Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

And people said it wasn't possible...

Would you choose MySQL over MSSQL for your CABAL databases?

• Total voters
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well in my opinion I use a lot of time mysql, and I have some experience in mssql, for web apps it's more fun mysql, mssql sucks in that, and for who thinks that mssql its less secure mmmm it's a little bit more complicated to hack a mssql database, the mysql can be hacked in a matter of minutes of course depends on the experience, for performance and consolidation of cabal my vote is for mysql.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yamachi so when We would see the port of mysql for Cabal :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
..well for me, i use MySQL for my server It suits very well :)

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
..well for me, i use MySQL for my server It suits very well :)

Care to share?

From what I saw of Yamachi's work it shouldn't be too hard to port to MySQL. A few Stored Procedures need writing but it works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Care to share?

From what I saw of Yamachi's work it shouldn't be too hard to port to MySQL. A few Stored Procedures need writing but it works.

Stored procedures and some SQL queries, such as "SELECT TOP", because MySQL doesn't support that.
I managed with ODBC MySQL drivers connect, and i can show logs. Here:

As i can see, we have query: "SELECT TOP 3 UserCount FROM LOG_NATION ORDER BY LOGTIME DESC, Nation" and correct syntax for MySQL would be: "SELECT UserCount FROM LOG_NATION ORDER BY LOGTIME DESC, Nation LIMIT 3"

Dunno, if we can change that query or give somehow support for "SELECT TOP".

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The queries are all in plain text in the server binaries so you could hex them. They are pretty tight on space though so you will probably have to look at relocating the strings and change all of the pointers that reference the old location to the new one. Unfortunately my hexing skills are ancient and I have only done this on Windows binaries in the past. The string you are looking for is at A7E18.

Tricky but not impossible.

AbS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone interested in this idea? It would be great if we could make this happen so we only need 1 VM for both the server and DB. If there is anyone who wants to work on this with me, please send me a message or reply to this thread.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyone interested in this idea? It would be great if we could make this happen so we only need 1 VM for both the server and DB. If there is anyone who wants to work on this with me, please send me a message or reply to this thread.

There's no need for this anymore: &

Back