dignity Team - Official - RaGEZONE Forums
i can login, but i cant join the channel oO
i will look into this later and will recompile it again

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Linux is currently being supported on repositor (for bins check emis buildserver) as it has been merged into repository.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Linux is currently being supported on repositor (for bins check emis buildserver) as it has been merged into repository.
yeah, i did a misstake on configuration, its working now really well here

Reaction score
Why do you think it is dead?
The last activity was 12 days ago. Maybe they fix bugs :)

If you wanna stay tuned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back